Color change pass

@Manslayer490 said in Color change pass:

my main number 1 beef with the game is pay gating respecs where you need a skill reset pass and heard we are going to have to wait till august to fix our characters. i said no thanks im out. i honestly believe they should give everyone a free pass at least after maintenence on the 23rd.

Nexon hands out skill reset items in Mabinogi events. Just saying it's not that hard to program in.

@MasterDarkwingz Nexon is also notoriously predatory in their financial methods and as a result has essentially killed every single one of their MMOs.

In PSO, it costs money to reset your skills, or change your pet, but you're still handed a free one. The lack of tutorial is where the major issue lies. Just like other MMOs, though, there are opportune events and mechanics to keep your fashion up to par and your skills meta.

In Nexon games (Maple, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, even Combat Arms), while there are still events that can help manage your builds, leveling is absolutely impractical and unfeasible unless you only play that game for months on end and not leave the house. They are notorious for this and have basically designed all of their games to be impractical time sinks. You can then buy experience boosts which just BARELY increase EXP. You also aren't handed anything except when its completely impractical (skill resets extremely early in the game). At 93 cap level in Dragon Nest, a Nexon ARPG I played religiously, it took an obscene amount of time to get from level 90 to 93 if you did every daily with an experience scroll AMP and ran dungeons afterwards for at minimum of upward 8 hours. Maplestory was also like this, as was Vindictus. Quests gave you, quite often, less than 1% EXP. But you could speed up runs by paying for better gear and buying more EXP increases.

On the flip side, in PSO, leveling is quick, making new characters is quick, skill optimization is quick, and its actually been alive for 8 years because it's cared for to an extent. The pay2win elements, while present, aren't present in the combat interactions, and more so in storage capacity.

I understand your criticism of the lack of explanations on items, and how predatory some of the game can be, but using Nexon as your gate of the moral highground is kind of strange given Nexon's history of killing the games they touch, regardless of their quality.

forget about colors, we need the god damn skill reset ticket.

Are you people for real? It costs 1.4 mil meseta to change color. You can get that in 2 hours of AQs...
You're complaining for 2 hours of money farming, you SUCK.

@WillfulChart930 said in Color change pass:

You need a skill reset in a 8 years old game with tons of information and pre-made skill tress that evade completely the chances to fuck up?

You know, that can only mean two things:

1. You never bothered to read / google
  2. You never bothered to ask another player

Boo-hoo

Too bad.

@Shirokami07 said in Color change pass:

@WillfulChart930 said in Color change pass:

You need a skill reset in a 8 years old game with tons of information and pre-made skill tress that evade completely the chances to fuck up?

You know, that can only mean two things:

1. You never bothered to read / google
  2. You never bothered to ask another player

Boo-hoo

Too bad.

Yeah, no one likes being skill splained. Seriously, let people stat their skill trees however they like.

@Liddykins said in Color change pass:

@MasterDarkwingz Nexon is also notoriously predatory in their financial methods and as a result has essentially killed every single one of their MMOs.

In PSO, it costs money to reset your skills, or change your pet, but you're still handed a free one. The lack of tutorial is where the major issue lies. Just like other MMOs, though, there are opportune events and mechanics to keep your fashion up to par and your skills meta.

In Nexon games (Maple, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, even Combat Arms), while there are still events that can help manage your builds, leveling is absolutely impractical and unfeasible unless you only play that game for months on end and not leave the house. They are notorious for this and have basically designed all of their games to be impractical time sinks. You can then buy experience boosts which just BARELY increase EXP. You also aren't handed anything except when its completely impractical (skill resets extremely early in the game). At 93 cap level in Dragon Nest, a Nexon ARPG I played religiously, it took an obscene amount of time to get from level 90 to 93 if you did every daily with an experience scroll AMP and ran dungeons afterwards for at minimum of upward 8 hours. Maplestory was also like this, as was Vindictus. Quests gave you, quite often, less than 1% EXP. But you could speed up runs by paying for better gear and buying more EXP increases.

On the flip side, in PSO, leveling is quick, making new characters is quick, skill optimization is quick, and its actually been alive for 8 years because it's cared for to an extent. The pay2win elements, while present, aren't present in the combat interactions, and more so in storage capacity.

I understand your criticism of the lack of explanations on items, and how predatory some of the game can be, but using Nexon as your gate of the moral highground is kind of strange given Nexon's history of killing the games they touch, regardless of their quality.

Nexon games are from KR, and while a grind based community, there are events with free otherwise cash only stuff. PSO2 is from JP, which is a less grind based environment. Despite this, PSO2 still drops exp boosters out the wazoo, and fails to actually make color change passes drop anywhere besides the Mission Pass. The personal shop is kinda iffy, since you have to pay money to utilize it to sell paid item. Not certain how Dragon Nest has changed once returning to the original developers, but the grind wasn't all that painful. Even Mabinogi recently got a revamp for adding in massive level granting quests. Maplestory, last I checked, is fairly easy to quest and level up. I honestly don't see any more quests here in PSO2 after reaching level 40. It's just SEGA promo events and more bingo cards.

@Liddykins said in Color change pass:

Thank you. I never understand people using Nexon as an example of a good MMO company. They're probably the worst one out there.

@Shirokami07

Wth are you talking about? 1.4 mil?

Explain yourself, try to relax on the insults

He's likely talking about the fact you can trade in AC scratch items for a color ticket at the swap shop. Basically just means buying 12 of the cheapest AC items on player shops.

@Vashzaron

Thanks, that makes sense.

Im baffled how 'difficult' (12!!!) it is to get these passes. Even though this method might be easy it's still a hack.

I literally got my first one last week playing since day one. 🤔

And don't get me started on the need for a MAG form-change pass...(wrists/cut/😫)

@Vashzaron said in Color change pass:

He's likely talking about the fact you can trade in AC scratch items for a color ticket at the swap shop. Basically just means buying 12 of the cheapest AC items on player shops.

Just for reference, as I am a cast, what is the cheapest AC item to buy in these circumstances where I'd want to hard-buy a color change pass outside of the free ones from mission pass?

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in Color change pass:

@Shirokami07

he's just a shitty troll don't take his words serious look how he baited me i didn't even bother replying him

@Shirokami07

14 AC items are worth around 1.4 mil

@Shirokami07 said in Color change pass:

@Shirokami07

14 AC items are worth around 1.4 mil

Which item is only 100k guaranteed?