Color change pass

Hi all, I got some new parts for my CAST and I would love to change the color of it to see if I can find something better. Anyone know how to do it? Can a salon free pass work for that? Any help would be appreciated.

The Salon Pass will not allow you to change CAST colors, rather you need a Color Change Pass which currently can be obtained in the Swap Shop by trading in AC Scratch items (I also think one or two are available in the Mission Pass).

@AndrlCh this doesn’t explain where to swap it at

@Zeus The Swap Shop is located in your Menu:

alt text

You will find the Color Change Pass in there and when you select it, a menu will come up with items that are eligible to be used to obtain it, ie. Recycle Badges (assuming they have been fixed) and items that came from the AC scratch which have a green border around their icon like this:

alt text

Once you have a Color Change Pass, keep it in your Inventory and enter the Salon; you should now be able to change your CAST's color or the color of a recolorable Costume/Outerwear. Once you go to exit the Salon and confirm the changes, then the Color Change Pass will be consumed; if you have Premium, you have 60 minutes of in-game time to make further adjustments to the colors when going back into the Salon before the change is finalized.

@AndrlCh thank you

Wait, wait wait... only 60 minutes of free changes with a paid Premium Service? Isn't that a scam? I mean, Premium Services usually last the standard of 7-30+ days, with all bonus features available within the time frame.

Nexon allows for dyes and character changes with free Beauty Shop events and free cosmetic items in Mabinogi. That's 100% free customization 100% of the time, compared to PSO2. Is it just me, or is SEGA just trying to milk it's users? Cause it certainly feels unnecessary to require cosmetic payment, with scratchers (Loot Boxes) costing well over $50 for getting the most out of a collection.

Definitely milking it, it's an Eastern MMO so you're gonna have to sink some cash that's just the nature of them. SEGA knows that aside from gearing up the endgame is fashion and they're going to milk that cow for as long as they can.

@WorthKibbles34 said in Color change pass:

Definitely milking it, it's an Eastern MMO so you're gonna have to sink some cash that's just the nature of them. SEGA knows that aside from gearing up the endgame is fashion and they're going to milk that cow for as long as they can.

Well, I've seen F2P games that feel like PSO2 in mechanics and skillsets die out within a few years. Let's hope that SEGA has at least enough pull to be able to keep the game running for as long as Nexon runs Mabinogi. Last thing they need is complaints about not enough F2P friendly events, and turning this into an EA Loot Box legal nightmare situation. (Thankfully for the Loot Boxes, that judgement may be delayed indefinitely due to the pandemic.) But for now, Color Change pass might have to be nixed. (If only for a 24 hour event, or restrict to once a month. Beyond that once monthly limit would likely be paid.)

well... it costs 14 ac scratch items for the color change pass

you can buy the scratch items from the player shops, not totally impossible for free players but really expensive

This is what really gets me, I don't mind paying $5 for a slot, $3 for another mag or what not but $26 for a color change are you kidding me? Also in line to what OP even started to say, how does that apply to CASTs when you have three parts to color? It's just bonkers.

@Skee1Ball Eventually, we should be getting an update to the Log-In Stamp Card (most likely when Episode 4 releases) where we get one Color Change Pass from the tenth Stamp, meaning 1 a month for free players and 2 a month for Premium. Additionally, there are 2 Color Change Passes per Mission Pass season, one in the normal tiers and one in the extended tiers. Plus, you can just buy AC Scratch items and Recycle Badges to exchange for the Pass with meseta via Personal Shops.

For CASTs, when you use a Color Change Pass it allows you to change your Main Color, Subcolor 1, Subcolor 2, and Subcolor 3, as well as the color of one Outerwear with a single Pass.

@AndrlCh said in Color change pass:

@Skee1Ball Eventually, we should be getting an update to the Log-In Stamp Card (most likely when Episode 4 releases) where we get one Color Change Pass from the tenth Stamp, meaning 1 a month for free players and 2 a month for Premium. Additionally, there are 2 Color Change Passes per Mission Pass season, one in the normal tiers and one in the extended tiers. Plus, you can just buy AC Scratch items and Recycle Badges to exchange for the Pass with meseta via Personal Shops.

For CASTs, when you use a Color Change Pass it allows you to change your Main Color, Subcolor 1, Subcolor 2, and Subcolor 3, as well as the color of one Outerwear with a single Pass.

Oh that's great, an entire month of prizes while I can't even get the installation to work. They better have the same prizes the month after that, or there may be even more riots. Seesh.

@MasterDarkwingz Daily Log-in Stamps give the same prizes for each Stamp number, and there are 30 Stamps per Card, so that it the same prize about every 29 days for a free player or every 14/15 days from Premium (counting the extra Log-in Stamp for PSO2 Days).

As for the Mission Pass, so far non-fashion items have been mostly identical season to season.

@AndrlCh said in Color change pass:

Like, i get that and all, I'm currently sitting on 4 passes but it just still blows my mind that they think the face value of them should near $30. It's things like this that stop me from going Premium and I gave Blizzard money for 15 years.

Glad to hear that bout casts at least and thanks for the info.

my main number 1 beef with the game is pay gating respecs where you need a skill reset pass and heard we are going to have to wait till august to fix our characters. i said no thanks im out. i honestly believe they should give everyone a free pass at least after maintenence on the 23rd.