What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?

@ShinoKoba said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

Uh ...no...the dragon I mean is the one you fight in the forest the first time with the 2 (then later 3 ) NPC, Nex Vera. I call the one that has 6-8 arms the teapot (first time I heard calling it that was from my alliance GM XD ) basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B18r7Ydfnfk

lol oh wow I totally misunderstood then sorry - yeah nex with his weakpoints on the side that opens n closes ><

@Doom-Smack said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

@ShinoKoba said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

Uh ...no...the dragon I mean is the one you fight in the forest the first time with the 2 (then later 3 ) NPC, Nex Vera. I call the one that has 6-8 arms the teapot (first time I heard calling it that was from my alliance GM XD ) basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B18r7Ydfnfk

lol oh wow I totally misunderstood then sorry - yeah nex with his weakpoints on the side that opens n closes ><

I should solo Nex to see if I can find out all there is about it and find more was to beat it.

I was told you can break next Vera (the dragon) wings in the first phase, but not the 2nd, after he grows more heads they won't break again. For the UQ crystal (pettas) if you want just say "break wings?" After they appear, And that usually will get ppl to help me or I'll help them. I also don't care about the wings if it's a bunch of ranged players, but I'll still help if someone asks. On main topic though, the feet are generally the best bet nowadays, aside from obvious weak points when they open up.

Just try to stay consistent, like always left foot, or always right X.

On Nex Vera and Nex Aelio, each wing is breakable in both phases but they seem to receive a hp multiplier during phase 2 when they "regrow" which makes it harder to break them during phase 2. Successfully breaking both them does cause an extended physical down with exposed core.

Another thing about Nex Vera is that breaking the fireballs deals a massive amount of damage to the respective head. Breaking the mainhead's fireball deals about 5% of Nex's max hp (~24k with 8 pcs) and 2.5% (~12k for 8 pcs) for each of the secondary heads fireballs.

As for Pettas Vera, due to the presence of all the uplifters and the fact that it moves less when doing the floating bit attacks than it does on the ground, most groups actually do more damage without attacking the backpack/wings than if they break it.

I've never broken its wings twice so thats kool I guess. I prefer fighting pettas in the air because I can counter everything, but some melee people like him on the ground so I don't mind either way.

@killa-shroomz said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I've never broken its wings twice so thats kool I guess.

Each wing can only be broken once per fight and will stay in tatters after appearing to "regrow" at the start of red phase if broken in blue phase. I apologize for any confusion I caused with my wording that makes it sound like you can break the wings once per phase.

Hey my bad maybe I read it wrong. I just like how it keeps cracking around to "how to kill the bosses" and not which part to mark, though they do go together pretty importantly so. The ranger can lead an errant/new group with blight rounds so.

The makeup of your party and consistency with part marked I think matter the most.

@killa-shroomz said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I just like how it keeps cracking around to "how to kill the bosses" and not which part to mark, though they do go together pretty importantly so. The ranger can lead an errant/new group with blight rounds so.

Well if we had Bind Bullet, Blinding Shot, Panic Shot or Jellen Shot in addition to Blight Rounds we might have more to talk about. With only Blight Rounds the situation comes down to "what is the target points gets the most benefit of +20%/+25% damage taken?" which come down to weak points, breakable parts and parts that inflict downs.

Fastest runs on Pettas ignore breaking the back crystals, regardless of group composition. When you WB a foot, do it on the Pettas' LEFT foot. Pettas leads with its right foot when using a lot of attacks, so that foot tends to move around a lot more than the left.

Nex Veras' breakable parts will slightly modify its attack patterns once broken. Broken wings means it won't do the spinning tail attacks while flying. Broken tail supposedly decreases the radius of the spinning tail attacks. Not sure what breaking the heads accomplishes, though I have heard it decreases the damage done by fireball/fire breath attacks from the broken head.

Ultimately, you're better off focusing the same weak spot as everyone else for the fastest run. WB an easily attachable spot / exposed weak point and go ham.

