Techter Discussion

@aders79 I terms of defensive stats it doesn't matter one bit. In terms of Offensive stats you focus on Melee Power while also adding some Tech Power

@Cathy okay great than k you

what stats should i focus on for my mag when playing techter/hunter

Melee Power

@Cathy how is the techer/bouncer

@Kydarisen1 From Cathy's Techter Guide:

"Techter / Bouncer - Dex Mag Recommended

This is an old niche hybrid build that isn’t a very viable playstyle as it's more of a lifestyle with how much effort you need to put into it to be even decent with it. It requires you to use the Weapon Extending system in order to make Jet Boots and Dual Blades equipable with Techter however this is a huge money sink and a nightmare on your Sub Palettes. The Japanese player Ray is infamous for being pretty much the last Te/Bo who performs relatively well with the class combo however I wouldn’t recommend playing this combo myself."

@Kydarisen1 Ye unfortunately Bouncer isn't that good of a subclass. Even if you only consider using Wand & Talis, The weak passive stance forces you to element match, which is fine on Techter, but the strong active stance requires you to attack breakable parts. It unfortunately doesn't work on broken parts and broken parts usually receive extra damage so its kinda a bummer that you need your weaker stance on what are supposed to be weak points. Even before Bouncer came out 6 years ago people were predicting that the Stances weren't a good Idea and Break Stance D Bonus had to be released later as a band-aid solution so that Soaring Blades don't have to use Elemental Stance and a good portion of Break Stance applied to non-breakable parts (however this is main class only).

Then there is Shifta Air Attack Boost which is a fine skill esp. nowadays where Techter can attack in the air without losing altitude with each swing. Deband Attack PP Restorate is pretty alright too but not that big of a deal. Heal Sharing and Healing Bonus are weaker/gimmicky versions of Advanced Resta and even Advanced Resta isn't that good of a skill so those see little use. Once Crafting comes out Bouncer will receive a Crafting mastery Skill that adds 10% stats onto crafted Weapons & Units. You pretty much never use Crafted weapons unless you're doing the Techter equipable Jet Boots & Soaring Blades i mentioned in my guide.

Crit Field and Elemental PP Restorate Field are probably the two skills you looked at and went "why not Te/Bo?" but i urge you to check out the Skill Ring Shop at Franka's Café. Those two Skills can be obtained on any class combo you want although one at a time. Crit Field is easily the more valueable Skill as it actually helps you and your allies deal more Damage. Currently only Fighter, Gunner and Summoner care about critical hits but once Super Augments come out, everyone will want to deal critical damage.

Is there any way to run Techter as main with Force as Sub? I dont see anything for it anywhere. ;-;

@IzakayaBomber It's not recommended, Force is the second worst subclass in the game.

@IzakayaBomber said in Techter Discussion:

Is there any way to run Techter as main with Force as Sub? I dont see anything for it anywhere. ;-;

Te/Fo is fine. You'll want to use Talis though instead of Wand. If you go wand, you'll want to use one of the melee classes as sub.

@coldreactive said in Techter Discussion:

Te/Fo is fine. You'll want to use Talis though instead of Wand.

I want to use Talis anyway are there any skill tree links for this anywhere?

I want to use Talis anyway are there any skill tree links for this anywhere?

Force Subclass skill tree is the same as having force as main. Photon Flare works on Techer main.

@coldreactive No, it's not. You lose access to Element Convert, so that is a large loss of damage.

i also just noticed the talis attack speed increase is with force as a main class. which sucks. Also im not all about the dmg with this class so i dont mind I wanna be actually just a stat buffer and status caster if possible. so i guess i shouldnt care too much about the talis speed.

Te/Fo is not fine and please stop telling people it is.

Te elements are balanced around having strong base damage but lackluster Multipliers

Fo elements are balanced around having lackluster base damage but strong Multipliers

This is why Fo/Te works and Te/Fo doesn't

Using Fo elements on Te/Fo is garbage and Fo only offers 33% damage to Te elements (60% if using Talis which have lower Tec than wands). Meanwhile Fighter offers 54% to both and 76% to both if you know how to TAPA (Tech Arts Perfect Attack) regardless of what weapon you chose.

And that's not to mention Talis normal attacks are horrible for PP recovery and Force doesn't offer any Melee damage multipliers. There are no PP batteries in NA either and from a distance its gonna be hard to support your allies considering most classes in this games are melee or fight at melee range. It's just a build that doesn't work.