Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.

@Anarchy-Marine I would really really like that as well. I don't think there's even an option right now for skinning weapons like we could in PSO2.

I really would like to use my Ark Sarpent as a skin for future wands.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

I really would like to use my Ark Sarpent as a skin for future wands.

More of the Millionaire set fan myself. Would Use it on my Gunner/Ranger. Flintlock pistols and rifles are cool. Ones tweaked to fire multiple rounds are better.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

EDIT: I just wanted to add that saying "lied" is a really negative spin on it, it was a beta and it was subject to change.

Maybe it is negative but sugar coating and dancing around the point instead of just saying what you mean is disingenuous.

Was it really lying when they tell you up front that the information was still in development and may change in the future. There were definitely plenty of warnings about things not being finalized even in the list that showed what will be carried over and what aren't. Plenty of things changed after the CBTs, things like Just Attack/Perfect Attack was removed and in first JP CBT people got to carry over all their PSO2 gear/fashion (one of the things being tested for CBT1) then perhaps it made them changed their mind about having old PSO2 gear being stronger than the new gear.

@Miranda said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

Side note: Skyly was the best.

I'll see myself out now. runs

Absolutely.

@Zeke said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

Things were like that with the JP CBT1. Our old items dominated the BP where people hit over 2000.

It was nerfed without telling us and honestly I don't mind. Let the PSO2 stuff be OP in PSO2 and the NGS stuff be OP in NGS.

@Brittany_Rose_C said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

I'm honestly glad they nerfed the old gear. People should be embracing the new way to get gear and augments, it's fun! Why would you want to just surpass all the new content immediately?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that saying "lied" is a really negative spin on it, it was a beta and it was subject to change.

Just to re-clarify; I'm fine with the performance of the gear currently. I just didn't appreciate how they lied about it twice in the end since getting gear prepped for NGS was the big carrot on the stick for me, and lots of others. It was a means to skip first version upgrades and save meseta for the next update when the current gear becomes irrelevant and meseta/material costs shoot up. In that sense, the gear lived up to what I wanted it to do.

@HarmlessSyan said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

Was it really lying when they tell you up front that the information was still in development and may change in the future. There were definitely plenty of warnings about things not being finalized even in the list that showed what will be carried over and what aren't. Plenty of things changed after the CBTs, things like Just Attack/Perfect Attack was removed and in first JP CBT people got to carry over all their PSO2 gear/fashion (one of the things being tested for CBT1) then perhaps it made them changed their mind about having old PSO2 gear being stronger than the new gear.

You're right, it wasn't a lie, it was 2 lies. First was the lie about them being raised to +40; This was implemented and the information on the article stating they would be elevated to +40 was not changed til way after release, this was a bait and switch. The information is also a lie currently because it states that legacy weapons would perform to the level of their NGS counterparts, which they don't. The reason I consider it a lie is because the information was released as assurance that time spent in PSO2 would not be wasted once NGS released and the focus inevitably shifted to that game. It was on the same page that informed us that fashion was carrying over into NGS, and you know that if the fashion was "subject to change" altered there would have been a riot.

Also, just attacks being removed was some of the very first information we got on ngs, to my knowledge they were not in the closed beta.

Quick edit: I know that outright calling it a lie does have negative connotations, but it was either that, or dance around the issue for a while and I like to get to the point. And once more, I'd like to reaffirm that the point is about the lie, not the performance. Bait and switching is grimy.

So are we supposed to just buff PSO2 gear so new players are penalized over PSO2 hoarders who just deserve it or what? There was never a lie, at most a slightly awkward translation. Klauz gear with proper affixes is very comparable to 4* gear in NGS otherwise. I don't really care about people who thought they would be 5% above or equivalent to people using the newest NGS gear, and ended up 5% below. You just wasted your time due to your misconceptions about an article on work in progress game functionality being a promise to you. This is especially curious because people with perfect Klauz already get plenty out of it in NGS compared to people who have to do with the NGS unit grind, and Klauz weapons are 100% fine to use while you're saving all these resources for obtaining top tier of NGS gear with fixas.

But woe is you who tries either to bargain or exact some kind of revenge on Sega because you got 5% less than you assumed and only now can you see that your decision to grind for what you did not need was foolish. You're trying too hard to blame Sega on wasting hours of your life because you wanted your weapons to be stronger.

