Thank you for putting SG scratch cost the same as JP.

@Kamil118 said in Thank you for putting SG scratch cost the same as JP.:

As for trading sg items, the general issue is that there is nothing stopping people from just making an alt account, finishing the tutorial and going off their merry way to get 500 sg from boxes in probably something like an hour or two, and then selling everything (altho now that shop tickets are gone and you would need to at the very least spent $7 for that)

Eh? SG stuff aren't sellable/tradeable though?

I wish they were tradeable, I'd rather farm meseta. I have to find 1500 SG's for the hair I want, or pay $100 for the AC/SG! With my horrible life luck I know I'm not getting the item I want from the pulls

Since the ticket last until August that means you'll have 60 free tickets for the SG scratch if you log in everyday. You'll get what you want eventually.

You just won't get the ticket that allows you to pick one item.

@Zeke said in Thank you for putting SG scratch cost the same as JP.:

you'll have 60 free tickets for the SG scratch if you log in everyday. You'll get what you want eventually.

It's about 49 days (I think, maintenance boundaries make it a little unclear but it'll be within 1 of that).

For reference purposes if you want one specific 1/203 ("0.492%") item then odds of getting it at least once from 49 free scratches are still only about 21.5%, so it's probably not wise to give people that assurance.

Edit - Decided to extend this reply a bit since it might be of interest to some: A quick chart of the chances of getting one specific item at least once from 49 free scratches overall, based on its probability:

Proportion (of 203) In-game Probability 49 scratches chance
1 0.492% 21.49%
3 1.477% 51.79%
6 2.955% 77.01%
7 3.448% 82.08%
8 3.940% 86.06%

Note if you want multiple items this chart isn't too useful; you can't just add or multiply the numbers together. That'd require some extra calculation depending on what precisely you wanted to know the odds of.

@Miraglyth said in Thank you for putting SG scratch cost the same as JP.:

you'll have 60 free tickets for the SG scratch if you log in everyday. You'll get what you want eventually.

It's about 49 days (I think, maintenance boundaries make it a little unclear but it'll be within 1 of that).

For reference purposes if you want one specific 1/203 ("0.492%") item then odds of getting it at least once from 49 free scratches are still only about 21.5%, so it's probably not wise to give people that assurance.

Edit - Decided to extend this reply a bit since it might be of interest to some: A quick chart of the chances of getting one specific item at least once from 49 free scratches overall, based on its probability:

Proportion (of 203) In-game Probability 49 scratches chance
1 0.492% 21.49%
3 1.477% 51.79%
6 2.955% 77.01%
7 3.448% 82.08%
8 3.940% 86.06%

Note if you want multiple items this chart isn't too useful; you can't just add or multiply the numbers together. That'd require some extra calculation depending on what precisely you wanted to know the odds of.

49 days? Honestly the fact you can pull 49 times off something that requires a pseudo currency is pretty nice. That's 2,450 SG you don't have to spend.

I get what I said is more of an optimistic attitude than facts though. Guess I'm just hopeful for the guy.

Pretty sure the free daily pull doesn't count towards the 40 pull free ticket.

Mine still says 40 pulls to get free choice ticket

Honestly the fact you can pull 49 times off something that requires a pseudo currency is pretty nice.

Definitely!

It's difficult to equate it to an SG saving because it's not like they set the odds without any awareness that players could get up to 49 free scratches, and if the odds were better it's not necessarily as much of a saving because you'd have to account for the greater chance of the player getting the item within fewer scratches. I don't much care to do the maths on that but it's something to consider.

The free scratch mechanic is great for encouraging players to check in regularly and keep player retention and engagement. I think it'd have been better still if it counted towards the choice ticket (since that would be extra incentive still to log in at least 40 of 49 days on top of giving the feeling of being more generous) but it's still something and I think a good thing.

I hope they add something interesting into sg recycle shop in the future, since with 4% rate on some trash and 49 free rolls we're bound to get a ton of dupes