NGS Console

Issues for NGS

As I stated there's a lot of issues going on and NGS right now for me I'm having an issue leaving the town and freezing and I'm also having issues loading NGS and it goes into an eternal black screen load the sound of stuff still works this is for Xbox console please if anyone can help I've done everything I possibly can for this game I've already sent the support ticket out for Sega I truly hope you guys can fix this it's been days since I've been able to log into my game

@Arch-Angelvel Hmm, I'm using a base XBox One and have not run into those issues. I'm not great with tech so my only suggestion would be to "physically power cycle the console" but you may have already tried that.

Personally, my game will lag when changing zones for a few seconds, but I only get 10-20s freezes when running UQs or doing a PSE Burst with a few other people in the area. I play the game using the balanced settings after trying the pre-set option that prioritized framerate and finding the graphics to be too "ugly" for lack of a better term. However, I have modified the balanced settings by turning down several graphic options that have a note saying they can increase performance (shadows, blur, etc.).

I believe @Anarchy-Marine has posted about finding success on XBox with a few tweaks in the options menu as well, so maybe they can share what's worked in this thread too.

@Rang-Dipkin I have done the power reset uninstall and reinstall game even clear my local settings I've tried everything and this is the only game that I'm having an issue with I thank you for your response🙂

@Arch-Angelvel Yeah, I don't know what would cause any of your issues, as you already cleared and reset the cache, and did a fresh install. The lag between zones us normal, as your console is trying to load in an area on the fly. The eternal black screen you mentioned, can you give me an idea of what you are doing when it happens?

@Arch-Angelvel Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear that none of those things helped your situation. 😞

Searching for "black screen" on this site and limiting the results to the last 2 weeks shows that a few people on both XBox and PC have run into this issue. The most helpful one for you might be this post which suggests turning off "screen space reflection."

I'll keep my fingers crossed that SEGA responds to your ticket soon with some helpful advice!

@Anarchy-Marine hello thank you for reply so a few days ago I had an issue with leaving outside of town in ngs I was able to login but I could not leave the town it would freeze them boot me out of the game I have reported this book to Sega and I had no response back so I tried again after reinstalling clearing cache and even hard power off I even had it set to the lowest setting and today as I log into NGS again I get past the character screen it's has the Sounds in the background but it freezes during loading the thing is I can log into base PSO2 just fine but NGS I can't log in at all 😔

@Rang-Dipkin Yeah, screen space reflections seem to be bugged in general, because it causes weird lighting issues on occasion when loading in. That said, if he can't enter the game, he will have trouble editing those options.

@Rang-Dipkin me too I really hope they can fix these problems soon I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player suffering this🙁

@Arch-Angelvel The game just received an update, have you tried logging in? If you can get in. Don't leave the city, and tell me what your texture filtering settings are on.

@Anarchy-Marine yes I have today as well and I'm still having the same issue😔

@Anarchy-Marine Thanks for jumping in and offering your advice! It sounds like I should probably turn off screen space relection too just to be safe and I'm curious to hear what you recommend for the texture filtering settings.

@Arch-Angelvel I feel like the fact that base PSO2 works just fine is pretty informative, but I don't know enough to know what hypotheses that rules out! XD

@Rang-Dipkin said in NGS Console:

@Anarchy-Marine Thanks for jumping in and offering your advice! It sounds like I should probably turn off screen space relection too just to be safe and I'm curious to hear what you recommend for the texture filtering settings.

@Arch-Angelvel I feel like the fact that base PSO2 works just fine is pretty informative, but I don't know enough to know what hypotheses that rules out! XD

OG Xbox One model consoles should never go beyond trilinear filters with this game, because the options beyond that, affect objects out in the far distance, rather than just what's within your draw distance. anisotropic filtering may help make the game look cleaner, but the older model of console,with these quality of textures, can't render anything like that very well, with as much detail to begin with, so all you are doing is bogging down your CPU unnecessarily. You won't notice much of a difference anyways. The One X might be able to handle anisotropic filtering at times four, but I again would recommend against going beyond that. The Series X, and S can handle whatever this game could throw at it, if its optimised to do so, as Forza Horizons latest installments E3 coverage has shown.

@Arch-Angelvel Have you tried logging into PSO2 then transfering to NGS?

@Arch-Angelvel But can you even log into the game, and get to your graphical settings? I have a feeling your issue might be tied to your settings.