So... Generally you should aim for the weakest point that is reachable by the biggest Damage dealers in that moment. That basically means the legs till its down then the exposed weak point, but several weak points are rechable and damagable from the start so if they are hit them or their protective covering. If the mob has no weak points then I'd go for break points as break points usually mean greater rewards/drop rates.

That being said, the proper tactic for the way the game is designed and team play is that you should target the place the Tank (hunter) is targeting. This allows them to keep up with or accel over what the DD is doing which in turn helps them keep aggro which also allows them to focus more on parrying and such than on going through their attack rotation....

Of course almost no one is playing the game in this proper manner so even though it might be required later on to play correctly in some event to take something down, it is pretty unlikely, because SEGA never commits to designing things around the classic trinity gameplay style. They build up mechanics that are definitely designed to do it and put you in situations where it should be helpful, but they never make the skills and such needed to do it make sense to do it. For example Force and Techer are meant to be the equivs of a White/Black mage and a Red Mage... or Magic Healer/DD and Buff/Debuffer, but they have not given them a bigger pool of Resta, PP, explained this, or given really any adequate control of Buffs/Debuffs. So even though I should be seeing Forces in the mid-range constantly using AoE Resta to keep everyone alive and Techers constantly laying down the Dmg/Def up tech which would allow people to focus and do the most damage that doesn't ever happen... and I don't blame those players who don't do that because the game has taught them to do that or even made that very feasible... 10 resta to heal the entire party is kinda nonsensical when you realize that's the strategy you're "supposed to use" given the mechanics.

@Durakken said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

That being said, the proper tactic for the way the game is designed and team play is that you should target the place the Tank (hunter) is targeting. This allows them to keep up with or accel over what the DD is doing which in turn helps them keep aggro which also allows them to focus more on parrying and such than on going through their attack rotation....

There really isn't any need to as long as they are using Warcry on cooldown. A x2 hate multiplier on a non-weakpoint point beats out the x1.875 multiplier of attacking a reinforced blighted weakpoint.

@ultimatecalibur You don't "need" it but its one of those things that it's basically how thats "supposed" to work and not every Hunter/Tank is capable of maintaining hate as well as everyone else so you can make up the gap with that. The other use for it is to be a way to control DD burst damage a small bit.

You don't "need" it but its one of those things that it's basically how thats "supposed" to work

Actually it is the opposite. The combat is "supposed" to work by ranged classes doing less damage per attack than melee classes but make up for it with increased sustained damage with nearly equal effective damage due to much greater access to weakpoints.

and not every Hunter/Tank is capable of maintaining hate as well as everyone else so you can make up the gap with that.

So skilled Gunners, Forces, Rangers and Talis Techers are supposed to handcap themselves to make up for underperforming melee? That is just wrong.

@ultimatecalibur Rangers are supposed to be Proccing the main and AoEing mobs around the enemy. Gunners are supposed to be going around and eliminating stray mobs. Forces are supposed to be Heal and Heavy DD. Techer is supposed to be Buff/Debuff(not there right now). Hunter is supposed to be tank. and Fighter is supposed to be DD

This is just their primary roles and obviously don't have to play like this, but looking at their mechanics you can deduce this is how they're "meant" to be played, but the benefits/detriments of playing or not playing like this aren't extreme enough to really matter, at least not at the moment.

You also don't have to play like because you can do other roles with most of the classes if you're good enough to use them that way. It's just that mechanically they look to not supposed to be used that way. For example, a Hunter who can't keep up with hate is not underperforming with the way people are playing. You get hate by damage but they're not the top damage dealers. They have nothing to increase their damage but counter, which is a pretty high skilled thing to do on an online game. We see that they are almost strictly about being a tanky class. But we also see that their hate generation is going to fall below what it should be for that role and so we look and see what other mechanics there and look at how the system looks like it is all supposed to come together to find that that "extra" hate and "underperforming" is coming from other classes not fulfilling their roles.

