offline play

On Dreamcast we have the option to play offline or online that's what made the game also so fantastic I think that Xbox should do that I've been waiting to play this game since Dreamcast I hope you guys don't drop the ball on this I am thankful that it's free to play but I will pay if we can play offline also.

Unfortunately, unlike the first PSO, your character is saved server-side rather that being saved locally (it's actually been like this since PSOBB); this was likely done to help prevent some of the cheating that was able to happen from being able to switch between offline and online with the same character.

Be honest I'll be okay with having offline character and an online character that's a good idea to

Unfortuantely, it isn't likely in the slightest. The game has been out for 8 years already in Japan and they don't even have an offline mode.

@Ragnawind said in offline play:

Unfortuantely, it isn't likely in the slightest. The game has been out for 8 years already in Japan and they don't even have an offline mode.

This. Never going to happy, buddy. This is PSO2, not PSO1 - completely different games.

It would have had this option already if it were going to be a thing.

And it probably would never have a PC version if it had an offline mode.

@coldreactive said in offline play:

And it probably would never have a PC version if it had an offline mode.

I think the closest Blue Burst ever had was a 'One Person' mode, but that was still online. Just with the Offline easier setting.

All "mainline" entries after PSOBB have maintained an Online-only stance.

Even PSU's Offline had no bearings on its Online content and ultimately became the main focus. Thats the stance all the mainline games will follow through with.