The scam bots are more annoying than they were before

It was bad enough that the RMT scambots would /toge spam, but now they are using SAs to cheat the chat filters, and the bots are more frequent, I wound up reporting five of them in one day, as well as blocked their respective SAs. Also these bots seem to be scripted to jump blocks to avoid getting report spammed since they hang out near the teleport device in NGS (not sure of their PSO2 spots now).

Nothing is going to change until people stop buying gold and/or sega is actively banning accounts that purchased gold.

Given the sole fact that SEGA just may have too much on their plate at the moment is precisely why they are seizing this opportunity.

That statement is certainly true but you know what is also true? That the same situation happened when og pso2 was released and sega didn't care.

Give that now with removed free shop access sega is making money every time somebody buys gold, why would they care.

This^, there is also a very old conspiracy theory in WoW where people claim that they allow bots/rmt seller to roam around for a long period of time, because in the end they pay for their service and farm materials, that the average casual player doesn't want to farm. Sometimes, when the people are really getting pissed at Blizzard for their passiveness, they are doing a banwave to appease the playerbase.

I've blocked so many SA already. How about being unable to create them before lvl10!?

When I'm in the city, I look for characters at lv 4 with no subclass. Then their names. Then block em.

[deleted]

@Yui2387 said in The scam bots are more annoying than they were before:

This^, there is also a very old conspiracy theory in WoW where people claim that they allow bots/rmt seller to roam around for a long period of time, because in the end they pay for their service and farm materials, that the average casual player doesn't want to farm. Sometimes, when the people are really getting pissed at Blizzard for their passiveness, they are doing a banwave to appease the playerbase.

Typically, the rmt use fraudulent means to obtain game keys for those types of games.
Thus, once that fraud is revealed, the chargebacks cost the company more in fees than just the amount of the chargebacks.
F2P are a bit different in that accounts are free to create though.

@shadonic-0 said in The scam bots are more annoying than they were before:

I've blocked so many SA already. How about being unable to create them before lvl10!?

They could still be shared to the spam bots from a higher level character.
And even then, it wouldn't be that hard to have the bots level up enough to do it anyway, how else do they get the meseta to sell if not farming with the bots...

There is literally no reason to try to scam a key in WoW, when the bots make thousands of dollars in currency and the sub is 12 bucks.

Ignoring this problem will not make it go away, players need to report spam these bots to finally get the GMs in game to wipe them out, the problem is getting worse. Besides the ones that are near the teleporter to block hop, others are now parked half way up the main build in the city, and the bots are becoming more frequent each day.

I've seen them use symbol arts for their spam now, good thing they at least don't enter EQ...

Every bot uses their own SA too, so that will clutter up your SA history when they show up in force.

@LazerRay Actually, Isn't every SA history attached to it? You literally can see Who sent it, along with other details, Why go this route? if they are going to get banned anyway?