Tier 2+ Exploration zones

Like combat zones, Exploration zones should see added teirs too. They still have a great amount of relevance, needing to farm the varios exploration sectors for augment capsules and such. Doing so with the levels of enemies the base zones has to offer is unchallenging and on chore level.

A tier 2 selection to bump Aelio region exploration zone enemies up to lvl15+ would be awesome, while the rarer spawns be higher to keep the areas engaging.

Hoping this is already going to be a thing for June 23rds Gigantix addition.

My biggest worry with this is that down the line in the future this could potentially snowball into the same problem that Free Field Explorations/Expeditions have on Phantasy Star Online 2 where you get difficulty after difficulty that bumps things up and splits players. I can imagine in a year or two we could potentially have a "Super Hard" variant of these fields that players who play now might be playing in (for relevant loot and experience) and new players will be populating the "Normal" variant. The tiers in-between will likely become ghost towns or are empty simply because there might not be much room for a middle-tier in that sense.

I think for now, I do like the idea that the fields are the way they are outside of combat zones but I do wonder how those Veteran enemies will behave and scale when we start moving beyond Level 20.

Yes, cuz I’d like to see a lvl 30 veteran daityl sword one shotting players right outside of central city. XD

@VanillaLucia Upcoming exploration fields in new areas will have that same effect. they will inevitably have higher level enemies than current, and better augment drops like Might IV and beyond. Players are going to end up split the bigger the game gets. Tiering even the exploration areas will keep the older areas populated when that happens.

@AngryRhombus563 While I also would like to see tier 2 exploration zones, I think those should be more spread out than the combat zones tiers. Basically I think a tier 2 for Aelio explorations should only be released together with the next region, and cover the same level range (tier 2 Aelio covering the lvl 20 to 35 range). Too many tiers wouldn't be a good idea.

@Ezodagrom It wouldnt be a good thing to limit it to combat zones, because there are items that only drop from monsters in exploration zones, and also items you can only get from combat zones. Both need to stay relevant, so having only an option for a bunch of lvl1 enemies in Central Aelio when you need to farm trash monsters there anyway is very boring.

@AngryRhombus563 The Gathering Zones are already designed to handle a variety of player levels and are not there for "challenge" nor for leveling. Players will keep coming back as long as they need Dread Keeper, Giganix, Ael Note/Domina capsules, Mononite, Dualomite, Trinite, and Aelio Fruit/Meat/Vegetables. Them being level 1 is no different than them being level 200 when you are strong enough to kill them quickly.

Tiering the exploration area will just end up dividing the playerbase in zones designed for quick and easy gathering of materials and farming capsules. You are supposed to be running around quickly killing enemies for their capsule drops. Increasing enemy levels would just slow things down.

@AngryRhombus563 I didn't say anything about limiting tiers to combat zones, I said that I believe the exploration tiers should be more spread out than the combat tiers. For example, Aelio tier 2 combat zones have lvl 15 enemies, while I think Aelio tier 2 exploration zones should have the same levels as the next new region (lvl 20~35 range).

@ultimatecalibur Repeating points I already gave a response to: division will happen. it will happen with or without this, and is already happening. The BP some are also complaining about is already the point of division you wont be able to avoid. Whether or not someone wants to run in a higher level zone for the same thing will have little effect on you.

Long story short, people will always complain no matter what Segac does.

Because it's fun exploring to get some fruits/ores/vegetables while getting targeted by a Veteran or something ...leave that to the combat zones. There is a reason why they are called exploration zone and not Combat zones. It's already a pain getting targeted by all those birds and imps-like while just browsing to get to the next spawn node for whatever.

@ShinoKoba I know its sarcasm, but if its fun being targeted by a veteran, then it would be fun being targeted by birds and imps. And if you arent capable of beating the veteran thats targeting you, then you simply wouldnt find yourself in a Tier 2 or higher zone with things you cant beat at that obvious low level and BP. Sega probably would already have a BP requirement on them anyway.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Tier 2+ Exploration zones:

@ShinoKoba I know its sarcasm, but if its fun being targeted by a veteran, then it would be fun being targeted by birds and imps. And if you arent capable of beating the veteran thats targeting you, then you simply wouldnt find yourself in a Tier 2 or higher zone with things you cant beat at that obvious low level and BP. Sega probably would already have a BP requirement on them anyway.

What I meant is that when I just want to do a farming round, it's bad enough that I have to stop to kill all those things even if I oneshot them (except those frigging birds that keep moving ) or they will follow you all around the map. It's just a bother. And some people think is fun having to look out for a Veteran as well ? If you want to fight there is plenty of zones for that. Don't bother who want a bit of rest from fighting and just want to farm some.

@ShinoKoba Thats why area teirs are selectable. It will b 0 bother to the teir 0 folk.

You know what's not a bother? The current system that functions perfectly fine.