The AC item reselling in Market problem

As all may know and be already informed of, the totality of costumes are now consumable and bound on use tickets. This includes Cast Parts and Outerwears. Once you use one you can never sell it back, this may seem wrong but for one I welcome the change as my Character Storage has 300/300 slots of costumes I may never use again but can't trash to give an example.

Now that context is given for those who may have been unaware, lets jump to the issue.

AC items being bought from player market, and being held and resold at sky high prices after they're out of rotation. AC items being bought en-masse by RMT players and then selling much higher, as they're the only one who have them for sale after they emptied the whole stock.

This would be mostly easily fixed by adding an account-bind after purchasing from another player. If you truly wanted to use the item, it'd be locked anyways because they all become account bound in NGS. The only reason anyone would buy more than one for character or two for account wide unlock would be purely for reselling at higher prices.

If measures are not taken, inflation will be soon close to PSO2 numbers by these practices and we can but foresee how newcomers would leave the so called "ultimate character creation" game when they have to grind months for a single costume piece.

Prevent reselling of AC Scratch items bought from market.

What? I know heaps of players who buy AC items to resell later, and not a single one uses RMT. Theirs very likely hundreds if not thousands of players that do the same thing.

I don’t even know if the RMT bots would even be buying AC items to resell later has they are all about shifting mesta as fast as possible, and you generally need to hold on to AC items for months

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

What? I know heaps of players who buy AC items to resell later, and not a single one uses RMT. Theirs very likely hundreds if not thousands of players that do the same thing.

I don’t even know if the RMT bots would even be buying AC items to resell later has they are all about shifting mesta as fast as possible, and you generally need to hold on to AC items for months

There are people holding individually over 100million meseta in items already in their shops. Please explain how they got 100million in a week old game without buying from RMT bots.

Regardless, reselling is a shitty act which causes long term no turn back issues with the whole market.

Would be nice if I had the option to account bound all my old outer, CAST and costume wear. That would clear up large amounts of my storage. Also, I agree. Trades should be one offs, to end reselling of sold items. It's a bs thing that shouldn't be in this game. It's like scalpers buying consoles companies sell at their rates, and then said scalpers raising the price by hundreds of dollars, to then make a profit. It's scummy.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

There are people holding individually over 100million meseta in items already in their shops. Please explain how they got 100million in a week old game without buying from RMT bots.

Regardless, reselling is a shitty act which causes long term no turn back issues with the whole market.

Just because they got items listed for that amount, doesn’t mean they spent anywhere near that in mesta, or that people are even buying them at those prices. Atm featured AC items are selling for 500k each, so any AC items they have listed higher than that is way overpriced. If you’re talking about normal items has well like weapons with valuable fixa skills, they could have farmed them, or kept an eye on the market and brought cheap ones when they came up and relisted them for the price they want, but again just because they’re are listed for those prices doesn’t mean people are buying them at those prices, and while they may have ‘100 million’ in items in their shop doesn’t mean they spent anywhere near that to get them, or that the value of these items are worth anywhere near that much.

Limiting re-selling of AC items would in all likely not do much to stop the prices of popular AC items going up. One of the reasons people buy these items is to sell them, and one of the main reasons people buy them is to re-sell them later. If people can’t do that, then they’re will be less people buying the items from other players, which will in turn mean less people will buy the items from AC scratch because less people will be able to sell them, and the supply and demand will settle to a new normal. But here’s the thing the stock on these items will eventually run low and theirs nothing to stop the people who originally brought the items holding onto them for months to sell for the exact same high prices, and their will be people that do that, so you’ll still basically end up in the same situation, the only difference being that overall less people buying AC scratch and sega making less money in the process, and the only people who would be able to make mesta of these items would be the original buyers.

Theirs better ways to manage inflation in the game, like balancing the mesta being created ingame, to the mesta sinks taking mesta out of the game, has how much items go for in game is directly tied to how much mesta is in the game. And regularly bringing back popular AC scratch items on a regular basis so they don’t become too rare.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

Would be nice if I had the option to account bound all my old outer, CAST and costume wear. That would clear up large amounts of my storage. Also, I agree. Trades should be one offs, to end reselling of sold items. It's a bs thing that shouldn't be in this game. It's like scalpers buying consoles companies sell at their rates, and then said scalpers raising the price by hundreds of dollars, to then make a profit. It's scummy.

Theirs a big difference between people that buy AC items to resell later and scalpers. The first group is people investing their mesta and then waiting for the prices to reach a certain amount that they are happy to sell for, and that is just good business sense. The second group i.e the scalpers are the one you want to watch out for, they’re the ones that won’t just buy some here and there, but are the ones that try to corner the market for the sole purpose of jacking the prices up has much has possible.

Theirs a big difference between people that buy AC items to resell later and scalpers. The first group is people investing their mesta and then waiting for the prices to reach a certain amount that they are happy to sell for, and that is just good business sense. The second group i.e the scalpers are the one you want to watch out for, they’re the ones that won’t just buy some here and there, but are the ones that try to corner the market for the sole purpose of jacking the prices up has much has possible.

Which is why items should only be tradeable once, and only once. All of last year, a bit more than half who bought items from me, re-sold my items, along with hundreds of Items I'm assuming they bought from other sellers, to drive up market prices due to player greed. Them driving up prices, caused others to raise their prices, and those that cornered the market in the first place, likely cornered the market, to buy some expensive emotes, or outfit item, that someone else drove the price up on. I saw that constantly all last year. Half of my items sold to their intended target buyer, people that actually wanted the item. I sell at reasonable prices always, and scalpers take advantage of people like me, not realizing that if they stopped being greedy, those large prices would have to come down as well, as to make sales. Player greed runs the shops these days, and you'd have had to not be watching the markets closely, to not notice.

