Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.

Fairy Tail & Neptunia collab when? And lmao at the random and innocent alarmclock.

I'm still making my pso2 god units anyways. I have 2 out of 3 completed with funds from organizing cradle runs. Drop rate of units with Veteran's Resolve is terrible outside of PSO2 day and wasn't able to complete them on the last one. Can't believe so many people finished them months ago.

Provided texually in the OP, but heres the edited info SS.

unknown_2021.07.07-02.01.png

The performance part is totally wrong, one could call it a lie. Either that or these devs dont have a clue what they've done. A +35 PSO2 weapon is weaker than a NGS +35 weapon, even weaker than an NGS +7 or so weapon, due to the base attack power nerf they gave them.

A +10 NGS unit is as strong, defense wise, depending on the unit in question. They actually made the base defense of a 4* PSO2 unit stronger than the base defense of a 4* NGS unit, but NGS unit actually get to +40. NGS unit by lvl 15 of any one will have more defense than a +40 PSO2 Unit.

The only thing the PSO2 units have on NGS units is more augments at lower enhancement levels. But, they cannot say their performance is "equivalent" to +40 NGS gear. Thats simply not true. The Legaro augments also have less BP than even beginner NGS augments. They are good until you get drops and upgrade them. 6/16 is way too late to have divulged this info. The aftermath of the misinformation was already in effect before NGS even launched. And they think they are slick putting the UPDATED time after the first bullet point, making it look like the first bullet point was original info xD

@AngryRhombus563 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

Provided texually in the OP, but heres the edited info SS.

unknown_2021.07.07-02.01.png

The performance part is totally wrong, one could call it a lie. Either that or these devs dont have a clue what they've done. A +35 PSO2 weapon is weaker than a NGS +35 weapon, even weaker than an NGS +7 or so weapon, due to the base attack power nerf they gave them.

A +10 NGS unit is as strong, defense wise, depending on the unit in question. They actually made the base defense of a 4* PSO2 unit stronger than the base defense of a 4* NGS unit, but NGS unit actually get to +40. NGS unit by lvl 15 of any one will have more defense than a +40 PSO2 Unit.

The only thing the PSO2 units have on NGS units is more augments at lower enhancement levels. But, they cannot say their performance is "equivalent" to +40 NGS gear. Thats simply not true. The Legaro augments also have less BP than even beginner NGS augments. They are good until you get drops and upgrade them. 6/16 is way too late to have divulged this info. The aftermath of the misinformation was already in effect before NGS even launched. And they think they are slick putting the UPDATED time after the first bullet point, making it look like the first bullet point was original info xD

You’re working off 4* weapons and units, which the post doesn’t specify, just NGS weapons and units, so even if PSO2 weapons are has strong has the 1* NGS weapons at +40 then that post would still be correct, though they could definitely make it clearer what they are referring too.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It applies to all rarities. A 1* PSO2 the same amount weaker than a 1* NGS as a 4* PSO2 weapon is to a 4* NGS weapon. That post is totally incorrect. That would also be a sad thing to expect someone to assume that they would say "Oh, we meant that 4* +35 PSO2 Weapon is similar in performance to a 1* +40 NGS weapon". That would only add to the foulness of misinformation.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It applies to all rarities. A 1* PSO2 the same amount weaker than a 1* NGS as a 4* PSO2 weapon is to a 4* NGS weapon. That post is totally incorrect. That would also be a sad thing to expect someone to assume that they would say "Oh, we meant that 4* +35 PSO2 Weapon is similar in performance to a 1* +40 NGS weapon". That would only add to the foulness of misinformation.

I’m not denying the post could be clearer, but you are assuming information that’s not in the post. No where does it say anything about which star rarity they are referring too. Plus in NGS enhancement level and potential are done separately, on weapons anyway, plus you have Fixa abilities that are an additional ability, so it’s possible they are referring to only the enhancement level when they are making that statement.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 You really want to believe they mean 4* pso2 vs 1* NGS? You go right ahead..

@TEN-SQUARE-3 You really want to believe they mean 4* pso2 vs 1* NGS? You go right ahead..

That was just an example I gave at the extreme end, I don’t know the stats off by heart but wouldn’t a 4* NGS weapons with a +40 enhancement with no Fixa and no potential, be weaker or equivalent to a 4* PSO2 imported weapon?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 No, a 4* +40 NGS weapon is definitely stronger than 4* +35 PSO2 weapon, by WAY more than the 5 attack that last +5 would have gotten it. PSO2 weapon attack power is over 30 less than NGS weapons.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 No, a 4* +40 NGS weapon is definitely stronger than 4* +35 PSO2 weapon, by WAY more than the 5 attack that last +5 would have gotten it. PSO2 weapon attack power is over 30 less than NGS weapons.

