Question about multiweapon

I was wondering, if you use a Assault Rifle as main weapon and TMG as a sub (you can do that with the Resurgir series), when you use a Gunner would you get the blight rounds and spread shot of the assault rifle as well ? Or changing mode to use the TMG would lose them since they are only for AR ? I've tried to find some more info but the examples they use doesn't fit the few weapons I might be interested on making a Multi (not just the example above). And I just don't see any real benefit to make them otherwise aside from saving space.

I believe blight rounds is a skill that requires main class.

So gunner can't use it even if they're wielding a rifle.

blight rounds are main class so gunner wont be able to use it and considering how blight rounds works you probably gonna lose then but I'm not sure about it.

Thx for the answers 🙂 I thought so too...but maybe the multi-weapon would have made it work. But didn't want to waste money and mats on it to discover it was pointless.

From my experience with Talis/Rod. I would say that if have the rifle as the main weapon, as long as your currently set on rifle, you would load up the blight rounds and being able to fire them. (I'm unaware if you still load them like you did in base pso2 or if you just fire it now, can someone pass along this information to me?) Assuming they work as they did in base pso2, and the basic attack is replaced by firing the blight round. Then you should be able to load and fire it while the weapon is a rifle, then use the gunner pa's/wa without having to manually switch to TMGs. Since even though it's considered one weapon at that point, it's just a seamless weapon change so i would assume you would lose them and the skill would be on cd while weak bullet is on the target. But then once the skill is up(which weak bullet should be off cd by the time it falls off if it is maxed iirc) You would hit the Rifle normal attack to swap back to rifle, reload and fire. And repeat. As I don't play Ranger, I can't answer the specifics, but this is about what I would expect, hopefully someone who has done so already comes along soon.

Blight Rounds would work as TMG/Rifle or Rifle/AnyWeapon : AnyWeapon/Rifle only if Ranger is main.

Both Ranger and Gunner have Spread Shot.

@RAGEoFaDARKJEDI said in Question about multiweapon:

Blight Rounds would work as TMG/Rifle or Rifle/AnyWeapon : AnyWeapon/Rifle only if Ranger is main.

Both Ranger and Gunner have Spread Shot.

Basically what I wanted to do was having both the TMG charge and boost of the gunner while having blight round and spread shot as well. And now unlike pso2 you just shoot them. Though if I use a TMG as main I would lose the amazing "homing missile-like" of the AR while TMG aoe isn't as good.

You kind of do.

TMG/Talis for example

When I press a TMG PA I have the dodge. And when I press the Talis PA I have its weapon action.

You would just have to press spread shot after a rifle normal or PA.

Hope I understood your question correctly.

You can mix n match the weapon actions/PA.

Weapon action will just correspond to the weapon of the last button you pressed.

Some skills are main class only though.

@RAGEoFaDARKJEDI said in Question about multiweapon:

You can mix n match the weapon actions/PA.

Weapon action will just correspond to the weapon of the last button you pressed.

Some skills are main class only though.

That's the problem, to have the boost of a gunner you need to be a Gunner, to have blight you need to be a Ranger ...so I guess it's impossible after all.

Edit: Basically in PSO2 you could have Resta and such as a Gunner because you had FO or a class that had it as sub. But seems this is impossible in NGS.

Yeah. Each main class has it's own specialty action only usable by the main class. These are:

Iron Will (and Warcry) for Hunter, Overload for Fighter, Blight rounds for Ranger, Chain Trigger for Gunner, Photon Flare and Resta Field for Force, and finally "Shifta/Deband" and Resta Field for Techter.

Combining any of these on one character is impossible, since you can't have two main classes at the same time. All other skills either require a specific weapon or don't have any requirements. Therefore can be freely used when the class is set as sub. Unfortunately, the only two active buffs that can be combined with other class buffs on the same character are Hunter's Physique and PP Conversion, and both of those have reduced effects when used from a subclass.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. But I think the developers have a good reason for the change.