Yes, items should be able to be sold once and only once to avoid people scalping.

There is already a bare minimum you're allowed to sell items for in the market, I say go all out like BDO does and put a cap on how much items can be sold for as well. It not only keeps the market stable, it also doesn't punish players arriving to the game later and having to deal with player inflation, giving them ample capability to purchase what they want in the market. Also as an added bonus, it tends to severely cripple the RMT botters and their market since prices stay well within reasonable levels that the time/effort vs reward is not really worth it to them.

Though, I personally would like to see instead of items only being sold once on the market, that items do have a high end cap they can be sold for and every time a "used" item gets placed back on the market, the cap lowers. Kind of like having a hand me down continuously lose value the more it gets passed on to other people.

However, this opinion of mine tends to be EXTREMELY unpopular so I very much highly doubt that it will ever come to pass, though it would be honestly be beneficial to both veteran and newer players alike.

Not to mention that those crazy high prices also tends to push people toward trying to loot box scratch their way to their respective desirable costume, which in the end benefits SEGA.

Which is why items should only be tradeable once, and only once. All of last year, a bit more than half who bought items from me, re-sold my items, along with hundreds of Items I'm assuming they bought from other sellers, to drive up market prices due to player greed. Them driving up prices, caused others to raise their prices, and those that cornered the market in the first place, likely cornered the market, to buy some expensive emotes, or outfit item, that someone else drove the price up on. I saw that constantly all last year. Half of my items sold to their intended target buyer, people that actually wanted the item. I sell at reasonable prices always, and scalpers take advantage of people like me, not realizing that if they stopped being greedy, those large prices would have to come down as well, as to make sales. Player greed runs the shops these days, and you'd have had to not be watching the markets closely, to not notice.

Theirs no denying that player greed is an issue, but for the reasons I listed above limiting the sale of AC items in my opinion would have little effect on the prices of high AC items. You could potentially put a cap on the prices has someone suggested but then you take away a free market, which I don’t think is the best idea.

The issue ultimately lies with the mindset of certain players, not with the sale of AC items, and ideally it’s hopefully it’s a perception we can one day change, which would not only benefit he economy ingame but also make things better in the real world. I think most people can agree on that a lot of issues in the world are caused by some sort of greed.

Don’t care

sorry i cant hear you over my 367 recycle badges

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: You could potentially put a cap on the prices has someone suggested but then you take away a free market, which I don’t think is the best idea.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The AC item reselling in Market problem: ...ideally it’s hopefully it’s a perception we can one day change, which would not only benefit he economy ingame but also make things better in the real world. I think most people can agree on that a lot of issues in the world are caused by some sort of greed.

These statements sort of contradict each other in a way. You argue that taking away a "free market" is bad, but then also argue against greed, which tends to FLOURISH under the free market system to begin with. If the price for a hairstyle I want is 500 million meseta, and I have an item that once sold for 5 million, but now could potentially sell for 75 million, I am going to try and sell for the 75 million to get to the 500 million that little bit faster.

We end up becoming our own worst enemy because we ourselves keep driving the prices up for our old items because we want that certain outfit/hairstyle/emote/etc. It's why I feel like having a cap, with a decent enough fluctuation, would be the best way to protect ourselves from, well, ourselves in the long run.

I mean, I've been after the Sweet Simoon Innerwear for AGES. I came to the game after the initial Steam Release, so I missed out on its initial introduction. Sure, the prices are a little better now with the AC scratch out, but even still, it is a bit too high for me to afford currently.

Your very suggestion is the same as "the more real world currency you pay, the richer you are in game". Why? Because the people who scratch AC can list their items on market to sell and earn meseta/neseta, whereas f2p people will struggle to buy anything on the market. Without the ability to relist items on sale, f2p can't earn more than what the game is offering right now and weekly they only earn less than 500k. The people who spend to scratch hence become rich and then richer and then even richer.

and yes, even if f2p buy something on market they can't be resell anyway, but I'm speaking as someone who have shop passes from FUN scratch before they went away. BUT that does not dismiss anything I said above.

The whole market system that we have in PSO2 was FINE, inflation is NORMAL (even our real world have inflation). People risk investment into a fashions and hoping to sell later to earn to buy other fashions, this keep the cycle going and is beneficial. With that being said, shop passes need to come back inorder to make the market thrive.

and yes, before you complain about market scalper. SO WHAT?? it's fine, it's part of the free-market. Scalping is normal, it's fine for people to take advantage of lack of supply to earn money. Once supply catches up to demand, the market stabilize itself. People who knows how to use their brain should be rewarded for doing so.

TL;DR: your suggestion is dumb and only benefit the people who have bottomless credit card. Please take economic class before complaining about a video game's economic.

@SnoWhite said in The AC item reselling in Market problem:

and yes, before you complain about market scalper. SO WHAT?? it's fine, it's part of the free-market. Scalping is normal, it's fine for people to take advantage of lack of supply to earn money. Once supply catches up to demand, the market stabilize itself. People who knows how to use their brain should be rewarded for doing so.

Spoken like a man who spent all his meseta early on badges and thigh highs, and can't cope with the potential of being stuck with it.