Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy

The over abundance of these swords has trivialized upgrading weapons and completely negates the need to buy 3* and 4* fodder weapons. While I like the addition of these swords, they need a hard nerf to their drop rate to balance things out.

nah is not needed in base PSO2 you can buy a gunblade that was used only to upgrade weapons and only did cost a few ex-cubes so having silver and gold Primm Swords is basically the same.

Since cosmetic prices might skyrocket as soon as new ones come out and people have more meseta to waste, the rich get richer and the poor waste all their earnings on cosmetics and get poorer. Might as well let them save it all for those cosmetics.

Enhancement costs are too high anyways to make it worth using anything but gold and maybe silver primm swords.

I disagree. The gold and silver weapons need to stay exactly the way they are.

Grinding up weapons during the CBT without the gold and silver swords was a HUGE resource sink. Getting a single 3* rod to max level during the CBT took almost all the money and grinders I had. I have no desire to go back to that.

By reducing the drop chance of EXP weapons all you're doing is forcing everyone to spend more meseta and grinders on enhancing weapons, pointlessly lengthening the amount of time it takes enhance a weapon to +40. Difficulty 2 maps drop plenty of fodder anyway, so even with a reduced amount of EXP weapons, there probably wouldn't be much of a market. Doing this would also have the side effect of clogging up everyone's storage since now we're forced to hold on to any and all 3* weapons instead of just gold and silver swords.

Now take a look at the following image that breaks down gear enhancement costs:

enhancecosts.png

Without gold and silver swords we can realistically assume enhancing 4* weapons would cost a similar amount of resources to what 4* units cost max. I don't know about you, but I much prefer having to spend 174k and 74 grinders instead of 488k and 218 grinders.

Are you ok with doubling or tripling the cost of enhancing weapons? Because that's what happens if we get noticeably fewer exp weapons.

I kinda agree because its kinda bad getting a 4* that has less value to me than a Silver Primm Sword but the same time I think its a needed convenience, in fact, units with Esperio when?

@Rhodes said in Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy:

The over abundance of these swords has trivialized upgrading weapons and completely negates the need to buy 3* and 4* fodder weapons. While I like the addition of these swords, they need a hard nerf to their drop rate to balance things out.

Yes, because F2P players shouldn't have an efficient way of grinding up their weapon. I would've posted the image that shows a good way of enhancing your gear but Xaelon beat me to it. Unit grinding alone is pretty bad, we don't need weapons to be in there as well. In fact, at least allow the EXP affix to drop on units or something.

I think Silver Primm Sword is fine the way it is. I can sell the 3* weps and not keep them as fodder, emptying my storage for other things.

Nobody wants to buy fodder weapons at trader. Find yourself something else to make money.

After reading the title I am tempted to say, "what economy?"

Recently, I have managed to get my Ranger to level 20, a Vialto Launcher to level 40, and a Foursis rifle to level 37. I also upgraded 3 of the unique red-box Qual De units to an average of level 20. All of that has pretty much cost me every N-meseta I have earned. There is nothing left to buy fodder from the market. In fact most of my loot has been "converted to cash," because I'm perpetually broke. The daily and weekly mission pay just goes straight to the upgrade shop.

Since I really want to play Techter for a while, I bought a Resurgir Wand and Wire from the market in preparation. But after the purchase I found out I don't have enough cash to fuse them into a multiweapon like I wanted to. So I feel stuck with my old PSO equipment and the fresh Vialto Talis that I found as loot at least until I get paid my next weekly. But that is the only thing on the market that I found worth buying with my limited N-meseta. In fact, my weapon and unit grinding looks like it's on pause for the next week since I really want that multiweapon and that's the only way I can afford it.

Before we can buy stuff on the player shops, we need N-meseta to buy that stuff with. So, beyond the daily and weekly missions, how do we earn it? If you tell me I need premium to sell to the market then I am not listening. Any other ideas?

@JasminePuma4780 said in Silver Primm Swords have ruined the economy:

Before we can buy stuff on the player shops, we need N-meseta to buy that stuff with. So, beyond the daily and weekly missions, how do we earn it? If you tell me I need premium to sell to the market then I am not listening. Any other ideas?

Complete trials. Each gives 1k to 1.5k for completion based on type (i.e. completing 8 is the equivalent of doing all the dailies).

Also upgrading 4* Units is better done with Theseus, unnamed Qual de Armor, Cattleya and Vialto units.

• A Primm +0 costs 4k for 100 xp. This averages to 25 xp per 1k spent
  • A Primm +10 (made from 8 Primm units) costs 11k for 600 xp. This averages to ~54.5 xp per 1k spent.
  • A Tzvia +0 costs 4k for 200 xp. This averages to 50 xp per 1k spent
  • A Tzvia +20 (made from 16 Tzvia units) costs 34k for 2450 xp. This averages to ~72xp per 1k spent.
  • A Theseus +0 costs 4k for 350 xp. This averages to 87.5 xp per 1k spent.
  • A Theseus +30 (made from 30 Theseus units) costs 91k for 7850 xp. This averages to 86.2 xp per 1k spent
  • A Qual de Armor/Cattleya/Vialto +0 costs 4k for 600 xp (900 xp same unit). This averages to 150 xp (225 xp for same unit) per 1k spent.

@Xaelon

..I may or may not have shit myself a little seeing the cost for a +40 Unit.

That...will be a painful endeavor. Silver and Gold units when, Sega?

@Blade-Syphon It's pretty awful isn't it? I'm not looking forward to dealing with it either. I was already considering doing what @ultimatecalibur suggested and using Theseus units instead of the 2* ones.

Hopefully the lack of gold and silver units are an oversight and Sega will rectify it soon.

Issue with using Theseus armor is that they seem to only come for UQ's so you can't get very many without it taking a long time.

@Weirdo 3* weapons are plenty common. But 3* units are nowhere to be found outside of the UQ? That doesn't make any sense. It makes me wonder if Theseus units are supposed be dropping but aren't because the drop chance is bugged.

It would be one thing if 4* unit drops were also restricted to UQs, but they seem to drop at roughly the same rate as 4* weapons. 4* units are higher rarity than the 3* units, but they drop more often? Maybe Theseus units are actually bugged.