Where is the calendar?

Where is the calendar or its analogue? How to track urgent quests in NGS?

All Urgent quests occur randomly since NGS launch as intended.

If it helps, at least it seems that UQs in NGS only occur on the hour, instead of on hours and half hours. They usually happen 2 or 3 hours apart.

That'll become less useful as time goes on and we get more UQs, but for now we've only got two so it's not so bad.

I mean it really doesn't make much sense to schedule an emergency since it would be like scheduling a car accident or some other such incident. Like in base the only UQ that made sense being scheduled was Armada VR. Not that I didn't like having a calendar since I did.

@Akonyl There could also potentially be multiple UQs up in multiple regions in the future. No reason for low level players to miss out on Aelio UQs while higher level UQs are happening in higher level regions.

UQ in NGS its easy, lazy lvling. 40k exp from robot, 80k from dragon. This is why an UQ schedule is needed.

@DoubleMoonkin sadly the UQs are randomly timed, so you can’t really make a calendar for something the game randomly generates on a whim. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in Where is the calendar?:

@DoubleMoonkin sadly the UQs are randomly timed, so you can’t really make a calendar for something the game randomly generates on a whim. 😕

I don't really see this reasoning, tbh. If PSO2 didn't have an UQ schedule, people would also claim that it was totally random, we only know PSO2 UQs were only semi-random because they gave us the schedule info for half of them. There's been nothing shown to players that indicates NGS UQs are any less schedule-able than PSO2 ones.

@Akonyl said in Where is the calendar?:

I don't really see this reasoning, tbh. If PSO2 didn't have an UQ schedule, people would also claim that it was totally random, we only know PSO2 UQs were only semi-random because they gave us the schedule info for half of them. There's been nothing shown to players that indicates NGS UQs are any less schedule-able than PSO2 ones.

It isn't about the ability to schedule them. It is that it literally makes no sense to have them scheduled, especially since they aren't on a ship anymore and they are more of emergency now without knowing when they take place, which was their intended purpose from the beginning. Also, knowing when they take place removes the Urgency from them.

@Ragnawind said in Where is the calendar?:

@Akonyl said in Where is the calendar?:

It isn't about the ability to schedule them. It is that it literally makes no sense to have them scheduled, especially since they aren't on a ship anymore and they are more of emergency now without knowing when they take place, which was their intended purpose from the beginning. Also, knowing when they take place removes the Urgency from them.

The post I was replying to was about the ability to make a calendar for things the game "randomly generates on a whim", so yes it was actually about the ability to schedule them. I just wasn't replying to the post you wanted me to.

WRT your different point though, it shouldn't really matter. The schedule doesn't exist in in-game lore, there isn't even an in-game menu to access it, it's just a component of how the game mechanics worked previously. There's no reason that every component of how a game works needs to have some meta in-game lore reasoning. We don't get in-game explanations for bugfixes, or nerfs, or why skill trees change with patch updates, or why there's multiple Halphas that exist on different "ships", or why the soldier line scratches suddenly disappeared. It's not necessary, just like a schedule that gets posted on the PSO2 website for player convenience doesn't need an in-game reasoning.

If you want to complain about the lore sense of UQs there are a few PSO2 UQs (namely primordial darkness) which are supposed to be one-time things in the lore anyway (unlike the Falz fights where they give the handwave of "we'll keep coming back!"), and which I wouldn't be surprised to see happen again in NGS either. But then again, games having you murder a boss multiple times to farm drops without trying to handwave a reason for it is essentially the norm in online games, and I don't think it should really be necessary to.