@Hooonter said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

So are we supposed to just buff PSO2 gear so new players are penalized over PSO2 hoarders who just deserve it or what? There was never a lie, at most a slightly awkward translation. Klauz gear with proper affixes is very comparable to 4* gear in NGS otherwise. I don't really care about people who thought they would be 5% above or equivalent to people using the newest NGS gear, and ended up 5% below. You just wasted your time due to your misconceptions about an article on work in progress game functionality being a promise to you. This is especially curious because people with perfect Klauz already get plenty out of it in NGS compared to people who have to do with the NGS unit grind, and Klauz weapons are 100% fine to use while you're saving all these resources for obtaining top tier of NGS gear with fixas.

But woe is you who tries either to bargain or exact some kind of revenge on Sega because you got 5% less than you assumed and only now can you see that your decision to grind for what you did not need was foolish. You're trying too hard to blame Sega on wasting hours of your life because you wanted your weapons to be stronger.

I'd like to preface this by saying that the performance of the items is not a particular concern of mine and I will address that again in a sec. People keep coming to that conclusion and it is not the point behind this topic, but since you brought it up; Sega originally said everything would be + 40, and this was not the case. One week into the game's life Sega edited the information and claimed that it would stay the same but perform on par with NGS equivalents, notice how there is no mention of affixing in either of their descriptions. Legacy gear is not at the level of NGS gear by default, this is a fact. This fact proves that they lied, and even if you give them benefit of the doubt and claim that the first take of the article was a mistranslation, the second take is still a lie as proven by this fact.

You're mistaken if you think it would penalize new players. NGS is essentially a brand new game, but despite that Sega decided to tie it down to PSO2 instead of making it its own thing in order to transition as many players as possible from pso2 to ngs. This was a smart move, and it was also a smart move for sega to respect the time that players had put into the old game. This is why fashion and premium currencies carried over. Weapons are no different, sega said X will carry over if you obtain them in the base game. This was Sega giving their word that our time spent in pso2 would be valued as veterans of the game, not that it would give us an advantage over new players. And frankly, it does not give us an advantage over new players. NGS gear out performs legacy gear when optimized, there are already several videos explaining the differences and comparing the two. And even if hypothetically legacy gear was on par with NGS gear by default, it still wouldn't benefit from multi weapon which is key for optimizing damage situations. Even if we go a step further, lets say legacy gear was superior to NGS gear, it would not last long at all. PSO2 is a game that constantly updates, and constantly makes old gear obsolete, including legacy gear which is 4* tops out of 15*+ that the game is going to have throughout its life.

And this is not revenge. This is an objective case of Sega lying to the player, and in that sense I am blaming them for lying twice. As for what I want; It would be cool if they buffed the gear, but ultimately pointless since, as I have stated before in this topic; The gear has performed excellently and for the most part accomplished what I wanted it to do, being the ability to skip early game grind and get right into the "endgame" content, along with saving meseta and resources. I don't think it would be out of the question for Sega to make some kind of statement about it, perhaps clarify if the initial, or both statements were mistranslations or just flat out wrong. And if I'm feeling suuuuuuper entitled, maybe they can compensate us like they do in emergency maint with a monotite or something 😜

Also I have no idea why this concept is hard to grasp. I'm upset about the lie, not the equipment. If I was upset about the equipment I'd me asking them to promote it to 6* or whatever the lv 20 cap weapons are going to be.

@Knight-Raime said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

@Sakesubaki

We're getting that feature back before next year.

That's actually this year, the same month as Braverume1np6ef9171.png

This is one thing that i am glad they lied about.

Also, it would be easier to call this a "Things are subject to change" moment if they had bothered to edit the officual posts about it when they decided to change it, be it last minitue or whatever. They still havent bothrted to change it, either. I should have been something communicated. it was kinda a big deal, especially for those spevifucally preppinv weapons and units for ngs transfer so they wouldnt have to bother with ngs gear until 5 star (many hoped)

So the difference between 3x +10 legacy units and 3x +40 untis is 90 defense? Or maybe I'm not counting that right because I don't know how the base stats look like at the moment.

Seems like a big deal because % stuff is small at this stage of the game. Though the legacy gear gets 4 more augments. Maybe rather than defense you can get additional damage potency?

“Subject to change”

Translation: we can say anything and not be held liable for it. 😛

@Neosiotype setting up a pso2 piece to transfer to ngs would net you 10% potency increase at max. NGS unit currently can get you 8%, 9%, or 10% to a specific damage type depending on what unit you used. meanwhile ngs units will give you a lot more survivability. the defense increase may not seem numetically high, but for me its been making the difference between getting 1-shotted to surviving 2 or 3 hits of normal gigantix attacks i failed to block or dodge.

