NGS Questions

Hey there,

ive been playing for a few days now, even tested PSO2 while at it because i never played it before but only 2 missions so far. So Ive got a few Questions for New Genesis.

• Is the Shop System broken? I mean the one you get into when talking to the Personal Shop NPC. I do not have Premium so i dont have a Personal Shop myself, but you can search all others Personal Shops there right? First off most of the Search functions do not work. Like when im saying i just look for Weapons, and then for Talises, it does not find anything. When search solely by Price between 0 and 99999999 it shows everything. And if i then add Rarity i can find what i search relatively quick. Still seems broken to me. Also is it a bug that everything seems to cost only 1000 maseta?

• I havent seen or used a Multiweapon as of now. When i have one, does it look like a Fusion of the Chosen weapons or is it Just one weapon and changes to the other one when i use any skill related to it?

• Where do i get Camos? Im not sure if nearly anyone has them or if they are just using equip from PSO2 but i have not seen any place where i can buy them or anything.

• Whats up with this "the enemy is more than 5 level higher than you so you do nearly no Damage" mechanic? If the Enemy is more powerful then me its ok but why this extra Defense? Makes no sense in my opinion.

• There are those First login Bonuses yeah? Im playing on Steam. Is there a way to download the Win10 Version and login with the same account to get the Win10 bonuses too? I do not think so but i wanna ask anyway.

• Why is there no Premium package in the SG Store? I mean You can get SG by playing the game. Of course it shouldnt be cheap because else no one would buy AC. And not the same duration either but like 7 Days for i dont know 500-1000 SG or something? I really do not know yet how much is much. I get about 50 per day. But it would make the life of f2Players a bit easier.

• I didnt find one but also did not search all that thouroghly but is there some kind of Roadmap for the game? Like what gets added next and what timeframe to expect or somesuch?

Well thats it for now. If i have any more Questions i will post them here. I hope i can get some answers. I really think its a great game so far.

@BlackZero500 said in NGS Questions:

Hey there,

ive been playing for a few days now, even tested PSO2 while at it because i never played it before but only 2 missions so far. So Ive got a few Questions for New Genesis.

• Is the Shop System broken? I mean the one you get into when talking to the Personal Shop NPC. I do not have Premium so i dont have a Personal Shop myself, but you can search all others Personal Shops there right? First off most of the Search functions do not work. Like when im saying i just look for Weapons, and then for Talises, it does not find anything. When search solely by Price between 0 and 99999999 it shows everything. And if i then add Rarity i can find what i search relatively quick. Still seems broken to me. Also is it a bug that everything seems to cost only 1000 maseta?

Yes, the shop is bugged atm. But you're right in that normally you can search all other Personal Shops from there.

Aside from the method you outlined, you can also type the exact name in the search box and it'll show everything that matches. This is annoying, but once you know the weapon/armor series name the rest seems to be standardized. For example, I believe all Wire Lances are named "Wire" in game so if you know you want the "Resurgir" series Wire Lance then you know it'll be called "Resurgir Wire" when using the search box.

Also, once you've "seen" a weapon in game I believe the autocomplete button next to the "Search" textbox is working correctly. So if you type in "Resurgir" it should show you the names of all Resurgir series weapons you've looked at in game (via your inventory, Player Shops, NPC shops, etc.).

• I havent seen or used a Multiweapon as of now. When i have one, does it look like a Fusion of the Chosen weapons or is it Just one weapon and changes to the other one when i use any skill related to it?

I've only made 1 multiweapon, but my memory is that it takes the default appearance of whichever weapon you selected as the "base" weapon. However, when you use PAs associated with the other weapon it takes on that appearance until the animation ends.

• Where do i get Camos? Im not sure if nearly anyone has them or if they are just using equip from PSO2 but i have not seen any place where i can buy them or anything.

You should be able to buy them on the Player Shops although you might need to know their exact name given the shop bugs you noticed earlier.

In base PSO2 they mainly came from AC/SG Scratch tickets as well as in-game events that awarded them for free upon completion (either limited-time campaign events or limited-time quests given by NPCs). However, some dropped in the field from specific enemies (Nyau, seasonal Rappies, etc.) or from specific quests (e.g. Cradle of Darkness Urgent Quest).

