PSO2 Worldwide release evidence

As we know, PSO2 is currently meant to release exclusively in North America (US and Canada). However it appears that the game is officially listed on the Australian Classification Board site:

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/phantasy-star-online-2

Screenshot_20200325-092436_Chrome.jpg

In addition, PSO2's privacy policy is compliant with EU privacy laws.

Hope they make the rest of the world to be able to connect to the NA servers from their region and also make purchases available in thier local region. It is rather annoying having to set location to USA, and have to jump through hoops to make purchases. Some people are getting scammed from untrustful 3rd party websites trying to get xbox live credit.

@PennilessImp749 , past games had shared servers in that manner. I think if a worldwide release were to happen it would either just be the same as how things are now (without needing to jump to hoops to download and buy stuff). If we are lucky, there may even be optional EU hosted ships. (Ship 7-10 may be hosted outside of NA...)

@Leonkh99 said in PSO2 Worldwide release evidence:

@PennilessImp749 , past games had shared servers in that manner. I think if a worldwide release were to happen it would either just be the same as how things are now (without needing to jump to hoops to download and buy stuff). If we are lucky, there may even be optional EU hosted ships. (Ship 7-10 may be hosted outside of NA...)

Part of me hoped that them releasing the game to the west was a lesson learned that they shouldn't close their borders to the rest of the world, and then the North America version just did the exact same...

@PennilessImp749 said in PSO2 Worldwide release evidence:

Hope they make the rest of the world to be able to connect to the NA servers from their region and also make purchases available in thier local region. It is rather annoying having to set location to USA, and have to jump through hoops to make purchases. Some people are getting scammed from untrustful 3rd party websites trying to get xbox live credit.

In my opinion, the ideal situation for an European release would be to have a few extra ships located in Europe while still having access to the current NA ships, so we could choose between playing in low ping ships or playing with American players (or even having characters on both EU ships and NA ships).

Didn't Australia actually have access a long time ago through the Southeast Asia region servers? I vaguely recall mention of that region actually having English text without need of a user patch.

Nice, i went looking for this info as well this morning. It will be easier for my family to get into the game too.

I'm not too sure @Ukyo-Sonoda , though "officially" the SEA version was only for South East Asia. Australian releases of SEGA's games are handled by SEGA Europe:

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP0177-ULES01439_00-GPCPHANTAS000001

SEGA Europe? But aren't Europeans afraid of most of the stuff living in Australia? ;3

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in PSO2 Worldwide release evidence:

SEGA Europe? But aren't Europeans afraid of most of the stuff living in Australia? ;3

Europe branches for any game companies handles all of Europe and Australia/New Zealand. That's how it has been for well over a decade at the least.

@Ukyo-Sonoda maplestory had australia being allowed to play GMS (global version) with no problems but region blocked rest of the world, even though it was listed as global maplestory it was actually for NA only. Australia has been renown for a few games being launched for then even when NA exclusive. It is true for their licensing through Asia is too a thing.

Yeah I heard about this too in discord. I'd be fine with it as long as they keep it all in one game. I mean, I don't want EU/Other server(s) just to have english speaking servers split and fragmented across the community.