Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes

One of my friends just sent me a screenshot of a mod he saw. There are people editing the game files to make the rare boxes and minerals be these huge pillars in the sky! I really hope the development team is aware of this, this takes all the fun out of gathering and hunting down the rare boxes and gives them an unfair advantage to legit players.

I'm all for people making creative mods that change clothing or whatever people do, but this is just not cool!!

Having to do a route for daily materials isn't fun but it has to do be done due to weapon potentials and capsule exchanges. Also, it's funny that you're okay with people using mods to change clothing, which is also editing game files but you're not okay with someone making their chore easier to do. Any "legit "player with a bit of common sense would look up a map anyways.

@Fross Mods to change clothing is encouraged by the TOS. Mods that give an unfair advantage are against the TOS.

Guess Sega better ban all the rangers using blight rounds on minerals so some other people can see/find them too, -.-".

^that was sarcasm, so don't get offended, ><. I'm a ranger main and I blight round nodes when I do my farm runs to let nearby players know where the nodes are in case they didn't or just wanted to more easily/quickly find them.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes:

this takes all the fun out of gathering and hunting down the rare boxes and gives them an unfair advantage to legit players.

There's already a map of where all the red boxes are in NGS, so anyone can access it and due to that it does not give an unfair advanatge for players trying to hunt red boxes

@Brittany_Rose_C If resource nodes were on a first come first serve basis, you would have a point. But someone gathering a node doesn't stop you from looting it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't even sell gathered materials using a personal shop. So it not as if they can use the mod to make a bunch of money.

How exactly does this negatively effect you?

@Weirdo said in Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes:

@Fross Mods to change clothing is encouraged by the TOS. Mods that give an unfair advantage are against the TOS.

mods to change clothing reduces the likelihood of people spending money on the game if they can just mod in their favorite scratch outfit. yeah totally encouraged 5Head

@Milranduil said in Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes:

mods to change clothing reduces the likelihood of people spending money on the game if they can just mod in their favorite scratch outfit. yeah totally encouraged 5Head

From the TOS

Where possible, SEGA encourages its users to express their creativity and enhance the experience of certain games through the creation of modifications (including but not limited to new items, weapons, characters, models, textures, levels, story lines, music and game modes) for use with the Product (“ Mod” or “Mods ”).

@Milranduil said in Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes:

From the TOS

Where possible, SEGA encourages its users to express their creativity and enhance the experience of certain games through the creation of modifications (including but not limited to new items, weapons, characters, models, textures, levels, story lines, music and game modes) for use with the Product (“ Mod” or “Mods ”).

so is this: "Any element which you include in your Mod must be your own original work created by you or you must have obtained the necessary permissions to use such materials. "

i highly doubt sega's scratch wear constitutes "original work"

Well it has to be original work you can't steal anything. It is against the TOS to use copyrighted materials for those kinds of mods.

When you make the game have a daily gathering chore, people are going to do this to make sure they maximise their gains. Not everyone has the time to search every nook and cranny to make sure they're keeping up with the timegated content.

Being real, SEGA should have all collectibles show up on the map (similar to Monster Hunter), so you don't have to wonder if you're missing anything today. To make it "fair", could have it be jotted down permanently once you find it yourself, although either works really.

i completely agree with your emotions ive spent countless hours scouting for red boxes and hidden minerals and it feels pretty disrespectful for someone to obtain the same stuff i did without any effort used, maps showing the paths already annoy me enough but now knowing people EVEN CHEAT IN A PVE GAME straight up disgusts me, why even play the game then? furious and disappointed but it was to be expected from english communities its just genshin impact all over again cant even look at discords without people constantly posting their "routes". it just shows shame to the genre...

@Matt If not Map perhaps even an upgrade to Mags giving them a toggle for their scanner to also point towards minerals so they are not useless floating ball after a day.

@Matt said in Cheaters using mods to find minerals and rare boxes:

To make it "fair", could have it be jotted down permanently once you find it yourself

I'd be all for this. All I did for my first 1 1/2 days of playing was marking every collectible I found on maps. I had a lot of fun, but it was awful and I never got anywhere near completing them. A system that marks things you've found on your map keeps the fun of mapping, exploration, and discovery while not being actively horrible.

I would like it if the materials that have respawned would be marked on the map since you have already collected them once and it would be nice for keeping track of where you have explored.