Complaint about the Xbox live gold requirement

I think it’s quite dumb to require a subscription to play a supposedly free game. Especially with the virus going around. This is my opinion and not all of you will agree with me.

The XBL gold requirement I believe is Microsoft's requirement just to be able to play games online on the console regardless if the game is a free to play title or a retail title.

@Ukyo-Sonoda it makes no sense during this long OBT. Open doesn’t mean paid subscribers only. Open means everyone. No point in having a beta if you have to pay microshaft to participate. They advertise that the game is free but this flies in the face of that advertising.

You don't need gold for OBT

@Nuebot you do.

Q. Will I need an Xbox Live account to play Phantasy Star Online 2 on the Xbox One?

A. Yes, a Microsoft Xbox Live account is required to play on the Xbox One. In addition, XBOX Live Gold is needed to play online.

Open means you dont need an invitation to participate. It doesnt grant a free pass through a service provider's requirements to have an internet connection that is usuable for playing the game.

@Ukyo-Sonoda but that doesn’t make the pay to play requirement null and void.

@OXM12 pretty much every other f2p online game on Xbox requires gold, The few that dont limit your interactions with the online populace , This should not be a shock to you or anyone else playing on this platform . expecting otherwise is kind of silly at this point

@VaricBreem which is why I rarely play mmos on Xbox one. I stick to PC or truly buy device once play free thereafter platforms. This isn’t one of them.

The gold requirement isn't specific to this title. therefore it does not equate to pay to play. gold is a requirement by Microsoft for online gaming access on their console. Quit trying to reason it as being forced to pay to play an open beta. It probably sucks if you want to play the game but cant afford a gold membership right now but you're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to get online gaming access on an xbox for free because of the virus.

@Ukyo-Sonoda then Microsoft’s Xbox division doesn’t care about those who are having to choose between paying their bills or pay for entertainment. This virus has hit not only the health of people but their jobs as well. Not everyone has the disposable income right now to pay for some online gaming service. Folks aren’t getting a paycheck much less being able to work to keep the lights on. Quarantine is hard.

I'm all for them protecting their servers from trolls and children preventing more problems but not letting the foul people be left in the dark by requiring gold.

@OXM12 said in Complaint about the Xbox live gold requirement:

@Ukyo-Sonoda then Microsoft’s Xbox division doesn’t care about those who are having to choose between paying their bills or pay for entertainment. This virus has hit not only the health of people but their jobs as well. Not everyone has the disposable income right now to pay for some online gaming service. Folks aren’t getting a paycheck much less being able to work to keep the lights on. Quarantine is hard.

So its time to grow up and be a mature consumer. XBLG should not be a priority in your household during hard times. Microsoft nor Sega owe you anything more than the products they sell you. I wrote a lot more then erased it to say this: Admit that you want a free ticket to ride and your using the c-virus and the circumstances around it as a scapegoat. Your probably not the person in the household who holds the wallet. Entertainment is a luxury.

You pay monthly internet to play mmo games on a pc. Internet isn't free. People pay for Netflix to stream shows and movies. Things have a cost. The game is free. But Xbox users know gold is a normal requirement it has nothing to do with pso2

There are certain things that are required to be able to play a game on a console, example, internet access (costs money), a gaming console (costs money), a controller (costs money), and an xbox live subscription (also costs money). The game itself is 100% free to play, however, xbox live is not 100% free to play, and that's kind of just where we're at with console gaming.

That being said, I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to make a point that certain things are required to be able to play an xbox game online, and some of those things cost money. Your argument about the corona virus and there being hard times is definitely valid, but there are more important things for people on a tight budget during these hard times than playing PSO2