PSO Raids

I'm someone who's played WoW, FFXIV, and PSO for a very long time, and the best content I ever experienced in the former two games were Raids. PSO2 never really had content comparable to traditional raids in other games. Some UQ's sorta came close, but never with the same amount of stakes or feeling of reward. With no limits on deaths (except for very few instances), no real way to fail a lot of the UQ's, and no large challenging group based content you really had to buckle down and spend a couple hours on, most of the rewards I ever got in PSO rarely felt "earned" to me.

In New Genesis, I'd like to see this change. I know this is very unlikely, but with the right kind of boss and in between trash mechanics I think it could really work out well. The way bosses work now, you dont really need a traditional "Tank" role. Upping the ante to a point where revives are limited and everyone just needs to focus on their own positioning, health, damage, etc. or else face more serious consequences I feel like could work pretty well. Especially in an environment where people had more time to commit and had to really work together to best a boss. I'm essentially talking about a system that directly competes with UQ's, which is why I dont really see this happening, but I cant help but absolutely yearn for a more traditional style raid in PSO.

A traditional style raid would also help keep engagement between content drops. Give people something to keep coming back to that isn't just dailies or a 15 minute UQ. Something you could dedicate long stretches of time to and give you something to really work toward and look forward to. I know New Genesis just launched and to expect tons of content is (eh partially) unrealistic, but I'm really thinking more towards the future. A lack of any real lasting raid content is why I kept falling off JP PSO2.

TLDR; I want raid like content with lots of players and multiple bosses that have a fail condition that you cant just revive spam through and require coordination and a lengthier amount of time then 15 minutes tops to complete.

raids won't work in PSO2 NGS because PSO2 doesn't have the traditional class system, here all classes are focused in 1 thing only that is to deal damage and the combat is chaotic so traditional raids are out of the question because the coordination, positioning and knowledge of the fight won't work with the combat style used in PSO2.

Also raids take a lot of time to do then and players of PSO2 are focused in doing the fight fast if not the pile of corpses just keep getting bigger for running out of healings even more in NGS that limits the heals even more, so any kind of raid for PSO2 needs to be short and fast to do.

@Jamesmor said in PSO Raids:

raids won't work in PSO2 NGS because PSO2 doesn't have the traditional class system

Thats what I was alluding to when I said there isnt a traditional "tank" role. There doesnt need to be. Raids in PSO could be designed in a way that focuses more on player positioning and self maintenance.

traditional raids are out of the question because the coordination, positioning and knowledge of the fight won't work with the combat style used in PSO2

I disagree. There are lots of fights in base that require you to have proper positioning and knowledge of the fight less risk getting offed. Focusing more on that type of combat in a raid setting could work very well.

Also raids take a lot of time to do then and players of PSO2 are focused in doing the fight fast

Which I agree, and is exactly what I was asking for. I'm not sure how many players would be interested in longer content, but I cant possibly be the only one. As for healing, safe areas between boss fights are one solution off the top of my head. A little rest and shop area just like the ones in endless quests from base that allow people to restock and prepare.

I think its very possible. Likely? no. But possible.

@Somnus said in PSO Raids:

I'm someone who's played WoW, FFXIV, and PSO for a very long time, and the best content I ever experienced in the former two games were Raids.

Raids: they are what they are and you are free to enjoy them, but the playerbase is mostly the scum of the earth.

Don't lose hope though. When the developers eventually designate something as "challenging", or when the playerbase decide something is, you'll get the same old circle jerk(off) of people with something to prove. Of course anyone outside the circle is a casual who needs to "git gud" and they love telling everyone how they're the bestest and everything is the casuals fault, especially the fact that they rush through content designed specifically for them (and raids take a lot of time to design. Wasted time, wasted effort) in chase of rewards and have nothing to do so the developers need to drop everything and make more raids. RIGHT NOW!!!

So, let's try to avoid that experience, shall we? Anyway, only you know if you are one of these....people, so i'm sure you have nothing to feel offended about.

@Yggranya said in PSO Raids:

@Somnus said in PSO Raids:

I'm someone who's played WoW, FFXIV, and PSO for a very long time, and the best content I ever experienced in the former two games were Raids.

Raids: they are what they are and you are free to enjoy them, but the playerbase is mostly the scum of the earth.

Don't lose hope though. When the developers eventually designate something as "challenging", or when the playerbase decide something is, you'll get the same old circle jerk(off) of people with something to prove. Of course anyone outside the circle is a casual who needs to "git gud" and they love telling everyone how they're the bestest and everything is the casuals fault, especially the fact that they rush through content designed specifically for them (and raids take a lot of time to design. Wasted time, wasted effort) in chase of rewards and have nothing to do so the developers need to drop everything and make more raids. RIGHT NOW!!!

So, let's try to avoid that experience, shall we? Anyway, only you know if you are one of these....people, so i'm sure you have nothing to feel offended about.

You are exactly what this community doesn't need. Your just as bad as those whom boast in this game about being the best, just as arrogant. You need to get off of these forums, and stay gone.

@Somnus I don't hate your views, but I feel like this raid you want, is what Urgent quests are supposed to be.

@Yggranya Are.. are you okay?

@Anarchy-Marine Yeah fair enough. Like I said raids would be competing directly with UQ's so I dont see it happening. I just hope for something comparable in the future. Not to the point where they replace UQ's or anything but maybe something bigger releasing more sparingly that requires more hands and dedication to complete. A more supplemental experience.

Personally, I've never enjoyed Raids and it's honestly been something that ruined most MMOs for me. It was rarely a good time.

It's actually why I like that PSO2 just has UQs which I feel are more flexible.