What’s the point of grinding for rare items‽

I say this because this game used to be where you had to play and play and play some more to find the rare items but now I can get end game items at the personal shop. There is no reason for me to play for hours when I can just complete my Daily and Weekly Tasks. Then play another game. When I get a “rare”weapon in the field. It’s a joke. I’ve been a fan since the days of Episode 1 & 2 on GameCube but I’ve been playing New Genesis for 30 min - 1hr daily and then play a different game. I can just build Maseta and make my level 4 wand a +40 already…making this game pointless to grind. The personal shop should’ve been just for customization only but it breaks the game entirely.

@Egenzen said in What’s the point of grinding for rare items‽:

I say this because this game used to be where you had to play and play and play some more to find the rare items but now I can get end game items at the personal shop. There is no reason for me to play for hours when I can just complete my Daily and Weekly Tasks. Then play another game. When I get a “rare”weapon in the field. It’s a joke. I’ve been a fan since the days of Episode 1 & 2 on GameCube but I’ve been playing New Genesis for 30 min - 1hr daily and then play a different game. I can just build Maseta and make my level 4 wand a +40 already…making this game pointless to grind. The personal shop should’ve been just for customization only but it breaks the game entirely.

It’s been a week. My issue is no elemental %s anymore. That’s what needs to be implemented. And the 4* +40 means nothing without potency, and a pure affixed ability. And they aren’t cheap.

You need to find tier 4 or 5 prefix 4* resurgir. It’s not about the different weapon classes anymore it’s about affixes and pre affixed abilities.

@Cult I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t change the fact that everyone is selling rare gear for 1k in New Genesis. I wanna play this game and get the satisfaction of earning that rare drop. Yeah I can NoT uSe ThE sHoP! But if it’s there, of course I’m going to use it! We want the best ASAP! But it will make the game be a short lived game.

@Cult I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t change the fact that everyone is selling rare gear for 1k in New Genesis. I wanna play this game and get the satisfaction of earning that rare drop. Yeah I can NoT uSe ThE sHoP! But if it’s there, of course I’m going to use it! We want the best ASAP! But it will make the game be a short lived game.

But the rare drop isn’t the base weapon. It’s the weapon with the ability.

@Cult forgive me but I’m not following you. In the current state of New Genesis a rarity 4 weapon/armor is a rare drop. That is a base weapon/armor that has a specific series.

@Cult forgive me but I’m not following you. In the current state of New Genesis a rarity 4 weapon/armor is a rare drop. That is a base weapon/armor that has a specific series.

He’s talking about the Fixa abilities that drop on weapons and units. They are the red abilities you get on some drops and go to level 5, and they can’t be swapped or changed. The sort after level 5 ones go for a lot of mesta

@TEN-SQUARE-3 doesn’t change the fact that you can still BUY the weapon! lol. Even if it costs 20k or 1m. The point of this thread is purchasing weapons I don’t have to grind for.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 doesn’t change the fact that you can still BUY the weapon! lol. Even if it costs 20k or 1m. The point of this thread is purchasing weapons I don’t have to grind for.

I thought the point of this thread was having to grind for rare items, and those Fixa abilities are probably the rarest thing in the game right now, take a level 5 Fixa attack, that’s something like 5% extra potency, and its extremely hard to get to drop, never mind getting it to drop on the weapon you want. And you can’t add them in later, the only time you can get them is when the weapon drops.

so what you are suggesting is like in PSO2 where the highest tier of gear is locked to be untradeable?

The thing is, this gear will barely cut it by Christmas. The roadmap is up and relatively detailed. I laugh all the way to the bank when someone buys a 4*out of my shop. Unless they've got ono with a Fixa and are buying mine to multiweapon, it is mostly a waste.

As it stands now esthetics only. The game is overly easy and nothing needs good weapons.evrn the BP they so for UQ is to much.

@Egenzen Here's an idea, learn some self control, and grind for the weapon. And just don't buy it in the shop. It's a pretty basic concept when you boil it down. Saying that because an option exists, that you have to use it, and because you don't want to use it, it thusly shouldn't be there to begin with, is a fallacy at best, and a blatant lie at worst. It sounds to me that the issue isn't with you buying, but your irritation with other players being able to simply buy, what you had to spend hours grinding for. And to that I say, screw off. Do you know how great it is that players are willing to care enough to upgrade their gear? In base PSO2, players outright refused to even bother to try, and so those of us with better gear, had to carry those that had gear that wasn't suited for the level of urgent quest. It was a nightmare, and failed defense quests were in abundance. The point of grinding is for bragging rights, if you can call them that, and nothing more, always has been, and always will, especially when the better gear gets released in later patches.

I used to think BP was annoying when I was locked out of UQs and zones. Now I'm glad it exists for the reasons @Anarchy-Marine stated. Think about it this way, doing the grind now means you'll be ready for new/higher rank UQs and the event starting on the 23rd.

@HarmlessSyan said in What’s the point of grinding for rare items‽:

so what you are suggesting is like in PSO2 where the highest tier of gear is locked to be untradeable?

Definitely dont want that, being able to sell/trade rare drops is good. I think people already covered most thing: there is rare drop but its all about the Fixa on the item too (which cant be changed).

@samsaralotus said in What’s the point of grinding for rare items‽:

As it stands now esthetics only. The game is overly easy and nothing needs good weapons.evrn the BP they so for UQ is to much.

They dont require it but its good to have and strive for. I mean its the best way to have it isnt it? People arent locked out of content for having standard gear, its still decent good gear.

Then you can work on going up the scale so you are covered if hard content drops and so can farm better (more for the same time). Arguably better gear increases your income to a small extent. And its just kinda cool lol. I mean why not its fun.