Because its clearly harder to dodge attacks in ngs due to more strict animaion locking, i chose survivability of new units. The pso2 units are at least good for use while deciding what you really want to play, since ngs augments wont get up to matching pso2 units in 'all damage' yet.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

This is one thing that i am glad they lied about.

Also, it would be easier to call this a "Things are subject to change" moment if they had bothered to edit the officual posts about it when they decided to change it, be it last minitue or whatever. They still havent bothrted to change it, either. I should have been something communicated. it was kinda a big deal, especially for those spevifucally preppinv weapons and units for ngs transfer so they wouldnt have to bother with ngs gear until 5 star (many hoped)

Regardless of whether you agree with the change or not, being happy about being lied to is kinda red flag territory. Companies will treat you the way you let them treat you. A good example of this is NGS' lack of content; PSO2 base launched in japan with barely any content to its name. As far as I remember, hardly anyone was talking about that, and as a result of that plus the general success of PSO2, we have NGS in the state that it's in. Saying you're happy to be lied to sets a dangerous precedent.

@Pariah-Chan said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

“Subject to change”

Translation: we can say anything and not be held liable for it. 😛

"Subject to change" does not apply to what they did. They lied twice. The lie about making equipment +40 was on their article until 6/16, a whole week after release. The fact that it was still up for a whole week after the game's release, which made it seem like a bug, and then changing it one week in during the official release (non beta) is a lie.

But let me play devil's advocate and say segac just slipped up as segac does, they made a last minute change and forgot to update the article for a whole week. They still lied.

Capture.PNG

That is what the article says now, and at the moment of this post still says that. This is a blatant lie.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Sega really lied to us about legacy gear transfers.:

@Neosiotype setting up a pso2 piece to transfer to ngs would net you 10% potency increase at max. NGS unit currently can get you 8%, 9%, or 10% to a specific damage type depending on what unit you used. meanwhile ngs units will give you a lot more survivability. the defense increase may not seem numetically high, but for me its been making the difference between getting 1-shotted to surviving 2 or 3 hits of normal gigantix attacks i failed to block or dodge.

Because its clearly harder to dodge attacks in ngs due to more strict animaion locking, i chose survivability of new units. The pso2 units are at least good for use while deciding what you really want to play, since ngs augments wont get up to matching pso2 units in 'all damage' yet.

Augments are irrelevant, as sega stated that the equipment would perform equivalent to the ngs counterparts grinded to +40 without mentioning augments. But as far as units go, the 13* legacy units that people transfer can't get to 10%. The leg unit can go as high as 9% because skydance gives you 2% in the air, but the back and arms only give you 8%. Without augments they are clearly inferior to their ngs counterparts in every way, and with augments they are a side grade to the 3s. They are outclassed by the 4s (as they should be) in every way. Weapons can get to +10% but ultimately do considerably less damage than their ngs counterparts as a result of the base power gap. This is most notable vs gigantix where higher base power mitigates the enemy's higher defense.

The second lie in particular is pretty big though; If they had gone with their first pitch (where they didn't specify performance) the main difference would be that base units would have more def, while the base weapons would have more power. The current lie about making them equivalent is a HUUUUGE gap when you consider that the equivalent of a 4* lv 15 req weapon is the straga series (or some other possible 4* lv 15 req series that is unreleased). But as it stands, without affixes units don't perform to the level of their 3* counterparts, weapons get blown away by every NGS 4* despite needing to be a higher level to equip them compared to 4/5 of the 4* series.

Therefore, sega lied twice. Benefit of the doubt; Sega still lied, and has not "corrected" the information in their article despite them being willing to edit the information after the fact.

@Flowen231 Too all: GOOD. I'm glad they are inferior to NGS units in every way. No one should be able to hold on to prior-expansion stuff longer than it takes to get the next new thing to drop. There would have been nothing to work for until winter had they had done that.

Thats why I'm glad they lied about it, to reiterate it sarcastically, to which I also explained that it would have been great if t hey had changed the posts about it before hand.

But to word it for you, I'm glad they didn't go through with it in the end. Someone grew a last minute sense of reason and put a stop to it. They really shouldn't have allowed any transfer equipment at all. Play a new game as its meant to be played.