NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items

alt text

Also, the lightning in the preview menu is still broken.

The lighing in general feels off at times, especially when looking at bare skin.

lmao, i still laugh at that Usable by: "humanoid type 2" Which is a lot more than just saying "female" one of the more asinine decisions they made.

However, the problem with these scratches is that a lot of people are still attached to their old pso 2 body for those, so these are already hard to use unless you are brand new to the game. i know I'll be ignoring these for a while unless some old outfits are remade.

@Astral-Lettie said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

lmao, i still laugh at that Usable by: "humanoid type 2" Which is a lot more than just saying "female" one of the more asinine decisions they made.

It makes more sense if they add more body types with actual differences. otherwise it is pretty asinine. Now that they added viper mouth and reptilian eyes, i'm just waiting for a snake body type to become your new reptilian overlord.

I just noticed that accesories in the preview menu also are wrong color. The right tail and ears should be hair-black, and are white isntead.

@Yggranya said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

@Astral-Lettie said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

It makes more sense if they add more body types with actual differences. otherwise it is pretty asinine. Now that they added viper mouth and reptilian eyes, i'm just waiting for a snake body type to become your new reptilian overlord.

Furry bodies are coming, and you know it.

On a more serious note, the game still seems to replace the model completely when changing what you're wearing, so if we ever get a new body type it will probably be completley incompatible with all current fashion.

@Kamil118 said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

FURRIES ARE COMING

NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items

Featured just means the items they think are most desirable. PSO2 has had Featured items have low rates before.

Phone gachas far and wide have their 5★ or SSR characters have the lowest chances of being pulled. I'm sure the best players in FIFA Ultimate Team have the lowest odds and the highest cost too. Now those are all a little different because they're P2W gambling mechanics but they're still lower odds for more desirable pulls, so to say NGS is the first gacha to do that is pretty daft.

TBH I think what irks me about this scratch isn't the low rates... but rather that they gave Garoa's outfit/voice/etc normal rates while the rates for Aina's stuff super low.

Like... come on, at least make the rates the same for both genders. They're both 'featured' NPCs in this scratch, aren't they? :V

However, the problem with these scratches is that a lot of people are still attached to their old pso 2 body for those, so these are already hard to use unless you are brand new to the game. i know I'll be ignoring these for a while unless some old outfits are remade.

Don't you know? Its offensive to say male and female.

But now that we've removed those dirty words from our game people will finally play it...right????

@Miraglyth said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

Featured just means the items they think are most desirable. PSO2 has had Featured items have low rates before.

Phone gachas far and wide have their 5★ or SSR characters have the lowest chances of being pulled. I'm sure the best players in FIFA Ultimate Team have the lowest odds and the highest cost too. Now those are all a little different because they're P2W gambling mechanics but they're still lower odds for more desirable pulls, so to say NGS is the first gacha to do that is pretty daft.

I'm mostly referring to the wording. I played way too many gacha games in the past, and the word "featured" is usually used as a designation for stuff that's focus of a banner and has boosted rate. The last time I seen the word "featured" used with a combination of lower rate than normal was when monkey was added to gbf, and it almost ended as a lawsuit; altho that's mostly because displaying gacha rates wasn't a thing back then and it was bordering on false advertisement.

I don't know how fifa handles its lootboxes, but "being like FIFA Ultimate Team" isn't exactly a flattering statment.

@NIC said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

@Kamil118 said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

FURRIES ARE COMING

Just let my rappy suit look as cuddly and fluffy as the rappy mobs an I'll be happy.

@Tarina said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

Like... come on, at least make the rates the same for both genders. They're both 'featured' NPCs in this scratch, aren't they? :V

This caught my attention too, along with the free daily scratch not counting towards the scratch count bonus which feels like a missed opportunity when they last like 49 days and that'd be enough to encourage some people to log in and play 80% of days. But these things are how JP does them too, so at least we don't have the bad parts of their system and Global-exclusive suckiness anymore.

I'm mostly referring to the wording. I played way too many gacha games in the past, and the word "featured" is usually used as a designation for stuff that's focus of a banner and has boosted rate.

We'll have to disagree there then. I'm not too familiar with gacha stuff but every single one of them I've ever played or (more likely) heard of over the last ~15 years dating back to Albatross18 / Pangya I played on both sides of my Phantasy Star Universe stint, the most desirable stuff had the lowest rates so they get the most money from the whales.

I don't know how fifa handles its lootboxes, but "being like FIFA Ultimate Team" isn't exactly a flattering statment.

I wasn't trying to be flattering. I was saying NGS is clearly not the first.

@JC said in NGS - The first gacha game that has Rate Downs instead of Rate Ups on its featured items:

Don't you know? Its offensive to say male and female.

But now that we've removed those dirty words from our game people will finally play it...right????

It's far more than that... You are no longer limited to wearing clothing by male/female body type as a result.

This basically gives cross-dressers open season on anything to wear. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. facepalm