The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.

It’s not fun at all at this point either. Mindlessly going from letter to letter to letter for minuscule gains is tedious. 300k exp in 200 per increments with 600-800 from bosses that takes 4x as long as normal mobs for 100 each also is meh at best.

Got one character to 20 and the rest feel like a chore. UQs need to be twice instead of once at least to add some more areas. 50k from dailies isn’t gonna cut it.

The xp grind on this game for a brand new game is incredible lenient, some players managed to hit level 20 within the opening day. We also have weeks till the level cap hits 35, so theirs plenty of time for even casual grinders to get multiple classes to 20 before that happens.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

The xp grind on this game for a brand new game is incredible lenient, some players managed to hit level 20 within the opening day. We also have weeks till the level cap hits 35, so theirs plenty of time for even casual grinders to get multiple classes to 20 before that happens.

For one class with quests for exp in a day sure. Once those quests go away tho, not so much.

Run the UQs when they come up for a massive EXP gain, along with dailies, that is what I'm doing to get my second class to level 20.

@LazerRay said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

Run the UQs when they come up for a massive EXP gain, along with dailies, that is what I'm doing to get my second class to level 20.

This is my new process.

Dailies and UQ, especially Nex Vera (which is like 75k xp base?) are definitely the way to go, though grinding in lab II isn't awful (although having hit 18 I'll probably change to a class that benefits faster!)

I believe I heard from somebody that if your sub class is lvl 20 you get reduced exp from lvl 15 or lower mobs, but idl if that's true or not.

You're going to be grinding difficulty 2 maps for augments anyway. Set another job you want to level as your subclass and get it to 15 while you grind your map of choice. Maybe you get lucky and get some gear you want while you're at it.

The game's been out for just over two weeks, no need to rush to cap. If you're feeling weary from the grind, take a break.

The cap isn't being raised until winter, so we've probably got 5 months at least before the level cap raises. There's nothing in the game that actually requires you to hit 20 anyway, unless you're looking for excubes.

Nothing wrong with the 15+ grind being slow when it doesn't lock you out of anything right now.

@Akonyl said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

The cap isn't being raised until winter, so we've probably got 5 months at least before the level cap raises. There's nothing in the game that actually requires you to hit 20 anyway, unless you're looking for excubes.

Nothing wrong with the 15+ grind being slow when it doesn't lock you out of anything right now.

I’m expecting smaller cap increases until that point. Could be wrong tho. I’ll need something before Diablo 2 in September or it’s going to be a long rest of the year.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

3F3ADC04-DB02-4A94-B90C-0B8AE0FB4207.png

Not weeks, MONTHS. :3

@Cult said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

@Akonyl said in The grind without quests from 18 on is painful.:

I’m expecting smaller cap increases until that point. Could be wrong tho. I’ll need something before Diablo 2 in September or it’s going to be a long rest of the year.

I wouldn't count on it tbh. If they were gonna, I feel like the roadmap would list it, but also you gotta take into account that this game nerfs XP a lot if you're 5+ levels above the enemies you kill. If they upped the cap without new enemies / a new region, those levels would be abysmal to grind.

If you need to fill time before Diablo, I'd suggest lookin somewhere other than NGS, unless Braver releasing in August would be enough for you.

Going to the E's/T's the game marks isn't always efficient, nor is killing every single mob in a spawn(if you're alone). If all you're after is solely xp it's far faster/more efficient to just swoop into a spawn AoE spam 3 or so times to kill off all the small mobs then move to the next closest group and repeat(not following the E's/T's).

That's usually how I run labs when I grind there and it doesn't take the other people who are following the E/T long to catch on, then they follow suit and everything at each spawn gets killed. Running from one side of a zone to the other to follow the markers and skipping all the adds between them is silly.

The fastest wait to lvl is using PSE bursts, with 50-60k xp per burst if you have a good team and get lucky with silver/gold spawns and you can chain bursts from one trial to the next if you know how it works.

IF you have premuim you can get a 10 item food buff giving 10% tri boost, make sure the xp social mag is globally full and everyone gets an xp increase (there is one for rdr and pot) as far as the XP reduction, if you have a lvl 20 main equip both lvl 15 and lvl 17 kill exp is heavily reduced and sub class is capped at 15. (the xp from the dailies are not reduced for lvl 20)

Im working on my 4th and 5th lvl 20 (18/14) and im actually taking my sweet time with it. The xp in this game thanks to pse is far too much imho.

in all fairness unless you plan to play the class you dont need to level it since if you get all the skill points (20 atm) you can spend them all in a lvl 1 and get the benefits, its not like pso2 where you had to lvl to gain the skill points to then spend them just for a sub class.

Edit to add: when the level cap goes up we will mostl likely get rank 3 maps raising the levels in that area to 30, since the xp per kill wont go up by much the 30-35 grind will take much much longer since the xp needed for those 5 levels will dwarf what you need for 19-20