Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy

The grind to maxing out gear has always been the part that no one wants to actually drag themselves through. The damage upgrades per weapon level and defense per unit level are so miniscule that your gear only ever mattered once it got maxed. The real difficulty and time sink has ALWAYS been the affixing grind part, and it still is even if it's easier now.

@Xaelon I think its more that 4* units are currently supposed to be a long term goal rather than a short term one.

People are in many ways skipping straight to the very expensive 4* gear and not actually looking at limit broken 1*/2*/3* gear.

Using the same type of units to grind them the cost for each armor is:

• Primm Armor +40 - 68 Primm Armors, 127k, 10 Mononite, 10 Dualamite and 10 Trinite for Def 48, HP +10
  • Tzvia Armor +40 - 51 Tzvia Armors, 175k, 20 Dualamite and 20 Trinite for Def 49, PP +2
  • Theseus Armor +40 - 49 Theseus Armors, 264k and 30 Trinite for Def 50, HP +10, PP +1
  • Qual De Armor +40 - 39 Qual De Armor and 156k for Def 51, PP +6
  • Cattleya Armor +40 - 39 Cattleya Armor and 156k for Def 53, HP +20, PP +2
  • Vialto Armor +40 - 39 Vialto Armor and 156k for Def 55, HP +30 DamRes +1%
  • Qual De Armor: Arga - 59 tier 4 armors and 236k for Def 54, PP +4, +1% to Melee and Ranged damage
  • Qual De Armor: Belta - 59 tier 4 armors and 236k for Def 54, PP +4, +1% to Ranged and Technique damage
  • Qual De Armor: Sheza - 59 tier 4 armors and 236k for Def 54, PP +4, +1% to Melee and Technique damage

@ultimatecalibur Yeah, that is a good point. It's possible that Sega intends for units to be our current long term progression goal and that's why 3* units don't drop outside of UQs. One of the main reasons some people are jumping straight to 4* units are because they're trying to find something to replace whatever they have from PSO2.

Thanks for the stat and enhancement costs for each unit type. I have one more question for you if you're game.

I've been wondering if a unit's stats (other than defense) increase when you grind it up. Like does the Qual De series give more PP at +40 or does a Qual De unit only ever give +6 PP regardless of enhancement level?

@Xaelon Currently the only things that increase are Def and number of affix slots (start at 2, 3rd at +20, 4th at +40).

@ultimatecalibur That's what I thought, thank you for confirming it.

@Blade-Syphon said in Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy:

@Xaelon

..I may or may not have shit myself a little seeing the cost for a +40 Unit.

That...will be a painful endeavor. Silver and Gold units when, Sega?

Imagine how larger and larger its going to get with every new rarity *shudder

@Crysiania We have to hope that Sega will introduce higher rarities of EXP weapons to go with higher rarity gear.

But this is the tutorial island newbie stage of the game where everything should be dirt cheap. The entirity of current NGS is literally the first 5 minutes of content for the overall game. Why should upgrading anything be end-game tier grind?

@Crysiania said in Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy:

@Xaelon

..I may or may not have shit myself a little seeing the cost for a +40 Unit.

That...will be a painful endeavor. Silver and Gold units when, Sega?

Yeah, I was having an existential crisis thinking about that the other night (just kidding, but it still crossed my mind, and I did shudder).

It's an issue I feel like Sega's going to need to address at some point. I didn't really like the idea of Units following the same leveling system as weapons did in NGS to begin with, but given how badly grindy they are, I'm REALLY not liking it now. It's doable, but it's ridiculously painful, and unnecessarily so.

Adding Silver and Gold units to the game would alleviate this problem immensely, given that it's super easy to get a weapon to +40 with them, and hopefully in the future they'll add something like platinum weapons and units as well to help keep things moving forward. Otherwise, getting a new higher grade weapon or unit isn't going to be fun or exciting, its' going to be something we dread every time a new region and rarity increase happens.

@Crysiania said in Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy:

It is likely going to make Limit Breaking lower tier gear seem more and more viable.

I would not be surprised if the power gap between a Primm Weapon +200 and a 15* +200 is only about 15 potency but cost far less in total.

Adding Silver and Gold units to the game would alleviate this problem immensely, given that it's super easy to get a weapon to +40 with them, and hopefully in the future they'll add something like platinum weapons and units as well to help keep things moving forward. Otherwise, getting a new higher grade weapon or unit isn't going to be fun or exciting, its' going to be something we dread every time a new region and rarity increase happens.

One thing to consider is that you need to upgrade far fewer Units than Weapons. 3 Units will more or less cover all your classes but we are looking at 18 different weapons in the future.