You might be able to get one using the daily free SG Scratch ticket campaign currently going on, but I haven't looked at the prize list. If you start playing base PSO2 I'd also check the Player Shops there as some of the common world drop ones should be fairly cheap whereas old scratch ticket/endgame content ones will be super expensive.

• Whats up with this "the enemy is more than 5 level higher than you so you do nearly no Damage" mechanic? If the Enemy is more powerful then me its ok but why this extra Defense? Makes no sense in my opinion.

Yeah, I dunno either aside from serving as a barrier to harder content that's not BP gated.

• There are those First login Bonuses yeah? Im playing on Steam. Is there a way to download the Win10 Version and login with the same account to get the Win10 bonuses too? I do not think so but i wanna ask anyway.

I believe you can create an EGS/XBox Live account and then link them to your existing PSO2 account to get all of the rewards. I've never attempted this, but @Xaelon mentioned this possibility in this thread so maybe they can give more guidance.

• Why is there no Premium package in the SG Store? I mean You can get SG by playing the game. Of course it shouldnt be cheap because else no one would buy AC. And not the same duration either but like 7 Days for i dont know 500-1000 SG or something? I really do not know yet how much is much. I get about 50 per day. But it would make the life of f2Players a bit easier.

I'm also unsure why they made this decision. In base PSO2 there were many sources of SG that would've made it easy to get Premium given the rate at which we were getting content. However, there was also a means by which to get free access to the Player Shop so having Premium was less of a necessity.

I did want to point out that using SG on "Material Storage" and/or "Extended Storage" can really help offset the storage benefit of Premium.

• I didnt find one but also did not search all that thouroghly but is there some kind of Roadmap for the game? Like what gets added next and what timeframe to expect or somesuch?

Here's the current roadmap

Well thats it for now. If i have any more Questions i will post them here. I hope i can get some answers. I really think its a great game so far.

Welcome to the game and the forum!

@Rang-Dipkin said in NGS Questions:

I believe you can create an EGS/XBox Live account and then link them to your existing PSO2 account to get all of the rewards. I've never attempted this, but @Xaelon mentioned this possibility in this thread so maybe they can give more guidance.

Linking your existing PSO2 account to another platform is very easy. All you do is install the game through EGS and/or the windows store and then link it to your existing Steam account using a special code.

To get the code in question open PSO2 on Steam select your ship. Then instead of proceeding to character selection click "Support Menu". accountcode.png See where it says "Issue Account Link Code"? Click that and copy the code that shows up.

The first time you select a ship on another platform the game will prompt you to enter the code you pulled from steam. Enter the code, select a character, login once on that platform and you have your items. You may then uninstall the game on that platform if you wish.

Since link codes expire in 15 minutes after being issued so I suggest downloading the game first. You can always get another code later though.

@Xaelon Ahh, that's super helpful! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Wow thank you all. That was extremely helpful! Strangly i searched for an exact item Name but it didnt work. Maybe a Typo. Oh and another thing. Multi Weapons are only possible in the same Item Line. So with 4 Star Weapons, like any Level 14 ones or does the Line Name need to be the same? Im asking because i want a Talis/Rod Multiweapon and was aiming for a Vialto Talis and a Forsis Rod. They are the same "Line" in terms of Level and Stats, but is this enough?

Also the Roadmap is awesome. Seems like they know what they are doing.

@BlackZero500 Hmm, it's strange that nothing showed up when searching for the exact item name. It's always possible that there are none on the market, but hopefully it was just a typo. If you tell us what you were looking for I'd be happy to try searching for it in game as well.

As for your multiweapon, AFAIK, both weapons have to come from the same exact series - so you'd need 2 Vialto weapons to merge or 2 Forsis weapons. This is annoying because not every weapon type is available in every weapon series 😕

Yeah its strange. but i think it will be fixed soon. at least i hope it.

Damn. Well if thats true i guess i will have to get the Resurgir Weapons then. Although i will try first.

Hey again. Im here with new Questions.

• What exactly is Floor Potency?

• Some of the Force Skills state something like "When sidestepping while charging" does this include every sidestep or only when you evade an attack? Like when it does this "ching" sound?

• Those i think Potentials? There are those that are represented by a yellow icon instead of the usual red. I researched that every weapon line has a specific Yellow Potential. Do i understand correctly that the buffs of the yellow Resurgir line Potential only works after you evaded an attack with that "ching" sound? And then only for 30 seconds? I find that strange because similar Potentials in other Equipment does not have this restriction.

