Pso2 skins to ngs

Hi everyone. I'll go straight to the point. everyone is using their skins they had back in pso2, and i wanted to get some new ones for ngs but i have some outfits that didn't look that good when inside the new game. Basically i wanted to know if there is a way to know if the outfit you are going for looks good on ngs. a lot of people have asked me this being afraid of buying something expensive right now, and looking not really that great on the new game. I did see that most of outfits were still fine when equipped on ngs (meaning didn't look out of place) but still a smaller part did look bad. If anyone knows anything and wants to share i'd be really greateful.

Well outside of hair and emote the AC scratch has a few outfits that are cheap on the player shop.

SG scratch just came out that gives you 1 free ticket every 24 hours. Can try your luck on those to look less generic. That said most people use their accessories to make them look decent. NGS has some nice ones, but there are so few when compared to pso2 that most are just using pso2.

@Zeke said in Pso2 skins to ngs:

NGS has some nice ones, but there are so few when compared to pso2 that most are just using pso2.

i think we misunderstood each other, i want to buy a specific outfit on pso but i have no idea if it will look good or not on nsg, thats what i meant.

''Well outside of hair and emote the AC scratch has a few outfits that are cheap on the player shop.'' They are kinda meh.

Unless you want low polygon PSO2 costumes and hairs/eyes you're out of luck then.

Gotta wait for more to come out in NGS. Really isn't much in terms of cosmetic for NGS looks.

Layering wear should mostly be fine besides uncovered hands and feet looking low res. Haven't tried any outfits besides Juno Charis but that was fine too.

Outside of asking for screenshots of what you're interested in purchasing in PSO2 though, there's no way to tell if it'll be low res in NGS without purchasing it and trying it out yourself.

When you're looking at the prize list for scratch tickets, there is a preview option that will allow you to see how the outfit or accessory looks on you. Also, the same preview is available when browsing personal shops. So you can at least see the outfit on your character before you actually buy. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Due to Phantasy Star Online 2 also using the new graphics engine, I feel this should be much more visible and apparent as well as this had come up very quickly on the Japanese side. Their initial five Renew Scratches carried some of the more popular and iconic outfits and accessories throughout the years of the game's release and were immediately sought after.

You should be able to walk around the lobby or the new Screenshot Studio and see how your character looks with various outfits you have or even just preview them in the preview window (you can enlarge the window and zoom in) so you can see how things hold up considering our characters are rendered seemingly identically between Phantasy Star Online 2 and New Genesis.

thx for all the answers everyone, i ended up going to ngs with a whole bunch of cosmetics and trying them out one by one, everything seems to work fine except for facial changes like makeup and eye effects etc. It does seem like almost anything translates very well to the new game, i guess i had no need to be afraid. Anyways just wanted to let you all know. Good luck and have fun!