The AC item reselling in Market problem

@Mizalie Yes, I did invested into a bunch of recycle badges and thigh-high, so what? I hope to be able to sell it later to earn more than just 500k meseta from weeklies mission and buy some other fashions that I want. Have you ever heard of the stock-market exchange? Risk and rewards buddy.

@SnoWhite said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Mizalie Yes, I did invested into a bunch of recycle badges and thigh-high, so what? I hope to be able to sell it later to earn more than just 500k meseta from weeklies mission and buy some other fashions that I want. Have you ever heard of the stock-market exchange? Risk and rewards buddy.

Start coping.

@Reiven said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: You could potentially put a cap on the prices has someone suggested but then you take away a free market, which I don’t think is the best idea.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: ...ideally it’s hopefully it’s a perception we can one day change, which would not only benefit he economy ingame but also make things better in the real world. I think most people can agree on that a lot of issues in the world are caused by some sort of greed.

These statements sort of contradict each other in a way. You argue that taking away a "free market" is bad, but then also argue against greed, which tends to FLOURISH under the free market system to begin with. If the price for a hairstyle I want is 500 million meseta, and I have an item that once sold for 5 million, but now could potentially sell for 75 million, I am going to try and sell for the 75 million to get to the 500 million that little bit faster.

We end up becoming our own worst enemy because we ourselves keep driving the prices up for our old items because we want that certain outfit/hairstyle/emote/etc. It's why I feel like having a cap, with a decent enough fluctuation, would be the best way to protect ourselves from, well, ourselves in the long run.

I mean, I've been after the Sweet Simoon Innerwear for AGES. I came to the game after the initial Steam Release, so I missed out on its initial introduction. Sure, the prices are a little better now with the AC scratch out, but even still, it is a bit too high for me to afford currently.

Yeah it is a bit of a contradicting statement, in the world we live in today, it’s more a musing on wishing what we could get to one day. Having a free market where people are making money, but not trying to make all the money. But that’s not the world we live in and ha you pointed out many people are very opposed to the idea of a cap, so I don’t think that’s the solution. I still think the best way to manage it right now is for sega to try and keep mesta coming in and out of the game reasonable balanced, which will slow down inflation, and making sure no AC item becomes too rare. Scalpers can only corner the market if theirs the supply’s is smalll enough, but by regularly doing reruns of items, it will keep the supply high enough that they can’t do that.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: Scalpers can only corner the market if theirs the supply’s is smalll enough, but by regularly doing reruns of items, it will keep the supply high enough that they can’t do that.

I agree 100%. This right here would help a lot with the issues we are currently experiencing.

Yeah won’t work. Market will do what it does because people can’t stop making fashion the end game and see something and go ooo shiny how much?! I blame the people that keep paying the prices on stuff more than buying and selling high.

Not everyone needs to be 100% equal with 100% access to something everyone has. That’s no fun at all. It’s never been fun. I made a billion in profit before episode 5 making weapon, learning how to affix and selling good ones for twice the price.

You don’t always have to play the market. And as long as they reward people with a free item for 30 scratches they won’t mess with a cap on items. Even if they did, everything else would just sell for less.

Nothing changes no matter what you do. The more the market changes the value of meseta goes up or down. It wasn’t broke in PSO 2 and it’s not broke and won’t be broke here either.

@Herald-of-Zenchi wtf is this non sense? Lol. The entitlement mentality you have is truly despicable. Just wow. It's obvious youre a gaming leech and believe you should get stuff at the price you demand, with that price likely being "gibs me dat for free". Commies... lol. So sad.

The OP should probably tell yall what he's really upset about. It's the same thing I see everywhere, even in discord. This is just a cover up.

There's really no proof that the items being listed that high are being sold for that high let alone that someone RMT'ed for the money they or may not have. Limiting how much something could be traded not only makes it less of a market and more of "who has more money to burn." In other words If you make it so an item can only be traded once you're not going to remove the situation where people will sell an item for extreme amounts. Those with money to burn can just sell what they don't care for, buy up the corner of the items that are popular, and then list their own pull for a hyper inflated price because they've removed other options.