• Basic Attacks with the Rod are about 50% stronger then Basic Attacks with the Talis. Are the Techniques also stronger with a rod? I dont think so but because i did not consistently hit the same spots on the enemy i used for my tests im unsure. I mean definitley not 50% but i think there is a slight possibility they are a bit stronger with the rod.

• Bartaclod and Zondeclad. Are they really worth it? I mean they give good bonus damage, but isnt that bonus damage outshined by the damage you lose for casting uncharged spells? Although i have to admit, its rather satisfying to have triggered Bartaclod second stage and Elemental Bullet at the same time. Thats alot of damage.

• What effect exactly has it when i destroy this yellow Tank on the back of a Detyl Sword?

• What bonuses aside from using the Personal Shop and getting more Storage space are there for using Premium?

• EDIT: Another Question that Popped up, What is "Great Success" while enhancing? And if its always 10% chance except when you use items for it, wouldnt it be higher chance if i enhanced with only one item as fodder at a time?

Thats it again for now. Also i just discovered an usability for the Talis Weapon activation. Most of you certainly already know and known for a long time but its mainly for restoring PP. I was REALLY underwhelmed with the damage output and never really used it. But after one mentioned that every hit restored PP it suddenly clicked.

@BlackZero500 To address some of your points:

• Floor Potency is your "minimum" damage you can be doing. Unlike Phantasy Star Online 2 where we power-crept that, I believe your damage range is calculated from 75%-100% of what you are capable of doing. If you land a critical hit it instantly hits 100% damage without any variance and you get a bonus 20% for critical damage as a base. Increasing the floor pushes up the lower part of your damage - but "Potency" boosts both the floor and the ceiling.

• Some weapons have potentials that have conditions such as Resurgir that has a critical rate boost upon performing a perfect dodge (with that chime sound). Other weapon series have potentials that can be passive or active requiring different activation methods (such as the Klauz weapons, endgame weapons from Phantasy Star Online 2, allowing you to open wings by using three normal attacks to boost your potency and critical rate). In the case of Resurgir it will work for a period of time and you will have to dodge and activate it again. Some of the other weapon series like the Trois De series have a boost that scales off of your overall stats instead which is much more passive.

• The Rod is very different from the Talis as the Talis is much faster and has easier-access to immediate mobbing by blasting techniques around you. For applying status effects and elemental stuns, I feel the Rod and Wands (Force and Techer) are better than the Talis but the Talis lets you reposition and play both in long-ranged and melee-ranged situations when you need to spit out damage.

• Barta Clad and Zonde Clad are what greatly changes the techniques for the Force and Techer this time around as the original game emphasized a "charged attacks only" playstyle. With New Genesis, you can now afford to use the uncharged techniques to build up power for the charged variants. In the case of the Force, you really want to use your Weapon Action to block attacks and fire "Elemental Bullet" in response to build up these techniques faster as Elemental Bullet fires when you next cast your technique in response to a perfect-block. This is much more efficient than simply casting away.

• So far in New Genesis, only the Personal Shop, Premium Storage, and a bonus Triboost are available when you have Premium. All of the other bonuses are for Phantasy Star Online 2 (Premium Drinks, instant access to Personal Quarters, Player Trading, Team/Alliance Storage, and inserting items into Capsule Machines).

• Great Success is a random chance that your enhancement worked better than intended like you would see in gacha games. I believe there is a booster to increase this but I wouldn't bet on it too often outside of events like a Boost Week or having boosters - if and when they show up for New Genesis.

Also, I do not know if you are aware of what "PP Maintain" is for the Force as well. Upon casting a technique, you have to wait for a small white glow before you get PP instantly restored which matches the timing of casting in the original game (there you had to time every attack to a red ring or to the perfect frames for a damage boost). This makes it easy to maintain PP as a Force but also slows you down if you are trying to prioritize damage but you can eventually get the timing down to sustain casting and not running out of PP at the same time. Personally on my end as a Techer/Force, I called it a day by creating a multi-weapon with the Wand/Talis so I can throw the Talis' weapon action out and continue fighting as normal (Multi-Weapons allow you to have other weapon mechanics out without needing to manually switch and lose those options such as the Talis shooting for you as you focus elsewhere).

