NG Force - Useless Passive?

force.png

Force in New Genesis has this skill that serves as a passive.

[Maintain PP Gain]

If you don't attack or dodge after using a Technique, your PP will recover. Can only be used with a Rod

Friend used a skill point for this passive, noticed that he can gain just as much PP if not more PP in a short span by opting to use one or two attacks after Techniques. He then felt like he just wasted a skill point and doesn't have anymore skill respec tickets lol.

Anyone have insight/advice/theory on how to use this skill properly? Seems kinda useless if you can gain just as much PP (or even more) with one or two more attacks after a Technique. Maybe they'll do a rework on this skill one day or buff it to give a lot more PP?

Honestly pared with Gunner's PP passives, you basically rarely run out of PP especially group mobs that share the same elemental weakness. Short Charge -> Short Charge -> Short Charge -> Full Charge typically for me clears a good size pack of mobs solo and rarely dropped below 40% soloing vet mobs while loss in dps or rotation change.

Though it is what works for me and it could be the absolute worse passive, but I find it useful and fantastic since I am on the move and rarely use a dodge, cause hate 3button set up and have it set as another action instead till they make 2button set up option for NGS.

the skill is not exactly useless but is kind of missleading with the description, there are some moments that you will not attack like in big bosses fights when they gonna use their powerful AoE attack and with force if you are using rods then blocking is the best alternative, this skill works with the block to gain more pp regen.

but if you are not good blocking then yeah this skill won't work with you.

@Jamesmor said in NG Force - Useless Passive?:

the skill is not exactly useless but is kind of missleading with the description, there are some moments that you will not attack like in big bosses fights when they gonna use their powerful AoE attack and with force if you are using rods then blocking is the best alternative, this skill works with the block to gain more pp regen.

but if you are not good blocking then yeah this skill won't work with you.

It doesn't actually trigger when you use rod action to block so I don't quite get what you're saying here unless you mean it's like a fall back for anticipating a block then not needing to? Or something?

Either way I do agree with OP that this is a fairly useless. If you stop attacking it's a DPS loss when already have terrible DPS and have to stay in rotation to even keep up with the gunner classes. If you gain no benefit when dashing, dodging, or blocking, well then then it's a DPS loss and a deterrent to using your defensive options. But where the skill come to the point of borderline "useless" is when we have the options to use our normal attacks which back about the same amount, and Rod block to regain PP.

The only real use is to regain some PP after combat assuming you didn't immediately start dashing to the next area. Or when you're out of PP and you keep pressing the button until the delay triggers and gives you back another hit.

This skill would be FAR more useful if dash, evade, and rod block didn't negate it's activation.