[NGS] Vet spawns need to be looked into

I don't know what it is with the vet spawns in North Aelio, but for some reason are the veteran monsters not spawing when people are too close to their spawn locations. Not sure what else to add. Anyone who has been farming vets in North Aelio probably knows what I'm talking about.

I think the even bigger issue is that Nax Aellio veteran doesn't spawn on global

Yeah Nex Aelio should appear on Kanai Isle but a different one does instead making it the only veteran boss with 2 locations. About the veterans not spawning when players are too close I think is intentional. You just need to give them some space.

How about make sure the veterans don't walk around too much?

I remember my first time playing through the story going out to collect meat. Follow the marker and find some tames. Huh, the screen is suddenly going further back. What the he- BOOM! Laser to the face.

Obviously wilfully designed for just such an occurrence. It's sad that some developer probably get their rocks off knowing that such and eventuality would happen.

@Yggranya I know the pain, day one I saw that guy, saw Lvl 15 and ran away. It followed me, I thought I was clear and attacked some thing else, then BOOM!

@Yggranya said in [NGS] Vet spawns need to be looked into:

Obviously wilfully designed for just such an occurrence. It's sad that some developer probably get their rocks off knowing that such and eventuality would happen.

But I love Xenoblade!

If the veteran daityl (presumably, because that's the one most in the open and has the longest range laser AFAIK) really was far away from where it should have been, it's because a player lured it there and died/ran away. It's not so much an issue of it being allowed to go there in the first place, but that the AI doesn't go back to it's spawn area (fast enough) when it's done fighting. Then again, enemy chase range for trash mobs is huge. They might not have adjusted it on veterans for some reason...

@Yggranya

No fun allowed ever. The slight discomfort of getting spawned at the nearest Ryuker should be prevented at all cost and dev time as the players are taken on a gentle and safe roller coaster ride.

@Hooonter said in [NGS] Vet spawns need to be looked into:

@Yggranya

No fun allowed ever. The slight discomfort of getting spawned at the nearest Ryuker should be prevented at all cost and dev time as the players are taken on a gentle and safe roller coaster ride.

Ah, the expected answer. Anyway...

@LusterMain said in [NGS] Vet spawns need to be looked into:

@Yggranya said in [NGS] Vet spawns need to be looked into:

But I love Xenoblade!

If the veteran daityl (presumably, because that's the one most in the open and has the longest range laser AFAIK) really was far away from where it should have been, it's because a player lured it there and died/ran away. It's not so much an issue of it being allowed to go there in the first place, but that the AI doesn't go back to it's spawn area (fast enough) when it's done fighting. Then again, enemy chase range for trash mobs is huge. They might not have adjusted it on veterans for some reason...

From what i've noticed, when someone else aggroes one of those things, everyone in the vicinity suddenly registers on the bosses murder scope and you need to get really far away before it gives up, sometimes refusing to return to the normal camera view even when you're too far for it to follow you which means that the boss is still after you even though it can't reach you. Like, you're walking by, some beginner gets a surprise trip to the other side and now the boss is after you even though you were just gathering some minerals and it just refuses to go away.

Although i'm pretty sure it's not the same for all bosses, but some of them work so differently from all other enemies that it's pretty much a guarantee it's on purpose. Or maybe they only do that if someone attacks them first? Who knows.

The best way to get rid of them is to head to the nearest sector boundary - they will disappear since they cannot cross into a sector they don't originate in. (In case the distinction is not known yet, North Aelio is a sector for example).