Strangely I searched for an exact item Name but it didn't work. Maybe a Typo.

The shop search in NGS is extremely finicky and may actually be broken.

You would think searching for 4* assault rifles would you know, show 4* assault rifles. Instead it finds no results. But If I get rid of the filters and search for "Foursis Rifle", there are indeed people selling Foursis Rifles. This leads me to believe that the shop's search filters are in fact broken.

Point being, it may not be your fault. The shop search doesn't work the way you think it would sometimes.

Thanks for the Information. That helps a lot. Still not sure what Great Success is though. Do i generate more enhancement EXP that way? Also does that mean the Dynamo Unit Potential gives the Potency bonus straight and only the Crit chance during those 30 seconds after a perfect evade?

Im using a Talis/Rod Multiweapon right now i. Mainly im using the Rod for Basic attacks and block, and the Deploy skills from the Talis to quickly pump out the spells or do some aoe or such. I Main Force and have Techter as Subclass, mainly to save some skillpoints in my Force Skilltree because i can get Barta Clod and Zonde-Clad and also the Talis upgrades from that tree. That and the passives that let me charge my photon blast faster. Not sure if i made the right choice here but it seemed fitting to me.

There comes another question to mind. Below the Photon Flare skill is one that shortens the charge time but also reduces the potency. Does this reduce my potency by 10 percent or do the 120% from Photon flare still apply? That would be 108% potency.

Still not sure what Great Success is though. Do i generate more enhancement EXP that way?

Correct. Great success during weapon or unit enhancement just means you got more EXP than normal from that enhancement attempt.

Also does that mean the Dynamo Unit Potential gives the Potency bonus straight and only the Crit chance during those 30 seconds after a perfect evade?

Half correct. The potency buff is active all the time but the crit rate buff gained on a perfect dodge only lasts for 30 seconds.

Here's the description of 'Dynamo Unit':

Potency +15%/ Critical Hit Rate +15% for 30 seconds after a successful Sidestep

See how the "Potency +15%" is separate from the crit buff in how it's worded?

If the potency was only activated on dodge, I believe the potential's description would have been worded like "Potency +15% and Critical Hit Rate +15% for 30 seconds after a successful Sidestep" to show that both effects activate on a dodge, rather than just the crit rate. Additionally I believe that if you check your stats you will see you have at least 15% potency, which also suggests that the potency from your weapon's potential is active all the time.

There comes another question to mind. Below the Photon Flare skill is one that shortens the charge time but also reduces the potency. Does this reduce my potency by 10 percent or do the 120% from Photon flare still apply? That would be 108% potency.

I assume all buffs stack, unless otherwise noted in the skill's description. The game also encourages Forces in one of the class tutorials that pops up to use both Photon Flare and PP conversion at the same time, leading me to believe that they should stack. Why would the game tell you to use two skills together if they didn't stack?

Hey there,

Yes, Generally speaking you have to find the item in the wild to do the quick search function. If you know the exact name of something you can search for it by price instead. And the cost isn't a bug.

If you mean sheathe wise the main weapon is what is shown on your back. The weapon you put into it only appears when you use an action related to it.

The only NGS camo that exists at this time is in the current SG scratch.

It's to corral people into farming a linear progression instead of finding the best place to farm and not drag down players.

I do not know sorry.

Because premium is premium. SG is farmable. It doesn't matter what price they put it at. People would still find a way to keep premium for awhile without spending money.

road map

@BlackZero500

As far as I'm aware, they stack, so it's 108%. But that's not the most important part.

The most important part is looking at short charge on it's own. That 10% reduction in potency is a horrendous tradeoff for 60% charge time because force in NGS is so heavily focused on uncharged techniques (which don't benefit from it at all - they only receive the 10% damage reduction). What little actually does get stronger thanks to short charge gets unnoticeably stronger (charge time is actually very minor). It's better to just not use a skill point on that skill until they buff it.

I've heard the damage reduction also impacts Talis, which doesn't charge its attacks either, so it also just makes using Talis 10% worse. This may also imply that it might (i don't know) affect photon blasts, which also can't charge, so they just become 10% worse as well.

@Knight-Raime There is at least one camo in the SG scratch pool. I think it is a rifle, Garoa's Partisan may be in there, too.

Edit: There is one camo for rifle, *Alnerro Rifle.