Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.

So this may be a bit of a controversial topic. And in the grand scheme of things it may not be necessary, but it kind of annoys me how they lied to our faces twice and it's not really being talked about.

I'm talking about this https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsadditionalinfop2

This is what it said originally. unknown.png

This along with information given to us by closed beta players regarding upgrade costs, resource costs, and resource scarcity was the reason why me and many other players bothered to dabble in the atrocious base pso2 affixing process to make the best possible gear to start NGS with.

I thought that items being stuck at 35 and 10 respectively was a bug that they were going to iron out at some point, but turns out it was just a lie and they edited the information a whole week after release.

But aside from that, they lied again by stating that weapons at +35 and units at +10 will have equivalent performance to their +40 NGS counterparts. A 4* in ngs grinded to +2 has more attack power than a legacy 15* at +35 while also being equipable earlier, legacy armor is in a similar position where they only give 28 def.

Just to clarify so I don't come across as disingenuous: I know that in terms of power, base pso2 units provide better offense due to the nature of affixing, and I understand that it's very difficult for a ngs weapon to surpass a well affixed legacy weapon. What I take issue with is that they lied about what we were getting, we got worse than what we were told, and even after they backpedaled and changed the information a week after release, we still got worse than what they describe. Anyone with the ability to see can tell that augments aside legacy gear is inferior to equivalent NGS gear.

@Flowen231 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

This along with information given to us by closed beta players

And there's your problem.

They were just constantly changing their mind as nothing was really final, in the first JP CBT PSO2 affixes that gave HP gave a massive amount (x10 of now I think? Not sure, it was big though) got nerfed. I'd say while they were not exactly trueful of what to expect in the end I do think PSO2 gear is in a good place of allowing you to not even have to worry about NGS gear for now unless you want to minmax or try out multi weapons, if they were stronger than they currently were I think that would be seen as a problem for many new players.

That +2 NGS 4* will still give less BP score, NGS gear won't beat out OG gear until it is ground and affixed.

@Kofi9867 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

@Flowen231 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

This along with information given to us by closed beta players

And there's your problem.

The information they gave us was not changed, nor incorrect.

@Vashzaron said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

They were just constantly changing their mind as nothing was really final, in the first JP CBT PSO2 affixes that gave HP gave a massive amount (x10 of now I think? Not sure, it was big though) got nerfed. I'd say while they were not exactly trueful of what to expect in the end I do think PSO2 gear is in a good place of allowing you to not even have to worry about NGS gear for now unless you want to minmax or try out multi weapons, if they were stronger than they currently were I think that would be seen as a problem for many new players.

You're not wrong, but ultimately the new players would have been fine for the exact reason that pso2 legacy gear is fine as it is now; As soon as we get new stuff it won't be relevant anymore. The way we're progressing I don't see legacy gear being used in the upcoming lv 35 meta aside from maybe units as a glass cannon alternative if there isn't some way of getting more power into NGS gear.

But I don't disagree about the gear's current position, it's absolutely great and more or less served its purpose. It's the "you get X for transferring Y but end up with Z" thing, and the only explanation we got was an edit in a half year old article a week into the game.

Side note: Skyly was the best.

I'll see myself out now. runs

A lot of changes were made seemingly last minute for unknown reasons and it wasn't communicated to anyone. That's just how Sega is.

Even worse I miss being able to Change the look of my mag, Now it's just this .... Orb thingy??? T_T ( Granted, I have TONs , TONS of mag evolution devices stockpiled and cant use any of them.)

@Sakesubaki

We're getting that feature back before next year.

@Knight-Raime said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

@Sakesubaki

We're getting that feature back before next year.

OH THANK GOODNESS, at least you gave me some hope! ❤

Things were like that with the JP CBT1. Our old items dominated the BP where people hit over 2000.

It was nerfed without telling us and honestly I don't mind. Let the PSO2 stuff be OP in PSO2 and the NGS stuff be OP in NGS.

@Sakesubaki

Np. We don't know if we'll get all of our old mag customs back or not. But one can hope.

I'm honestly glad they nerfed the old gear. People should be embracing the new way to get gear and augments, it's fun! Why would you want to just surpass all the new content immediately?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that saying "lied" is a really negative spin on it, it was a beta and it was subject to change.

I'm not too sour about it. Just means some work will need to be put in to surpass the legacy stuff rather than it rendering the new things useless off the bat.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

I'm honestly glad they nerfed the old gear. People should be embracing the new way to get gear and augments, it's fun! Why would you want to just surpass all the new content immediately?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that saying "lied" is a really negative spin on it, it was a beta and it was subject to change.

I'd at least like to be able to convert my weapons into skins that work on NGS gear. You can't do that with what's currently available.