Game is overly difficult to earn meseta if you are free to play.

Since the removal of Personal Shop tickets, meseta has been harder than ever to make for f2p players. The amount of money you make for converting equipment into meseta in NGS is nothing at all compared to selling it on the Personal shop. Also, since weekly missions aren't character based, (they are now account based.) This makes it even harder than it already is to make meseta. With this change, trying to upgrade equipment becomes extremely difficult for f2p players. Either add a way to earn Personal Shop tickets again or make Personal shop free for everyone. I am not sure if this will even reach the feedback team, but thanks for reading regardless. Hopefully a change will come soon, because I think this is a huge problem for the games health and longevity.

I would add more detail but my phone is at 2%

the weekly meseta + daily alpha reactors feels like enough money to upgrade your gear easily...anybody with a +40 3-4* and 3 + 40 3-4* armor should now have around 300k+ meseta or he/she done something wrong

my friend for example has 1300+ bp and 1.2m meseta left using (pretty lucky drop) a 4* weapon with lv 4 potency and 3 3* units without using original pso2 gear because she never played it and just followed my suggestions on what to upgrade and what exactly to use....upgrading 3* is not only less expansive btw it also allows for easier to obtain high end extra skills - wich make those weapons better than a 4* without them and cheaper to upgrade

did you use gold primm swords only for upgrade? costs you less meseta to get your weapon to +40

as for the personal shop i am totally with you - it should not be a premium only thing in the first place - i hated it in the old pso2 and i hate it now...it doesn feel like an anti RMT measure either....and i see it rarely being used in other games

Dont worry this early in the game meseta is hard for everyone atm outside of the daily/weekly quests (unless get really lucky with a great drop or some other such). That said not having shop access to sell anything at all would be a pain I agree.

Maybe non-premium users could just have a low sale slot limit or such? Like 3 items or something? Could this break the game potentially, and would there still be incentive for buying premium?

@Doom-Smack The only reason I plan for buying premium is so i can use personal shop again in ngs and pso2. I'm pretty sure allowing everyone access to personal shop won't break the game because in base pso2 you could get personal shop tickets rather easily for free.

its not more easy to get it if you pay for now as well.

@xEMPEROR-LANDOx said in Game is overly difficult to earn meseta if you are free to play.:

@Doom-Smack The only reason I plan for buying premium is so i can use personal shop again in ngs and pso2. I'm pretty sure allowing everyone access to personal shop won't break the game because in base pso2 you could get personal shop tickets rather easily for free.

That’s wasn’t the case to begin with, despite global essentially getting ep 1, 2, and 3 at the same time, getting those free shops to begin with was pretty hard to get.

Excubes took a lot of AQ farming to get enough photon boosters, to swap for 11* weapons to them swap for enough excubes which you could then use for fun scratches, and this is what you needed on top of what you needed for affixing. Things got a little bit easier with the Magatsu UQ, but that was still heavily timegated. It wasn’t until we got the solo PD triggers that we were able to farm excubes in a high enough quantity to make the shop passes easy to get.

Weekly meseta can be arguably enough to satisfy your needs for weapon upgrades, and most rares are easy to get. The problem is kind of with the fixa system and how getting 4* with level 4-5 fixa has very low chance of happening. Usually low chance drops aren't such a big deal if players can trade them, but obviously F2P will be too far behind in meseta making without relying on player shops. They won't be able to exchange rare fixas for weapons they don't want for meseta to buy the rare fixas they want, and similar thing will go for affixes like selling precision 3 to fund might 3. F2P should still be able to keep a limited amount of shop slots active without tickets, which while more limited than the previous FUN scratch system would be also less annoying.

It's a pretty big deal overall. It's like some gacha games where people roll for characters aiming for certain ones, but the chance of getting those is very small. If you give them the possibility of exchanging those they don't want with other players with different preferences, then suddenly obtaining what they want becomes much more reasonable.

How personal shop access works in NGS definitely needs to be changed. I tolerated it in PSO2 because shop tickets were available.
I would really like to hear Sega's reasoning for removing the tickets, though they'd probably tell us it was to combat RMT. That probably is true to some degree, but I would guess that most of the reason was to drive the purchase of AC and/or premium sales.

If shop tickets don't ever return, it will be interesting to see if weeklies provide enough cashflow for F2P to afford cosmetics and equipment upgrades.

@Xaelon With the way various shop items prices has inflated since I last played base PSO2, which honestly, was some time ago, I see this as very doubtful.

Starting anew on PSO2 with my Epic Account, it took me about a week to even get Shifta / Deband because the prices were so absurd on the shops. Talking 250k - 500k for level 10 discs, and they simply were not dropping anywhere. I was level 55 before I saw a single shifta or deband drop.

Of course, this is small fries compared to anything you might be interested in late game. But, for a new, f2p player, incredibly frustrating to have something as simple as Shifta and Deband meseta-gated.

Personally I am someone that was F2P mostly, I occasionally spent money on AC for Mag Tickets, Storage Expansion, Premium and AC scratch once or twice.

I would probably not put money into the game knowing that once premium (shop usage) runs out, the player shop then becomes closed off. The 3 day shop tickets were not only useful for F2P players, but also people that like to be a bit more diverse with their spending. It allowed a no pressure option for not consistently paying, which in turn gives a reason for buying items like Mag Tickets, since you could get AC and spend it without worrying about shop access.

I am still holding out that they might add a free shop ticket later on, and are possibly restricting it while the game is fresh. Hard to say whether it is the right decision as a company, but doesn't seem like restricting it forever will be great for the player base.

with the lack of free shop passes i agree.atleast give f2p players 3 slots. i'm usually running around with premium, but with the benefits given by NGS i'll reconsider. it's just not worth it to pay a price a proper sub based game is asking for, but giving nothing back in return, besides small features.

premium is lacking, everyone can agree on that, thus we shouldn't further cripple the community by locking out players from simple gaming features like selling items on the market.

one more thing to take in to account is the content we got now for the most parts will last up for the winter update. so we look at 6 month here. there be time to farm cash.

@samsaralotus They could increase the BP requirements for Defense and Trigger missions that are coming up, forcing people to farm and spend meseta to upgrade. I'm 98% confident the majority of the population are not at 1300-1400 BP. Sega could make that the entry requirement

@JuggernautGTX said in Game is overly difficult to earn meseta if you are free to play.:

the weekly meseta + daily alpha reactors feels like enough money to upgrade your gear easily...anybody with a +40 3-4* and 3 + 40 3-4* armor should now have around 300k+ meseta or he/she done something wrong

my friend for example has 1300+ bp and 1.2m meseta left using (pretty lucky drop) a 4* weapon with lv 4 potency and 3 3* units without using original pso2 gear because she never played it and just followed my suggestions on what to upgrade and what exactly to use....upgrading 3* is not only less expansive btw it also allows for easier to obtain high end extra skills - wich make those weapons better than a 4* without them and cheaper to upgrade

It's easier to get meseta on that first character or characters on the same ship. Now, try to make a character without any handouts after the first.

It's hard to justify spending meseta progressively upgrading to new equipment when you get them since your resources are pathetically limited and you can get 1184 BP with lackluster stuff equipped. Not much of an upgrade if you don't have the money to unlock potential and limit break for higher rarity equipment, so you're better off just using tzvia weapon till you get rank 4, since upgrading it is cheaper and easier anyway. Primm armor and weapons would work just as well (oh yeah, i forgot the crazy amount limit breaking costs, so no dice). Having to postpone it all and save your resources for rank 4 to get anything done or just drop the game and wait for weekly reset is just terrible designing.