Battle Power is useless!

So I hopped into the UQ just with more than enough BP at level 10! I could do no damage whatsoever due to defend status of the boss meanwhile higher levels with poorer BP could be doing double my damage! Remove this stupid system and make it level req.

EDITED

I complaining because low levels who can't deal damage to the boss can enter UQ's.

Ah yes, because we totally didn't have players in Base that met level requirements but were dead weight. I can only imagine you managed to reach the BP via gear you carried over from Base. While this is an issue BP is going to scale up as time goes on. Meaning we shouldn't have this problem later on.

@Ki-Rin said in Battle Power is useless!:

So I hopped into the UQ just with more than enough BP at level 10! I could do no damage whatsoever due to defend status of the boss meanwhile higher levels with poorer BP could be doing double my damage! Remove this stupid system and make it level req.

You do know that the higher the difference in levels between you and the boss/mob the lower your damage right ? Basically if you go attack a lvl 15 at lvl 10 even if you have 1200 BP you aren't doing any damage to it because it scales. The closer you are to it the higher the damage you do even with the same BP. A lvl 15 with 1200 BP will do the right amount of damage while a lvl 10 with the same BP will do basically nothing. It's explained well in the guides and every article around.

This was done mostly to avoid the carry/leech trains.

yeah i know that was my point =P

So you’re saying if I was lvl 20 fighting a lvl 15 enemy, I could easily solo it? Seems like a horrible design, I guess the gear we use is to add an extra 1-2 damage on top of everything. XD

Well, thats one thing they should touch up on then about the system then. But because difficult open wirld monsters will exist, having a damage level limit isnt a bad thing

Yea, I think for instanced content, they have to add a minimum lvl requirement next to the BP. Or take away the dmg scaling by lvls and let your dmg be scaled based on BP. They had the right mindset about it, but probably didn't test it enough to see that certain BP gates can be crossed at earlier lvls once you had a class maxed with upgraded gear for lower lvls

@shadonic-0 i think also if they hadnt inaprpriately leveled resegir and 4* armor this wouldnt be an issue. if they bump those up to lvl12 req then it would have the same effect. the armor especially when upgraded is primarily what pushes padt 1184 bp.

@Pariah-Chan said in Battle Power is useless!:

So you’re saying if I was lvl 20 fighting a lvl 15 enemy, I could easily solo it? Seems like a horrible design

Not really. The rule of 3 has existed since the early 2000s (possibly even before then, I'm not sure) and is commonplace in MMOs. It helps players gauge whether they should be fighting something or waiting a few levels.

Sorry dude you're just bad at the game.

BP req is to prevent people from getting to level 20 but not bothering to get better gear. It's a good system. Imagine going into a TDP lobby and some dude bringing Sigma wep and brissa units. Sure he is level 100 and can join the battle, but will be doing very little to contribute.

@Ki-Rin I disagree, I think they should keep the BP system, but, they should also add a level requirement to urgent quests.

@redBadger22 That Sigma player is contributing probably as much as the currently allowed level 10 player in these UQs that has the required BP (A sight not even that uncommon by checking nearby players, probably due to a lot of people wanting to get everything to 20). A problem was traded for another and I'd like to see a level limitation too or removal of the level difference penalty in UQs else this system is actually half useless.

@redBadger22 said in Battle Power is useless!:

Sorry dude you're just bad at the game.

BP req is to prevent people from getting to level 20 but not bothering to get better gear. It's a good system. Imagine going into a TDP lobby and some dude bringing Sigma wep and brissa units. Sure he is level 100 and can join the battle, but will be doing very little to contribute.

This is not, what this thread is about. Read again

@Pariah-Chan Well thats not necessarily true. I haven't soloed a UQ yet TM, but you're BP tells you how much gear score you have, meaning it will tell you about where you are in power rankings for content. We haven't seen content above 1184 but you cannot get that with level alone. BP is increased by everything you can do in the item enhancements shop (+ 15/lvl + 3/skill point), meaning you need to have better gear to "solo" a lvl 15.

I can solo a veteran at 20/20 in about 3-5 mintues depending on my own play but it would be near impossible if I wasn't BP 1400 with nearly every stat maxed.

"Seems like a horrible design" seems like inflammatory comments. Sorry if that comes off rude but I hate it when people make assumptions and bad mouth developers when they haven't even seen or played the system themselves.

@redBadger22 wish I could like posts XD