Yeah but the PSO2 weapons have the potential already backed into them, where has the NGS weapons the potential is handled separately to the enhancement level, and that post only refers to the enhancement level. So when you take that into account wouldn’t the NGS weapon be weaker or equivalent to the PSO2 weapon?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 But units don't have potentials, and they included units in that too.

"+10 PSO2 unit equivilant to +40 NGS unit" Is utterly false and whoever wrote that needs to be banished from the land.

I'm going to say its not accounting the potential.

Until an NGS weapon is fully ground, affixed and at least potential Lvl 3 it will provide less BP than a +35 15* with 6 affixes. This is part of my point from before, OG gear lets you skip the grind/affix/potential work for 1or 2* NGS gear and save the effort for 4*gear. Legacy gear gives an advantage, whether it is weaker than expected or not. OG god gear meant that you could start farming 4 star gear sooner and save Meseta/mats/caps for that gear.

My Novel Rod+35 (Rising weapon Badge 5 cuz I didn't play long enough to do end game pso2 gear.) Has 223 base attack. If I'm not mistaken, that's 3 star base stats. even with the 10% or so increase I get from the legacy augments and the potential boost from being potential 3.(ended up not even using this rod) That makes it just slightly better than 3 star gear base.(i'm sure the end game gear is arguably better). and putting it closer to base 4 star stars. (NGS 4 stars start around 240ish base attack) So once said NGS 4 star is +40, affixed, and potential'd. In terms of raw numbers, they are 280ish base attack with the around 8% you can get with affixes, and no less than 21% potency boost from lvl 3 potential. Effectively, Anyone who had a pso2 base weapon grinded for ngs 1, 2 and 3, star rarity. And At least 2 star units at +10 effectively skipped 1-3 star gear in NGS with little to no repercussions. This saves you time and money to prepare a ngs 4 star with relative ease.

Right now, I think we deal so little damage and have so little base attack as it is that arguing which is better is kinda silly. My personal opinion is that right now people should aim for survivability. If you are dead, you are not contributing. And even if the revival system is much faster than it was and it's only a minor inconvenience, it is still down time. and could literally cost a group their gigantix kill right now. Though admittedly, if a single death was the determining factor, i'm sure there are bigger issues present. But more often than not, it isn't a single death in those fights.

Edit: Rising weapon badge 5

People giving base attack too much credit. While it is true once you fully decked out a NGS weapon it's going to be better than a Klauz, but my free transferred Klauz Sword+35 hits about 10% harder than a +31 Resurgir Sword when Klauz has significantly less base attack. I admit the Resurgir sword only has lv1 potential and few crappy affixes at the time, but if we are just talking about base attack stats - it was alot higher than the Klauz. (I'm using +31 Resurgir Sword as an example because that was when I hit 15 and could use my Klauz)

And Klauz units are just 3 stars in NGS right? While the defense on OG PSO2 untis are garbage, the offensive capability is pretty significant as well as the HP/PP from 8 affixes. While being 3 star, it's offensive capability is still comparable to the 4 star units if you had them affixed well.

Most importantly, these are free transfers from PSO2, as in you don't need to spend the limited amount of N-meseta you have starting over in NGS. Their performance is acceptable as it gives you 1300+ BP allowing you do all the current high end content.

All the bad head maths doesnt make the information they fed us correct. Transferred NGS gear, Not assumed fully packed with all the god goodies just for ones convenience in argument, upgraded to +10/+35 is not on equal level of performance to NGS +40. Even of thats 3* klauz vs 3* Thesius. The fact that klauz isnt even 3* makes it an easy ditch once you have a 4* at just +20. Not hard to reach.

And if you want to assume fully packed with goodies, then you need to assume they mean the +40 NGS weapons also has its potential to level 3 and has 4 augments. Now you have an +40 NGS gear that is leaps and bounds better than a Klauz gear.

Theyre good until you get NGS gear upgraded, thats a fact. But they aren't stronger equivalent or "stronger" than +40 NGS gear, period. They dont even give you the BP to suggest they are, and whether or not they do, whether or not they're useful to any capacity, STILL isnt t he issue here. They lied twice with this, didnt update the info needed to be known until it was way too late to let it be known, and updated with info that is NOT true.

I am not making any assumptions of what SEGA is trying to mean when they said PSO2 equipment will be equivalent to NGS counterparts as they never specified it in detail.

I can only tell from my personal experience that my old PSO2 gear has reasonable performance compared to my low effort NGS gear that I had. Never did SEGA or I claim PSO2 gear are stronger. Weapon I have already mentioned earlier post, for units - when comparing the free Qual de Armor xxxx to my Klauz, it was obvious to me I was trading defense for offensive + HP/PP. Am I comparing fully decked out PSO2 gear with minimal effort NGS gear with minimal potential and affixes? - yes I am. But that is acceptable to me but obviously not to you.

We can only agree to disagree at this point. There's alot of problems and issues with NGS, but I find issue/complaint to be a non-issue at least for me.