WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????

Why does no one use in Game Mics???? Why use Discord whne the game has Mics already????? I know MMO's get attract the wierd, but not even a shout out like "Boss Area".

When did Mics die on Xbox? 7 years ago I could not get people to stop spamming.

why is this even being questioned? nobody is forced to use a mic. most people just use keyboard.

I never used my mic back on the 360. Most the people I heard on mic's on the 360 were people I couldn't stand listening to anyway. Many of them would have had the mouth slapped off their face if they'd been in the room with me... >.>

I do use a mic, but most of the time I cant talk to people in game is because I am already in an Xbox Live Party talking to friends who are playing other activities.

i actually thought the same thing, especially when it shows that everyone has an active mic but yet noone would talk. @23Alvaro talking is quicker than typing and its hard to type when in the middle of a boss fight.

I mainly have my mic disabled becaues I usually either use an xbox party to talk , or i have my fan running and dont wnat to blare static over a random persons headset as a courtesy , and if you are worried about comms in a random pug... Kinda a lost point there

I'm all for voice chatting... but after having a kid with a 2nd on the way in a month... it's near impossible for me to voice chat at all 😧

@iXWreak-HavokXi said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

i actually thought the same thing, especially when it shows that everyone has an active mic but yet noone would talk. @23Alvaro talking is quicker than typing and its hard to type when in the middle of a boss fight.

We old school gamers can read and type faster than you can speak 😛 lol

Back in my day voice chat was a LAN party or using the telephone...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN BEFORE I SLAP YOU SENSLESS WITH A MACKEREL YOU DARN KIDS!

@NEXTEL-CUP Most people on Xbox use Xbox Live Party Chat, People stopped using game chat sometime ago as it's just laggy and pointless. On Pso2 you will find more people in Party Chat then ingame chat if any at all and you will find about 10% of the players using a keyboard ingame.

• The issue at the time for Pso2 when it comes to using the Chatbox is that most Xbox players won't use it due to the lag input that comes from it but those that came from PC/Use a Keyboard will use it as from what I heard Keyboards don't have this lag input issue.

• Ingame chat seems to lag or not work half the time so it's best to use Party Chat, Also most people that play xbox already own a mic and are playing with friends so they use Xbox party. Xbox Party is like Discord so it's easier.

You will find that people on other games on Xbox don't use the ingame Chat or Chatbox's that often, like' Cod, Roblox, Minecraft, etc but as it goes so far, I haven't seen or heard anyone using Discord over the Party Chat on Xbox, When playing pso2 on Xbox.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

@iXWreak-HavokXi said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

We old school gamers can read and type faster than you can speak 😛 lol

Back in my day voice chat was a LAN party or using the telephone...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN BEFORE I SLAP YOU SENSLESS WITH A MACKEREL YOU DARN KIDS!

We are boomers out here.

Party chat killed mic sadly. It was a great way to make friends back in the original Xbox and early 360 days. I kind of miss it. That said, I only use the keyboard if it's an option. FYI, you can use your voice to type in PSO2 or use the Xbox phone app to type. The X1 virtual keyboard does voice-to-text.

@Duchess-May said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

Party chat killed mic sadly. It was a great way to make friends back in the original Xbox and early 360 days. I kind of miss it. That said, I only use the keyboard if it's an option. FYI, you can use your voice to type in PSO2 or use the Xbox phone app. The X1 virtual keyboard does voice-to-text.

Its kind of clunky though it, doesn't work very well. I'd rather just pickup a $10 keyboard from Amazon, its much easier.

@23Alvaro said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

@Duchess-May said in WHY NO MICS???????????????????????????????:

Party chat killed mic sadly. It was a great way to make friends back in the original Xbox and early 360 days. I kind of miss it. That said, I only use the keyboard if it's an option. FYI, you can use your voice to type in PSO2 or use the Xbox phone app. The X1 virtual keyboard does voice-to-text.

Its kind of clunky though it, doesn't work very well. I'd rather just pickup a $10 keyboard from Amazon, its much easier.

You're preaching to the choir. I've been using a keyboard on consoles to communicate since Dreamcast came out with IRC chat, well before PSO. It's just an option some may not be aware of.

I don't plan to use voice chat in game either if PC version has voice chat, I plan to turn it off entirely. I don't want to listen to people voice chatting in games.

I thought Xbox mic had only one purpose, when somebody is in your opinion under- or over-performing in your game, to call their mother a woman of questionable standing and them flamboyantly being attracted to other men? Repeatedly, loudly and emotionally? 🤔