What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?

One annoying thing about playing a Ranger main is when there are multiple of us in a group, very frequently there seems to be a contest about which body part of a boss should be marked when the boss isn't down and their weakness spot isn't exposed.

For those don't know what I'm talking about: Ranger's signature move is Blight Rounds (mark), when applied to a target spot of an enemy, all damage done to that specific target spot is increased by 20%. This "mark" is visible by all players in the vicinity and is indicated by a dark orange/red-ish circle that surrounds your target circle and is also sometimes colored purple. Only one mark can be applied to one target spot of one enemy per party, and can be overwritten by applying another mark from any of the Rangers.

So, I would like to ask you two questions: Which body part of a UQ boss do you want marked when the boss isn't exposing one of their obvious weakness spots?

1. On Nex Vera: Do you want one of the feet, head, wings marked or first mark the tail? Some people don't care about cutting the tail and just want to dish out as much damage as possible to a more convenient spot such as the feet.

2. On Pettas Vera: Do you want the feet marked? Or don't mark feet and just go all out on the chest? Also, some people like to hit the backside (the wings) during the second phase. Usually what I do is if I see a weakspot underneath the kneecap I mark exclusively there.

I would like to hear about your input and will righteously mark the spot accordingly despite if other Rangers attempt to mess it up.

There is no general consensus as far as I'm aware. Breakable parts are generally more advantageous, but if you feel that the MPA is struggling to reach them you can move it to a place that is easier to hit. Place your blight rounds wherever you think they will cause the fight to finish the fastest.

... I know that answer kinda sucks. If you want a better one, you should ask the MPA before the UQ starts. Or, for a more general answer, prioritize easier to reach parts, as most melee players that aren't using wired lance are probably going to struggle to reach them otherwise.

Depends on the fight really and what your group consists of IMHO

Pettas Vera

• If you're melee heavy then pick a foot and mark it until the weak spot is exposed. When he flies into the air keep an eye out for the yellow glow and swap your mark to that crystal during P2. Keep it on that weak point from that point forward.

• If you're range heavy typically mark his chest then repeat what I said above about the crystal/weak point.

Nex Vera

• Same as in Pettas Vera, melee can only reliably stick to his feet until he's vulnerable. Be sure to swap to vulnerable points as they become available.

• When range heavy it doesn't really matter outside of vulnerability phases at all. Wings are usually your best bet as the head and tail will move a lot and his feet can be obscured by terrain at times. However, breaking his tail and such will still stagger him so it's still a viable option if people are paying attention.

That's just my 2 cents anyway. BTW I hate formatting.

On nox his feet are a safe bet. I try to break the tail too. His yellow bits when you can of course.

On pettas I always go for his chest, so while he's moving all over you can do a foot if you feel like being nice. You can see one of his parts will glow after the crystals form to show you which part his weak spot is under. Aim for that when you see it till he dies.

They are your rounds, but thanks for caring and sharing. The parts that will give everyone the most damage is what you aim for. You can sort of lead a group to attack your marked target.

I don't even care, they can put it where ever. Some people still don't even know to break Petta Vera's wings, in his second phase, so it won't be lasering you so much, making it easier for everyone else.

And everyone just doesn't stop Nex from Flying around too much, they just attack where ever, like only 3 people break off its tail. Literally no one pops the bubbles before they explode, which stuns Nex and damages him. They just run away from it. Flying is annoy already but people like it harder.

@Theria said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I don't even care, they can put it where ever. Some people still don't even know to break Petta Vera's wings, in his second phase, so it won't be lasering you so much, making it easier for everyone else.

And everyone just doesn't stop Nex from Flying around too much, they just attack where ever, like only 3 people break off its tail. Literally no one pops the bubbles before they explode, which stuns Nex and damages him. They just run away from it. Flying is annoy already but people like it harder.

I didn't even know the wings could be broken....
I did notice the tail get broken when I did it in the story....

And that the energy balls were targetable in the one time I joined for the urgent quest and figured that was a good target, particularly after I saw the color changing and the effect it had when we did enough damage.

I always target the tail first on the dragon (and god keeping the target on spot is kinda a pain when it moves a lot) I always try to pop the 3 bubbles, sometimes one goes fast so I try the other ...but usually won't make it in time and I get hit (tho usually by that time at least 2 are popped so the damage is not that much). The only time I run away is when he does the big aoe. Then switch to either wings or the head, obviously switch to the "generator" when is out and on P2 it stays out longer but not many keep it hitting it. On the other I hit chest first then kneecap when it's exposed. Unlike the Dragon doesn't have many weak spots.

@Theria said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I don't even care, they can put it where ever. Some people still don't even know to break Petta Vera's wings, so it won't be lasering you so much, making it easier for everyone else.

And everyone just doesn't stop Nex from Flying around too much, they just attack where ever, like only 3 people break off its tail. Literally no one pops the bubbles before they explode, which stuns Nex and damages him. They just run away from it.

Yeah, the wings can be broken, Idk how strong the wings is on Nex, with his second form. But when Petta Vera gets his wings, he likes to float around and laser you, so clipping his wings stops him from doing that. I'm guess Nex's wings can be destroyed as well, keep him on the ground

I do know Petta's Wings can because I've destroyed them 4 times now. Got sick of the lasers and trying to fly up all day.

I tried Pettas wings in second phase once but no one wanted to lol, so they do break? Is it worth over going straight for the covered weak spot.

You can't target the covered spot, you can target it only when it opens. It's just on the 2nd phase doesn't close immediately so you can still target it and damage it. In fact might Down him faster.

@ShinoKoba said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

You can't target the covered spot, you can target it only when it opens. It's just on the 2nd phase doesn't close immediately so you can still target it and damage it. In fact might Down him faster.

Hmm I think we are talking about different bosses, I meant the UQ version. I may be totally messed up with boss names Im terrible with names.

@Doom-Smack said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I tried Pettas wings in second phase once but no one wanted to lol, so they do break? Is it worth over going straight for the covered weak spot.

Keeping him on the ground means more hits, from everyone. Melee would be able to attack him better, so grounding him means more dps and faster kill, since he's not able to float up anymore and all of those annoying add on lasers are out of the way.

I meant the UQ with the dragon, the one you have to actually reach him killing all the mobs/bosses first. And yeah ... I'm the same about names XD. I've never targeted the wings on the laser/missiles one tho...only the chest or kneecap.

@ShinoKoba said in What body part do you want Rangers to mark on UQ bosses?:

I meant the UQ with the dragon, the one you have to actually reach him killing all the mobs/bosses first. And yeah ... I'm the same about names XD. I've never targeted the wings on the laser/missiles one tho...only the chest or kneecap.

Ya I know the one you mean, with the 6 or 8 arms that he opens n closes alot right, gotta wait for it open before you can land blight (I do miss the blight ring from base game) and there is indeed one as you go through first part of dragon UQ, good point.

The other one that forms crystals in second phase, as @killa-shroomz said earlier there is a "tell" to know which of the 3 locations his weak point is behind (yellow flash for a couple seconds when second phase starts) from either of the legs or the chest. I usually just go for that but may try his back wings I havent actually seen them taken down yet.

Uh ...no...the dragon I mean is the one you fight in the forest the first time with the 2 (then later 3 ) NPC, Nex Vera. I call the one that has 6-8 arms the teapot (first time I heard calling it that was from my alliance GM XD ) basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B18r7Ydfnfk

While this is the one I usually hit the chest or kneecap: https://youtu.be/MlR6DBgr9G0?t=131