Other Sega Games You'd Like to See

Anyone else miss the motorcycle/shooting game, i think it was called headhunter? That was a blast. I'd love to see them remaster/re-release (Shnemue style) for modern consoles/pc

Skies of Arcadia on steam. Please?

@oldColdReactive i was looking for that a week ago and settled for Grnadia 2 but that wold be awesome!

Another online-focused SEGA game I would like to see released in the West would be Border Break. Best way to describe it is its a mech fighting game, some people say its a spiritual successor to Virtual On The original release was in arcades so... understandable why that didn't see a release but the game did see a release on the PlayStation 4 and since the Arcade servers are down.... its pretty much the only way to play it now. With a big game like PSO2 now being released, I feel its time this game got a chance in the West.

@oldColdReactive said in Other Sega Games You'd Like to See:

Skies of Arcadia on steam. Please?

Double Please? I'm not in the mood to Dolphin it.

Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity - We never got the final chapter of the PSU franchise released in English, and that's rather shameful.

Sakura Wars 1 - 4 - I own them all for the Dreamcast, super fun S-RPG/Dating Sim hybrid games. I don;t understand any Japanese so me and a couple of friends use to parody joke about what we thought might be getting said during the story & dialogue scenes. Sakura Wars V (5) was licensed out to NISA for release here, but why? For one thing, it's game 5! It is super helpful to have a better understanding of the ongoing storyline, sadly it was kind of a turn off to be dumped into game five knowing there were plots and follow ups in it from the previous games that I couldn't get a grasp of. But why license out one title of your company's flagship franchises to a competitor as they did I'll never understand.

Phantasy Star (remastered games from the Sega Ages PS2 line-up) - These started coming out while original PSO was still going and me and everyone I knew playing PSO coveted these games and was eagerly awaiting the localized English version announcement from Sega... but it never happened.

@Tweeg said in Other Sega Games You'd Like to See:

Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity - We never got the final chapter of the PSU franchise released in English, and that's rather shameful.

Sakura Wars 1 - 4 - I own them all for the Dreamcast, super fun S-RPG/Dating Sim hybrid games. I don;t understand any Japanese so me and a couple of friends use to parody joke about what we thought might be getting said during the story & dialogue scenes. Sakura Wars V (5) was licensed out to NISA for release here, but why? For one thing, it's game 5! It is super helpful to have a better understanding of the ongoing storyline, sadly it was kind of a turn off to be dumped into game five knowing there were plots and follow ups in it from the previous games that I couldn't get a grasp of. But why license out one title of your company's flagship franchises to a competitor as they did I'll never understand.

Phantasy Star (remastered games from the Sega Ages PS2 line-up) - These started coming out while original PSO was still going and me and everyone I knew playing PSO coveted these games and was eagerly awaiting the localized English version announcement from Sega... but it never happened.

PSP2i would need a different platform to launch on than PSP/Vita. Unfortunately, 3DS isn't strong enough, and Switch sort of(yes, sort of) has PSO2 after a fashion. Not to say that the Switch would have been a terrible pick to port PSP2i to.

The remastered games, were they the ones that also had an overhaul of their sound and graphics?

We need to take back Jet Set Radio 🙀 💔 alt text

@Street-Dashley said in Other Sega Games You'd Like to See:

We need to take back Jet Set Radio 🙀 💔 alt text

That'un. I never played JSR, and I know how much fans gush over it, but it would be a worthy choice to move forward, too.

@Robsynclair64 said in Other Sega Games You'd Like to See:

PSP2i would need a different platform to launch on than PSP/Vita. Unfortunately, 3DS isn't strong enough, and Switch sort of(yes, sort of) has PSO2 after a fashion. Not to say that the Switch would have been a terrible pick to port PSP2i to.

The remastered games, were they the ones that also had an overhaul of their sound and graphics?

Yeah, the remastered games were completely remade for the PS2 and even got cut scenes.

Just my two cent take, but as PSU was a heavily episodic story driven affair I was thinking Sega could at some point do a PSU complete franchise release, perhaps sans the online play as that would complicate things for certain. All three PSP titles featured local wireless (AdHoc)multi-player which could easily re-implemented for them since they were all on the same platform. PSU games 1 & 2 + Expansion are the complicated ones to deal with, especially the 3rd entry expansion which was a digital-only release. I never got to play the expansion as my family didn't have broadband internet access until February 2012. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who never got to play the expansion due to not having access to broadband internet at home either. Maybe the smart way to do this would be to re-release PSU as two compilations, with the first compiling games 1 % + Expansion, and the second compilation consisting of the trio of titles from the PSP.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a re-release of all PSO (BB + CARD + Zero) and all PSU (PSU123+PSP12i), with adhock multiplayer at most (split screen too), just as a means to preserve the story of those games, today no one can play PSU Episode 3, so your only option is to go watch it on youtube, and luckily private servers exist for PSOBB and we can play PSO Episode 4.

Also Phantasy Star Nova could get a localization and port to whatever system is alive right now.

Speaking of Sakura Wars, I just finished the first game recently, I played them years ago but a couple months ago fans did what segadon't and translated it, now either wait for Project Sakura Wars west release or try to play the rest in japanese.

Yeah I wouldn't remind an offline story strengthened version of the old PSO and PSU games. What would really be nice, though, is a remastered version of the original phantasy star games, using modern graphics and so on.

@landman said in Other Sega Games You'd Like to See:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a re-release of all PSO (BB + CARD + Zero) and all PSU (PSU123+PSP12i), with adhock multiplayer at most (split screen too), just as a means to preserve the story of those games, today no one can play PSU Episode 3, so your only option is to go watch it on youtube, and luckily private servers exist for PSOBB and we can play PSO Episode 4.

Also Phantasy Star Nova could get a localization and port to whatever system is alive right now.

Speaking of Sakura Wars, I just finished the first game recently, I played them years ago but a couple months ago fans did what segadon't and translated it, now either wait for Project Sakura Wars west release or try to play the rest in Japanese.

Yeah, I didn't mention original PSO as, like you said, there are unofficial fan operated servers for playing PSO. And, PSO Episode IV: Blue Burst did have a physical release in both the US(NA) and Japan. In Japan it had a retail release, and in the US it was a stealth release on a disc in a monthly PC gaming magazine.: PSO Archive - PSO Museum So original PSO is fairly well preserved already thanks to fan effort. But I certainly wouldn't complain (quite the opposite) if Sega did decide to release a original PSO compilation in the near future.

I want a new Daytona, the same as the new from the arcades, more Fungames like Planet Ring and hu Chu Rocket (btw thx for PuyoPuyo Tetris, is so nice!!) a New Virtua Foghter like VF2, oder Remixe! So nice to play it everywhere (cbox arcade, sega saturn....) and a new Sonic Adventure. they can do it, now ! 🙂

I sure as heck would like to see Ristar to return, and a ECCO 3 would be nice.