How would you like a Global Design Contest?

I'd like to see global get a few contests, we have some creative people here, and now that we're pretty much matched with JP in terms of content with the launch of NGS, it would be wonderful to hold a contest. Japan has released a few nice costumes as a result of their creative community, it's time we did too!

I'd create so many cast pieces, they need love.

Unless the devs/gm's make the decision on who wins it would be a waste of time. Players would vote for what got them the most horny.

@Zeke said in How would you like a Global Design Contest?:

Unless the devs/gm's make the decision on who wins it would be a waste of time. Players would vote for what got them the most horny.

True true, but then again, people would rage when the devs/gms pick too, I've even seen some contests where gms had relationships with players and got them in the winning votes and contests where players just flat out steal designs off Twitter/Deviantart/someotherplace and manage to win.

I think it'd be awesome! It'd be neat for a cross-service Winners Design to happen. Sega (JP) choose the winners for that, don't they? So it'd be a bit more tricky for Global players to have friends there. Further, is there actually any prize? If there's no prize beyond getting your design in the game there wouldn't be much incentive to plagiarise.

@Miraglyth said in How would you like a Global Design Contest?:

I think it'd be awesome! It'd be neat for a cross-service Winners Design to happen. Sega (JP) choose the winners for that, don't they? So it'd be a bit more tricky for Global players to have friends there. Further, is there actually any prize? If there's no prize beyond getting your design in the game there wouldn't be much incentive to plagiarise.

I don't believe there was no prize to be had outside of having your design in-game and your name in the credits and an AC reward, they also claim rights to your work (You cannot have rights to it once submitted) and they have the right to alter it as they wish.

There are also times that cast parts aren't being accepted.

@Kofi9867 said in How would you like a Global Design Contest?:

they also claim rights to your work (You cannot have rights to it once submitted) and they have the right to alter it as they wish.

Yep, that's standard fare.

I'd be already pretty ok with seeing any future design contests is just be open to everyone entering, instead of Japanese only.

How about we vote for the JP entries and they vote on ours? Then all winners go in a scratch for both.

Just as long as both sides have a fair chance of winning. I would love to see more design contests and think next time both Japan and Global included.

@Kodiakmax said in How would you like a Global Design Contest?:

How about we vote for the JP entries and they vote on ours? Then all winners go in a scratch for both.

This would work in a sense. I say start off small. Weapon Camo designs.

Top 3 from JPN and Global to have 6 new camos.

And go from there before diving into the deep end of a shallow pool called armor / outfit design with this many thirsty individuals.