couple questions for a newbee

I'm new to PSO2 NGS, never played the original, and i had a couple questions. hope I'm not repeating things that have been already asked 100x, but i searched and couldn't find an answer.

1. when do the weekly quests reset? more so what day, time don't matter as much.
  2. I run an assault riffle, and am saving to do my first multi-weapon. any recommendations on what to combine? I was thinking of doing just rifle/launcher since they are both my main class weapons. would this be a bad idea, or is there better combos. I am ranger with force subclass.

thanks for any help/advice.

when do the weekly quests reset? more so what day, time don't matter as much.

every wednesday, also is the same day that maintenances happen

I run an assault riffle, and am saving to do my first multi-weapon. any recommendations on what to combine? I was thinking of doing just rifle/launcher since they are both my main class weapons. would this be a bad idea, or is there better combos. I am ranger with force subclass.

if you want to do that with 4 star weapons than there are some limitations, you can only make multi weapons from weapons of the same series so if you want to do rifle and launcher you gonna be limited to Resurgir and Resurgir is not exactly good for Ranger because the potential requires to do perfect dodges to work so in the moment there hasn't being any real good point to do multi weapons.

thanks for the answers, so do they do maintenance every Wednesday?

@tjhines said in couple questions for a newbee:

thanks for the answers, so do they do maintenance every Wednesday?

PSO2 had maintaniance every 2 weeks or so. We may have maintenance every week for a bit here as they work on fixing the various issues NGS has.

Regarding Multiweapons here's a little FAQ I wrote for my discord:

Q: What is a Multiweapon?

A: Take two weapons and smash them together giving you seamless access to all attacks and PAs for those two weapon types.

Q: Can't I do the same thing just by switching weapons?

A: Not exactly. When changing weapons normally there's a slight delay before you can attack again. With a multiweapon there's no delay which makes for a more rapid string of attacks.

Q: How do I make one of these?

A: Talk to the Affixing NPC in the main city.

Q: Why I can't combine the two 4* weapons I want to use?

A: Is the second weapon unlocked? Are both weapons from the same series? Like do they have the same name like "Resurgir" or "Vialto"? You can only make a multiweapon if both weapons used are from the same weapon series.

Q: Do I need to fully enhance both weapons to get max damage?

A: Mercifully no. Only the main weapon needs to be enhanced and affixed. The second weapon "loses" it's own stats and operates off the affixes, enhancement levels and potental level of the main weapon.

Q: Can I change what weapons are part of my multiweapon?

A: You can change the second weapon by overwriting it with another one at the NPC. You'll have to supply materials and another weapon if you want to do this though.

Making a MW AR/Launcher is a pretty fun combo though. Rifle's basic attacks give you good PP regen and launcher has powerful PAs to spend that PP.

If you want to do that with 4* weapons it would limit you to using Resurgir weapons which are unfortunately kinda expensive right now because they're rarer and more popular. The prices have been coming down though.

Regarding subclasses Force or Gunner are good choices since they both enhance your PP regen, letting you throw out more PAs and do higher DPS.

The most important thing about ranger though is to make sure you're making liberal use of Blight Rounds if you're fighting a boss. When you tag something with that you're debuffing it's defense so everyone who attacks the same part ends up doing more damage.

I have gotten to level 20 as a Ranger and was using a Foursis rifle and a Vialto launcher without multiweaponing. The sole reason I used those two is because that's what I found in the field.

But honestly, if I were to do it over again, purchasing a Resurgir rifle and launcher to make a multiweapon rifle/launcher sounds like a good idea to save some costs of upgrading. Upgrading a single weapon instead of two could have saved me quite the bit. But with the cost of the multiweapon process itself, it doesn't look like there is much saving in N-meseta. Just N-grinders and fodder weapons. The rifle by itself actually doesn't seem to need multiweapon help all that much. Homing darts are the perfect mobbing tool, able to lock on to and attack everything in range of your sights. Blight rounds and spiral shot aren't all that bad against single targets. The skill Slide Shot Advanced turns the weapon action into an attack while dodging move. So overall there isn't really any weakness to cover. Multiweaponing with a launcher might be convenient in order to quickly alternate between blight rounds and the launcher's really powerful photon arts. But I can't really think of any other combos that might be worthwhile.

The launcher deals monster DPS to single targets and small groups, especially against bosses. However it is slow and doesn't really have anything to defend oneself with except the basic dodge everybody has. I've been tempted to try to multiweapon a launcher with a sword so I have something to block with. Maybe the partisan can also work since both are available in Vialto version.

But otherwise, at least for the Ranger, there doesn't seem to be much to sweat about.

@tjhines Weeklies reset every Wednesday ay 3pm PDT i believe. Dailies reset everyday at 5am PDT

thank you all, this was exactly what i needed to know