Okay SEGA, fix this please...

@Trigunman ah yes let's ignore the fact that ARKS have blades made of solid photons, photons are used for everything and that every enemy that ARKS is facing is only vulnerable to photons.

and if you want realism remember that you can't see normal bullets when they are shot with naked eye however all bullets from rifles can easily be seen.

I hate gun nuts, they always take their guns waaay too seriously.

bet you TC soils himself every time someone calls a magazine a clip too.

@Trigunman You're missing the point of the vast majority of what people are saying about your desire for firearms to be remotely realistic.

To repeat myself: AR weapons in PSO2 cannot have realistic range like you're suggesting for balancing reasons.

Please explain to me why you should be able to sit on the very edge of a boss arena in perfect safety doing full damage while every other weapon in the game must engage from medium to close range? How would that be balanced?

"Rifles in the game need to behave this way because they do so in the real world" is not a reason to give one weapon type an incredible advantage over every other weapon in the game.

@Xaelon

As well not to include if using their logic of needing "realism in game cause immersion / gun must be real!", Launchers would be the single most OP weapon. Based on their functionality and to add realistic physics to them....

Pretty much Launchers are portable rail guns meeting semiautomatic howitzer equipped with AGM that has pinpoint satellite tracking. All fun sized with three times the distance.

And to mention ammunition, grain count, metal type and environmental aspects (weather is in game).

@Crysiania said in Okay SEGA, fix this please...:

I hate gun nuts, they always take their guns waaay too seriously.

bet you TC soils himself every time someone calls a magazine a clip too.

Yea, and I hate overzealous for NGS fanboys who gush over effectively a game still in beta.

Spare me your pathetic criticisms.

At least we US citizens who own guns are still CITIZENS and not SLAVES coerced to our government's whims by force of arms.

Our 2nd Amendment guarantees our other amendments and freedoms, the Founding Fathers of the USA were not stupid.

Think long and hard about that, while you still some freedom left to do so.

@Xaelon said in Okay SEGA, fix this please...:

@Trigunman You're missing the point of the vast majority of what people are saying about your desire for firearms to be remotely realistic.

To repeat myself: AR weapons in PSO2 cannot have realistic range like you're suggesting for balancing reasons.

Please explain to me why you should be able to sit on the very edge of a boss arena in perfect safety doing full damage while every other weapon in the game must engage from medium to close range? How would that be balanced?

"Rifles in the game need to behave this way because they do so in the real world" is not a reason to give one weapon type an incredible advantage over every other weapon in the game.

YES, I heard you the first time and yet you still overlook my point of view. What you're stating is Not. Quite. That. Simple.

We rangers/gunners still have some of the slowest, yet hard hitting PAs (primarily in base PSO2) and against (some of whom are fast) moving targets and regardless of how good we might be, we usually get screwed on that gamble, range is the only true advantage we have. Hitting a moving target while using OTS view is not as easy as it may seem, especially a fast moving one, ever heard of spray and pray? Up close and personal in melee range with a very aggressive mob, chances are, WE END UP DEAD. So yea, you think that having true rifle range on a rifle is game breaking? I think not, we can agree to disagree.

So whatever man, believe whatever you like or helps you sleep at night. I think I've stated my points clear enough I think for a reasonable person to understand.

I think this thread is done, for I know I am. Mods feel free to lock this thread, I don't think this thread is going to go anywhere else at this point but straight to the crapper.

@Trigunman said in Okay SEGA, fix this please...:

Hitting a moving target while using OTS view is not as easy as it may seem, especially a fast moving one, ever heard of spray and pray?

PSO2 is first and foremost a 3rd person action RPG. So yes, restricting your view and camera is going to make things harder.

Up close and personal in melee range with a very aggressive mob, chances are, WE END UP DEAD.

There's a reason why the AR's weapon action has tons of iframes. I'm not sure what's killing you in one hit, but as long as I stay on top of my healing I generally don't die as RA. The class also has a TON of mobility so if you're getting hit a ton I would suggest watching the boss more closely.

So yea, you think that having true rifle range on a rifle is game breaking? I think not, we can agree to disagree.

It is gamebreaking though. You're asking to be able to do full damage while being at a range that makes it impossible for the boss to attack you. You want full damage and functional invulnerability. How is that balanced?