[NGS] Body Type Syncing Setting From 1 and 2

Hi guys! I just wanted to say I absolutely love the character creation... but there's one thing I'd like to see in a future update... I want a setting to sync/unsync body types 1 and 2. Reasoning: An old-type (OT)-body type 1(male) that looks healthy-slim turns into a VERY anorexic-looking OT-body type 2(female). I'd like to have a healthy-slim looking male character and a healthy-slim looking female character in the same character slot. However, we are unable to do that because there is no way to unsync body types 1 and 2. Thank you for reading this and I hope you consider my suggestion for PSO2: New Genesis.

@DaringDragon024 said in [NGS] Body Type Syncing Setting From 1 and 2:

Hi guys! I just wanted to say I absolutely love the character creation... but there's one thing I'd like to see in a future update... I want a setting to sync or unsync body types 1 and 2. Reasoning: An old-type body type 1(male) that looks healthy-slim turns into a VERY anorexic-looking body type 2(female). I'd like to have a healthy-slim looking male character and a healthy-slim looking female character in the same character slot. However, we are unable to do that because there is no way to unsync body types 1 and 2. Thank you for reading this and I hope you consider my suggestion for PSO2: New Genesis.

Never mind, I re-read this. There's already a de-synch option for body types, perhaps this could be extended onto what already exists.

Old type and new have a de-synch option, have you tried this yet? Old type, and new type switch, always results in New type looking anorexic, because of how the old type sliders work.

@Anarchy-Marine Yes, I have that sync option disabled between OT and NT. I kept humanoid and CAST sync enabled though.

@DaringDragon024 Ah, ok. Yeah, you have to manually edit the new type now, while leaving the old type alone. Both should operate separately now. It's also funny going back from a new type, to an old type, because your character ends up looking like they have thunder thighs, or are very large in general.

Still, the system of synch, and de-synch could use some tweaking, and improvements. It is however a pretty good system already. I had to shut off the synch after I noticed this, in case I go back to play the remastered story cutscenes, and it's working fine now. I switch back and fourth with little to no difference in size.

@Anarchy-Marine I agree! The character creation for New Genesis is amazing.

Also, I suppose I should clarify that I was testing between OT-Body Type 1 and OT-Body Type 2. Going between NT Body Type 1 and NT Body Type 2 seems to be alright. But going from OT-Body Type 1 to equipping an OT-Body Type 2 outfit looks really... well... I already explained. ^^'

@DaringDragon024 said in [NGS] Body Type Syncing Setting From 1 and 2:

@Anarchy-Marine I agree! The character creation for New Genesis is amazing.

Also, I suppose I should clarify that I was testing between OT-Body Type 1 and OT-Body Type 2. Going between NT Body Type 1 and NT Body Type 2 seems to be alright. But going from OT-Body Type 1 to equipping an OT-Body Type 2 outfit looks really... well... I already explained. ^^'

Perhaps that's because those outfits weren't originally designed for this unisex setup. Also, the old type bodies are locked into each other, the same way new type bodies are. I dont think they could de-synch that without causing an issue somewhere else. Might be worth a try though I guess.

@Anarchy-Marine Hmmm... you might not be wrong about the unsync causing an issue somewhere else. But I also agree that it would be worth a try.

All of my sliders for my character's bodies are different, but I have both syncs turned off, so maybe that is causing it for you. I also had to go into the salon and manually edit and save with each body type at least once to get them to be different, trying to edit multiple body types at once by switching between then in a single salon visit would only save the body type you have up when you exit the salon.