Inflation and scalping are both parts of economy that are natural in both IRL and other game markets. It's understandably frustrating that you might not have the time or game money to buy something because it went a bit out of your reach before you could afford it. However that's how things go. If you always want to ensure you can afford to buy something you like from a scratch you're going to have to learn how to play the market. I personally don't care to do so. So I just don't care about something I can't afford in game. Or I drop real money on the scratch if I care that much about it.

Sega has already introduced a minimum price to featured items which we can assume they will probably adjust as time goes on and meseta is more frequent. This prunes some of the issue you're having whilst still keeping it a basically free market. Not much else can be done other than trying to curb RMT and avoiding anything like cradle.

@Nhisso said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Herald-of-Zenchi wtf is this non sense? Lol. The entitlement mentality you have is truly despicable. Just wow. It's obvious youre a gaming leech and believe you should get stuff at the price you demand, with that price likely being "gibs me dat for free". Commies... lol. So sad.

Can't wait to see this kind of people bitching and crying when they have to pay 5billion for a NGS costume getting 50k a day from Alpha Reactors.

If you want it to be this way, alright, fuck everyone I'll just hold everything I whale for months after the scratch is over and if you ever want to get something, drop your whole wallet on it.

The meseta from weeklies and reactors are enough to gear up anyways.

I mean, in base pso2 you had inflation but at the same time with some way for everyone to access the market a player could just sell even his own stuff at inflationed prices and be part of the selling/buying game. At the moment given how closed marketplace is from f2p or not subscribers looks like there is a lot of fixing going on.

@Herald-of-Zenchi If Sega cared about inflation they wouldn't give you millions of meseta every week for doing 15 minutes of questing.

@IzzyData said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@Herald-of-Zenchi If Sega cared about inflation they wouldn't give you millions of meseta every weak for doing 15 minutes of questing.

This as well. Y’all can horde whatever you want. You’ll be out of money eventually. Have to be smart. Be patient. Learn what the weebs like. Don’t worry just wait for the NGS version of inflatable tits. Weebs and waifus all across the blocks love this shit. Be rich boo boo.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

What? I know heaps of players who buy AC items to resell later, and not a single one uses RMT. Theirs very likely hundreds if not thousands of players that do the same thing.

I don’t even know if the RMT bots would even be buying AC items to resell later has they are all about shifting mesta as fast as possible, and you generally need to hold on to AC items for months

Bruh, the market design itself is RMT since you have to pay 2 rent access to it. You're still converting RL cash to game currency.

Everyone selling items is RMTing. 🐶

@Wolfdoggie said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

What? I know heaps of players who buy AC items to resell later, and not a single one uses RMT. Theirs very likely hundreds if not thousands of players that do the same thing.

I don’t even know if the RMT bots would even be buying AC items to resell later has they are all about shifting mesta as fast as possible, and you generally need to hold on to AC items for months

Bruh, the market design itself is RMT since you have to pay 2 rent access to it. You're still converting RL cash to game currency.

Everyone selling items is RMTing. 🐶

Buying premium or anything in game is not RMT. RMT refers to buy or selling mesta or virtual products, through unauthorised 3rd party websites etc.

Gotta love when people change definitions of words and terms to fit their convoluted opinions. Next people will call premium P2W because of the triboost effect on food. Not because it actually gives them a tangible advantage over anyone, but because it speeds up the leveling process by a tiny amount to reach the same level cap.

On the topic of AC market trading, they shouldn't do anything about it and help us all if they ever actually put market caps on anything. Market minimums and our inability to trade is already moronic enough. The whales spend their hard earned cash on in game items let them sell them for what they want or give them away. It really is that simple. If for whatever reason you don't know why market caps are a bad thing in games (and real life) I'll just give you the obvious example - Rare commodities work to suppress inflation, not cause it. These commodities will basically be traded back and forth for ever increasing costs. If they didn't exist or were capped that money would instead be dumping it into literally anything else like materials/consumables/etc driving those prices up as well or sit entirely stagnant which is arguably worse because then it's just a ticking economic timebomb waiting to go off. Can't have inflation if everything sits at market cap amiright?