Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta

The Bots are out of control not only are they spamming in chat, now they are spamming Symbol art to bypass your chat filters. we report and block and another one comes back asap. It doesn't take much to get them banned. I understand that you're looking for the bankers and the players who are selling to them (we all know the high-end players are selling to the Mesta to the RMT's so start looking into that first) I come to play your game you made not to have an outside company advertise the sale of your in-game currency every 2-3 mins. using chat and symbol arts with there website on the symbol arts, that is how brazen they are getting, and ship 4's economy is ruined already and the only way anyone can buy anything on the markets that are worth anything is having to go to the RMT's to buy the meseta then use it to buy the items we need from those players who then sell the meseta back to the RMT's for cash...Sega you need to do something about this asap. Just saying we are working on it, is not going to cut it anymore. Take legal action because the RMT's are not taking the hint they are not welcome. If You(Sega) value this game's community as much as you say you do, then you need to address the problem and stop saying "we are working on it" when the players do not see anything happening! When people say "nothing can be done" BS something can be done it is called block and report, but most of you don't do this saying "it makes no difference more bots will replace them" not if you do something about it...I at least will block and report bots and if I find out if someone is selling meseta to the RMT's I will report them.

I've said this alot, but real live identification needs to be a thing for games. Especially f2p games suffer from this as you can easily remake accounts, unless you have some hardware ID bans (which also can be bypassed). Unless your ID is stolen, legal action can be taken to scare away this kind of behavior.

According to the white knights on here, the long forced tutorial was supposed to be a solution for this. I guess it didn't take long for the massive horde to break through it. 😅

the RMTs are controlling the bot(s) till they are free from the tutorial section is finished. Also, it's not a white knight thing it is a gamer thing and players are tired of it. Sega needs to send out a C&D to these companies.

@shadonic-0 and I think it is time Sega needs to do this or the community can file a class-action lawsuit against the biggest offender and Sega for allowing this to continue.

So... um, hmm. Most RMT are outside and unaffected by international trade laws, making it difficult to completely get rid of. But, as I say to those who wish to file class action lawsuits and claim illegal handling and manipulations during schedule and emergency maintenance. Best of luck in your adventures, be sure to keep everything posted from the audio with lawers all the way to the court date with requests to have it streamed.

@Viola-Lance and if they offer a service in another country they do fall under that country's laws and regulations so being in another country doesn't protect them.

@Oldwargoat39 gl suing China for anything

@Oldwargoat39 said in Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta:

@Viola-Lance and if they offer a service in another country they do fall under that country's laws and regulations so being in another country doesn't protect them.

So, please describe in detail how to use these trade laws to combat RMTs in places like China and Russia, Ukraine, etc... while holding the parent company of product, Sega of Japan liable for the actions of RMTers.

Information discovered and discussed could progress the battle against them greatly.

@Viola-Lance sounds like your defending them????

@Oldwargoat39 said in Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta:

@Viola-Lance sounds like your defending them????

Nice deflection. It's cool to say "Dunno how to respond, I am just emotional over the situation and knee jerked" But, this comment works too for the inexperienced. Clearly this is your first rodeo. We all been there, over time you'll see.

Oddly enough I went ahead and Followed the websites store-front and then did a little research as to who is doing the webhosting. There were a few that were hosted here in the United States, Such as - Godaddy and even Hostgator. For the most part I think we can send massive complaint to the web-host to shut them down as it is a Breach of the Host's TOS. As for the others, I think we are out of luck, Unless there is some sort of IP pan from those specifics areas, There is nothing that can be done for those that are abroad.

The MOST effective way that this can be remedied, Is to have ACTVIE action working furiously and watching accounts that DO get temtpted to buy this so called "MESETA" and even 'N-MESETA". Players must be made known that there is a strict policy to whom ever does such a thing, will be 'PERMANTLY BANNED" , This may be the only way to get rid of all this RMT, seeing as no-one is interested, No one is buying, Eventually they just go away on their own.

The problem also exists in that when one RMT site is gone, another is put in its place, Even if it is some whacky Fruity name.

@Sakesubaki said in Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta:

Oddly enough I went ahead and Followed the websites store-front and then did a little research as to who is doing the webhosting. There were a few that were hosted here in the United States, Such as - Godaddy and even Hostgator. For the most part I think we can send massive complaint to the web-host to shut them down as it is a Breach of the Host's TOS. As for the others, I think we are out of luck, Unless there is some sort of IP pan from those specifics areas, There is nothing that can be done for those that are abroad.

If it is a web hosting like godaddy, yes reaching out to Godaddy will often result in them shutting those sites down state side for a bit. They will find another sadly. They due take those claims seriously if the streams from Bethesda and Blizzard in the past are accurate about it, but still be very cautious about those sites, don't want to accidentally click on one due to the phishing and maelware littered about.

@Viola-Lance said in Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta:

@Sakesubaki said in Please so something about the bots that advertise the sale of Meseta:

If it is a web hosting like godaddy, yes reaching out to Godaddy will often result in them shutting those sites down state side for a bit. They will find another sadly. They due take those claims seriously if the streams from Bethesda and Blizzard in the past are accurate about it, but still be very cautious about those sites, don't want to accidentally click on one due to the phishing and maelware littered about.

I agree, But you can by-pass that problem Simply by going to a Host Identifier site and entering the sites name. Then you would be safe of trying to steer of all the potential hazards.

Awhile back there was a thread when they started popping up in PSO2 global. A lot of players just wanted China IP banned because we all know most meseta sellers come from there.

Pretty much Microsoft(not sega) said no and the thread was locked. It's something global has to deal with due to Microsoft having a hand in globals release.