Fur Rendering - Character only option

I noticed enabling Fur Rendering gives a small performance hit with my current PC build, usually only in areas with a lot of enemies using Fur Rendering. When Fur Rendering is off, the new NGS hair styles look very grainy.

It is the only thing that bothers me about new NGS cosmetic features though, and I am sure there are some others with the same issue.

Unsure how much effort this would be to implement, possibly more hassle than it's worth. My thought is that the Fur Rendering flag is an option on all visible objects, but it could be something more hardwired to certain objects I guess.

My GPU is an old one also, is an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti.

@favouriteSoup said in Fur Rendering - Character only option:

I noticed enabling Fur Rendering gives a small performance hit with my current PC build, usually only in areas with a lot of enemies using Fur Rendering. When Fur Rendering is off, the new NGS hair styles look very grainy.

It is the only thing that bothers me about new NGS cosmetic features though, and I am sure there are some others with the same issue.

Unsure how much effort this would be to implement, possibly more hassle than it's worth. My thought is that the Fur Rendering flag is an option on all visible objects, but it could be something more hardwired to certain objects I guess.

My GPU is an old one also, is an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti.

I feel like they coded it this way for convenience, and optimization. That said, a different setting for hair might be a good idea. Although for you personally, may I suggest, in the meantime, finding other settings you feel you could do without. I disabled a lot of what I felt were unnecessary distance settings, and only kept what was necessary for the game to look decent, and while it's capable of running well enough on maxed graphics settings, my old 2015 Xbox console, likes medium graphics overall. So I only run the higher end settings when taking screenshots, and drop it back down when I'm adventuring. Overall the goal is to lower the processing load, and while keeping fur active, and keeping the game looking good enough to enjoy. Just my recommendation.

@Anarchy-Marine Yeah, it is possibly programmed this way since it's unexpected for someone with a less powerful PC to have the feature activated, even though it probably would run fine on a single model such as your character. Actually a lot of enemies have fur rendering, I'm unsure if some foliage does as well. The new hairstyles just look pretty awkward without it on in my opinion, so the option would be nice.

I do mess with the graphics options frequently to test different setups, still trying to figure out the sweet-spot for graphics settings, although I have mostly everything off and turned down, the game does still look great in low settings and generally runs well on my end anyway. Thanks for the advice regardless.