UQ boss isn't spawning and softlocks after abandoning quest (NGS)

After the UQ Countdown ends the boss doesn't spawn and if I choose to abandon quest the game softlocks me on a loading screen a9f84200-d0da-423a-8d1b-0ad427ee7b96-image.png

Can confirm. Same thing happened for me.

During the Command DOLLS Suppression Op UQ at 11 AM (CDT) on 6/16/202, after loading in the Pettas Vera spawn cutscene did not occur and I could not engage with it. Attempted to abandon quest to requeue and the game froze on the loading screne. Restarted game and attempted the UQ again and problem reoccurred with others also experiencing a non-existing boss.

Same thing happened to me! I didn't abandon, however, I opened my tasks and I'm also stuck on that screen, unable to attack or exit from the menu. I can see the enemy damage and ally damage, I could (before I got stuck in this menu) heal allies, but if I shoot at it, my bullets go through it. pso20210616_121934_000.jpg

As a follow-up, I got loot, experience and money upon completion (and the task updated), but I couldn't leave the instance. It didn't soft-lock me getting back in, though.

Reporting in here. Using Steam version of the game. Boss is not appearing after 3 tries. First two with parties, final try solo. Boss is not appearing. I am also soft-locked in loading screen after trying to quit each time.

I guess reason hides behind is how Sega "fixed" his framerate-dropping lasers attack... because my GPU goes nuts nonstop when battle "starts".

@FollowTheFaceless Yeah theres no framerate drop if the boss doesnt spawn 🙂 I guess thats what they meant by fixing lag during his fight

@OmegaNeo The thing is - it's not spawning for me either, but my GPU thinks it is. And not 1, but 10 from how GPU fans sounds.

getting the same bug here

I've the same problem, boss doesn't appear for me.

Same, tried 5 times, all the same result as OP

dunno if this caused the bug, but i just ate the N-RDR 25% before going UQ and this happened.

Petta is John Cena Confirmed.

Same sht today. Still no boss. Hope they ill fix this. Clan mates hate my tries to join XD

@FollowTheFaceless said in UQ boss isn't spawning and softlocks after abandoning quest (NGS):

I guess reason hides behind is how Sega "fixed" his framerate-dropping lasers attack... because my GPU goes nuts nonstop when battle "starts".

that's a hardware or driver issue, dood. i only get minor slowdown on a 2080 ti @ 4k and it's usually on the dragon's fire spam