Let's use Force as an example. If I'm saying Force's role is a Healer, what does that mean... It means basically they are supposed to be running around grabbing resta, throwing a charged tech out between, and putting heals down when the other party members get hit/die. While they're doing this, they are not generating hate via attacking so the ability of the Tank to generate hate goes up. The Hunter and all other roles aren't having to take a sec to use a resta so they keep generating hate and their rotations aren't broken so they are doing more damage and generating more hate.

Ranger should be sniping those weak point and getting those unreachable so they should be doing damage regardless or they're doing AoE which keeps the battle in front of the melee people clear and the weak bullet on point to increase damage by allowing melees to keep doing their rotation without interference and increasing overall damage

Gunner should be clearing out enemies around the melee which again keeps the more powerful DD's rotation up, but also they should be working with the Forces to keep them safe while running around picking up restas and killing adds around them so they can charge, heal, etc without issue. This again lowers hate, increases drops, and increases overall damage.

Techers are basically just supposed to buff and debuff while doing mid-level damage and protecting themselves which if they do correctly adds more damage over and causes hate generation to be on the right person.

Fighters are pretty much supposed to go all out and do as much damage as possible which should be pretty high if they're getting buffed and playing right which should be countered by Hunter controlling where mob is, parrying which becomes all that much easier when hate is controlled and people aren't just spreading it out through playing like brutes, which should raise dmg overall.

This is what the mechanics I see say you should play I think. I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter because to play this way requires people to not just brute force the game and Sega to not make this almost impossible to do with how on the edge of focus you need to be to play this way consistently you need to be so whatevers. Just mash the buttons ^.^ All the mobs will die eventually.

Let's use Force as an example. If I'm saying Force's role is a Healer, what does that mean... It means basically they are supposed to be running around grabbing resta, throwing a charged tech out between, and putting heals down when the other party members get hit/die. While they're doing this, they are not generating hate via attacking so the ability of the Tank to generate hate goes up. The Hunter and all other roles aren't having to take a sec to use a resta so they keep generating hate and their rotations aren't broken so they are doing more damage and generating more hate.

I think you need to reexamine the Force. Techer is the healer that you describe not Force. The Force's play style is ranged elemental damage to inflict element downs and break parts. Techs will break parts but they will not inflict physical downs.

Also Restas do not interrupt rotations so everyone should be using them when they need them rather than waiting for a Force or Techer to create an AoE resta area.

Gunner should be clearing out enemies around the melee which again keeps the more powerful DD's rotation up, but also they should be working with the Forces to keep them safe while running around picking up restas and killing adds around them so they can charge, heal, etc without issue. This again lowers hate, increases drops, and increases overall damage.

But currently neither Pettas Vera nor Nex Vera has adds so the GU's primary roll in those fights is sustained DD.

Gunners also have an optimal distance of [b]close range[/b] with TMGs which is a 20% increase in their damage. They should be no where near long range classes like Force and should be upclose with the Hunters and Fighters where they should be hitting things the other close range classes have trouble hitting.

Techers are basically just supposed to buff and debuff while doing mid-level damage and protecting themselves which if they do correctly adds more damage over and causes hate generation to be on the right person.

Techers are supposed to be the primary healers and buffers as well as a secondary source of elemental downs. Techers have 40% stronger and AoE heals from Restasignes and will autoapply Shifta/Deband to those they revive with a Reversasigne. All their buffs will automatically apply to all members of their party no matter where they are on the map so everyone in theory should be benefiting from them equally not just the tank.

This is what the mechanics I see say you should play I think. I could be wrong, but it doesn't matter because to play this way requires people to not just brute force the game and Sega to not make this almost impossible to do with how on the edge of focus you need to be to play this way consistently you need to be so whatevers. Just mash the buttons ^.^ All the mobs will die eventually.

It would also help if players would not perpetuate the brute force Fighter and Hunter centric "Foot fetish" meta and would actually play intelligently.