The AC item reselling in Market problem

@Reiven Good god no. There has always been a huge problem with Pearl Abyss deciding the prices. They don't let supply and demand run it's course. There are items on the market that sell for such low amounts when they are worth significantly more but they are capped at the price by PA.

In regards to cash shop items they aren't properly rewarding people for the amount of money they are spending. This is probably why over the years they continued to jack up the prices they can be sold at and they'll probably continue to do it. This drives up sales for PA.

Nobody other than people with stupid amounts of disposable income are going to buy and sell the items when they give barely any in game currency vs the amount of money you are spending. This is why the value pack pre order is at like 4000+ from memory (probably higher now). That item is not worth selling at the current market price. Unless they balance the prices across the board that pre order will remain super high because any paying player looking to earn in game currency isn't going to sell the value pack. They will sell the items that give them the most return. I'm sure after they jacked up the prices pearl items could be sold at they probably started earning more money. It's really in their best interest to raise them as high as possible so more sales are generated from whales.

@Miraglyth said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Yggranya said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Miraglyth said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

But give it a little time, and maybe grab any bargains that might emerge from this early period, and I expect we'll see a stability in a couple months' time.

Until the next scratch comes out and doubles or triples the prices again

Well yeah, the next scratch will be next week and well before the couple months I mentioned.

Yeah, and in a couple of months we'll be back to paying at least 10 million for a single hairstyle and at least 5 million for a single piece of clothing. Frankly, i'm not looking forward to it. I was hoping for some changes to rules and some added limitations to personal shop, but nope. Now i can't even sell things there to make some meseta and i sure as hell won't buy premium to support the a-holes who pull this crap out of their backside.

and in a couple of months we'll be back to paying at least 10 million for a single hairstyle and at least 5 million for a single piece of clothing

If that's the level it stabilises at, sure. Even that's less than most of PSO2's life, where good emotes were over 100 million soon after PC release. I do expect it'll stabilise lower just because there's way less meseta generation than in PSO2.

Remember OG PSO2 offered 2.61 million per week just from the weekly missions (one giving 1m, one giving 605k and one giving 405k) and Yerkes. Generally 3-5 100k+ daily orders too. And all of that was per character. Someone logging into their three free characters for five minutes a week and keeping up on their harvesting (and freebie fishing daily orders if the weekly needed 10 of those) could easily make 9 million per week and that was a lot of disposable income to throw around even before considering UQs dropping 50k+, Extreme Quests dropping 2-4k+ per frequent money drop and the increasingly silly generation from selling various items to NPCs.

NGS' main repeatable money generation is daily and weekly tasks, which if perfected provide 556k meseta per account. Rare containers are one-time. Enemies drop like 15 meseta, equipment drops vendor for 50-65 meseta, UQs give 2k at best. We have no Bar Lodos, or daily orders period. Meseta generation is way more controlled now (and personal shop taxes drain more too). Will prices of the most desirable items stabilise at amounts that are difficult to reach with in-game generation alone? Probably. That's what it means for them to be desirable. But I think it's premature to worry that prices will hit post-Cradle silliness levels with how NGS is set up for now.

@Zenny said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: I'm sure after they jacked up the prices pearl items could be sold at they probably started earning more money. It's really in their best interest to raise them as high as possible so more sales are generated from whales.

Even after you've stated your grievances against how the system currently is, you also highlight how it could work IF there was more balance to the system, which is more or less the point I was attempting to make in the first place. We have taken different roads, but we both have come to a similar conclusion, so what are you arguing against?

Yeah, and in a couple of months we'll be back to paying at least 10 million for a single hairstyle and at least 5 million for a single piece of clothing. Frankly, i'm not looking forward to it. I was hoping for some changes to rules and some added limitations to personal shop, but nope. Now i can't even sell things there to make some meseta and i sure as hell won't buy premium to support the a-holes who pull this crap out of their backside.

Yea, that is big concern of mine as well. People will price the market based on how long the game has been out rather than how much one is capable of earning within NGS. There is also the fact that a majority of f2pers are locked out participating in the NGS market atm, so the ones that are capable of earning a little extra outside of what is currently available will end up having the advantage, and ultimately, dictating the prices that, while reasonable to them, are simply well, not for everyone else. And if SEGA is going to continue on with their habits from base and not find a way to keep scratches coming back at reasonable intervals to keep the prices stable...

I really am not feeling very optimistic at the current moment.

@Reiven I was against your initial opinion post on this thread. I only highlighted the BDO situation. I did however look through your others. I tend to skim through threads with multiple pages if I haven't been there from the start.

Main take away is that I do agree that re-introducing certain items would probably work out to be a lot better for the market prices. Anything that is a highly appealing item (such as female hairstyles) with low draw chances are always going to be highly priced. Unless they adjust % values for female stuff this will never change.

Sega knows their audience though.

@Miraglyth Like with all things, i guess we'll see since we can't do anything about it. But hey, at least i can take solace in the fact that male clothing has always been a lot cheaper than female clothing, so that'll never be as bad for me.

I imagine that will change after recycle badges get uses again.

It was recycle badges that ruined the price of everything last time, and I don’t think they’ll try a new approach this time. 😕

@Pariah-Chan

Recycle badges didn't ruin anything. Cradle did. Recycle badges were just extra spending money for those who played the market. I was always able to afford a handful of cosmetics out of each scratch in base PSO2 without playing the market or using recycle badges.

Cradle destroyed what was left of the market, but that badge campaign started it.

Sega had ran an Recycle Badge campaign that offered stuff like the elusive Sky Dancer’s Boon and other rare augment. Knowing this, people bought up all the cheap badges and items lower than badges IN MASS. 😧

Needless to say, everything jumped up from 600k base to 1.2mil in a week. 😕

7B41EC9C-ABD3-4B87-B35B-E85EF723093C.png

That is a pic of the JP market currently, see the issue we’re having currently? 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

That is a pic of the JP market currently, see the issue we’re having currently? 😕

wish gl had that issue... 99ffd7ef-f41b-4714-a918-ae9b0635c57d-image.png

black 1 sells that much. the base 1 is liek 200 and the other

the hair is minimum 1M. rest of the stuff is like 160k a pop.

More players in Japan. More premium subs. More spending money. Loyalty. And Americans are greedy!

@Pariah-Chan

I'm going to still have to disagree. Considering how easy it was to net money in base that price jump was basically nothing unless you were someone who signed in maybe once a week. I myself played 3 characters and never used my two non mains money on my main's money pool and I never struggled to buy things till after cradle.

@Hotaru251 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Pariah-Chan said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

wish gl had that issue... 99ffd7ef-f41b-4714-a918-ae9b0635c57d-image.png

black 1 sells that much. the base 1 is liek 200 and the other

the hair is minimum 1M. rest of the stuff is like 160k a pop.

Okay, week 3 of NGS and global economy is FUCKED.

GG.

@Riesz said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

I kinda wish they would have set a price cap somewhere around 100m. Because I don't see any reason any item should ever be worth more than that.

Try explaining that to the people actually paying cash for these items why their items should be capped at a completely arbitrary price and why they shouldn't just turn to the meseta farmers.