There are some stupid Rangers in NGS

While doing ym NGS dalies I noticed a lot of green crates and minerals had the Blight Rounds mark on them (red target ring), and other people in my alliance noticed the same thing.

06867d60-ae5b-4c78-9b5b-cc65c14a17c7-image.png

I wonder if anyone else has seen this yet, and wonder why someone would use that skill on those things?

why someone would use that skill on those things?

Because they know that it marks it for other people. Marked green crates are probably just trolling though.

They're marking them so other people can get the resources. Odd thing to complain about.

I'm not complaining, I just found it it weird seeing all the Blight Rounds markers on the minerals and green crates.

The minerals might make sense, but marking the green crates when those things have a random respawn location and only have common items in them, there is not much of a need for that.

That's not stupid. That's a nice gesture for all the others

3gpgqa.png Apologize to all rangers right now 😧

@LazerRay said in There are some stupid Rangers in NGS:

I'm not complaining

When you are calling them stupid, you are complaining and insulting

I saw a marked red box once. That should be used by every ranger(although since i already have most of those i can't really tell if it already is used).

@LusterMain said in There are some stupid Rangers in NGS:

Because they know that it marks it for other people. Marked green crates are probably just trolling though.

I had no idea you could do this. I'll keep that in mind in the future when I'm resource grinding on my Ranger. Gift it forward, and all that.

@Blade-Syphon said in There are some stupid Rangers in NGS:

@LusterMain said in There are some stupid Rangers in NGS:

I had no idea you could do this. I'll keep that in mind in the future when I'm resource grinding on my Ranger. Gift it forward, and all that.

Unfortunately, there are just as many trolls as there are good Samaritans who mark things. When I level up my Ranger for a few hours as a secondary sub, I'll destroy any and all marked green boxes and mark other mineral nodes that appear missed or seem to have randomly spawned as well will tag a mark on red boxes if seen.

Mark everything. You guys act like grinders are a bad thing.

@Furious-0 said in There are some stupid Rangers in NGS:

Mark everything. You guys act like grinders are a bad thing.

If you need to have green boxes marked to help in finding them with their tiny respawn time an littered among every inch of the game versus minerals with nearly 48hr respawn times absurd spawn spots. I honestly dunno what to say to you.

@Viola-Lance

I hold the door open for people. I don't have to, it's just a nice thing to do.

@Viola-Lance Finally, another person who gets what I'm saying, marking the minerals is perfectly fine, but marking the green crates is just dumb due to their super fast respawn and totally randomized locations, on top of extremely common loot.

For those that have played any kind of action oriented game would know to break any container they can (when that is a mechanic), after years of gaming this becomes second nature to "See container, smash container", just look at memes about a certain kid in green tights who is banned from pottery barn.

While I do exp grinding or fodder farming in the lab ruins I pass by the same location multiple times while chasing mob groups and along the way I break any crate along my path, only to have the green ones (and occasionally gold) repawn in the area again after only a few minutes.

@LazerRay So..... how does that make them stupid rangers? That should be considered helping you find your materials faster