Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.

I am not making any assumptions of what SEGA is trying to mean when they said PSO2 equipment will be equivalent to NGS counterparts as they never specified it in detail.

I can only tell from my personal experience that my old PSO2 gear has reasonable performance compared to my low effort NGS gear that I had. Never did SEGA or I claim PSO2 gear are stronger. Weapon I have already mentioned earlier post, for units - when comparing the free Qual de Armor xxxx to my Klauz, it was obvious to me I was trading defense for offensive + HP/PP. Am I comparing fully decked out PSO2 gear with minimal effort NGS gear with minimal potential and affixes? - yes I am. But that is acceptable to me but obviously not to you.

We can only agree to disagree at this point. There's alot of problems and issues with NGS, but I find issue/complaint to be a non-issue at least for me.

All this "they never specified in detail" seems to be used to defend their lies, in my eyes. There are ways of obtaining the cold hard facts, primary one is by playing the game. Its really hard to miss these details.

So? What are you going to do about it then other than continuously trying to deny others' game experience.

Im going on about facts of information given. You bunch are continuously trying to derail with talk of "usefulness" which isnt the issue. Quite frankly your experiance doesnt matter. Your experience is in fact a lie, that you'll continue to live in cuz you personally dont wont to spend meseta. Thats on you, but thats not what this is about.

I'm asking what are you trying to achieve here.

What do you want SEGA to do.

Thats already been said.

They aren't going to change the way PSO2 gear works, and releasing info ahead of time usually will come with disclaimer that it can change - normal practice.

So at this point it is just correcting the info on an old additional info page that no one will see? Will that make you happy?

EDIT: flipping back through the pages, all I mostly see is just SEGA lied SEGA lied SEGA lied, then even the accusation that the subject to change without prior notice was added in later - which was there already when released in January. So at this point it is really just editing and adding the details to that page to make it more accurate.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.: They really shouldn't have allowed any transfer equipment at all. Play a new game as its meant to be played.

TBH I don't disagree with this. I think a lot of the road bumps we currently have in ngs could have been avoided if they just divorced NGS from pso2 and called it pso3. But thats a topic for another day.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

Actually, it wasn't a lie. There was a small, fine print disclaimer, that stated all of that was subject to change. Nobody ever pays any attention to those details, because people love to skim read, and not pay attention to every detail. It's plain laziness, and it's why companies can get you to sign away your rights with user agreements so easily.

@Pariah-Chan said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

If anyone doesn’t have the original post that showed wat is was, sadly not much can be done. 😕

I actually did post a ss in the OP. Originally they just said that the items would be raised to +40 without specifying anything else. The reason subject to change doesn't really apply is because they made the change without updating us about it. Just to clarify; The current information on the page was not put there until 1 week after NGS' official launch, and the information on the page, which was put in after launch is nonsense.

@HarmlessSyan said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

I am not making any assumptions of what SEGA is trying to mean when they said PSO2 equipment will be equivalent to NGS counterparts as they never specified it in detail.

The thing is, we don't have to make assumptions, what sega posted is very clear. Capture.PNG unknown.png

Before this, sega announced that 15* weapons would be 4* in NGS, and 13* units would be 3* in ngs. There was never any mention of augments in either that announcement, nor in the conversion page. It's clear that they originally intended to make 13* units perform the same as 3* ngs units, and 15* weapons the same as 4* weapons.

And yes, the lie is the whole point, I've mentioned several times throughout the topic that I don't care about the final product. Sega should not lie to us, they should not continue to lie to us, we should not be damage controlling their lies by changing the subject (tbh idk how intentional the subject changing is, I just know it's happened a lot on this topic). My beef is simply that they lied about something they were proposing in order to respect the player's time in pso2 base, not the end result, and I straight up want them to fix the information, and acknowledge the lie. As it stands they have not even tried to claim any kind of mistranslation or incorrect information relating to the lie they currently have written in the article.