Foibles for force

Force does reduces DPS but people kinda forget that it's balanced just like paralysis weapons in Monster Hunter are. You chip in for the next stun phase, which is nearly always a DPS gain for the whole party. Counters are nice but it's preferable if the gun UQ Doll boss sits down instead of jumping around the place and he isn't all that nice to counter for melee classes. Similarly downs open up a weakpoint on the dragon boss which is yet another reason not to underestimate these.

It's not that great of a solo class but that's just how the balancing works where it's meant partially for support. I won't be surprised if an 8/8 Fo MPA for either UQ would end up with constant elemental downs on the boss, at which point giving Force more damage without doing something to lessen the elemental downs could result in it being both braindead and optimal setup. There will probably need to be some balancing overall, but Force is supposed to have lower DPS than melee classes just because melee classes lose a lot of uptime on jumping enemies and only at most bring physical downs which don't seem remotely as potent per person.

I would also advise against comparing DS Fighter 29s since that's already getting nerfed and Sega is trying to save face saying it's a bug. The lowest counter classes go on Bujin is about 37-38s I think, which is basically Sword/Knuckle/Partizan. This is somewhat lopsided but that's a super counter heavy solo content, and even in an MPA Bujin only one person will get the perfect aggro that lets them use all that bonus DPS.

@Kamil118 said in Foibles for force:

@TEN-SQUARE-3

Gz on sub 1 time.

But that's about what I would expect if other classes had 20% higher dps. If you can run it in a minute, somebody who has 20% higher dps should be able to finish it in 49 seconds, which is about what I seen on screenshots people posted. Their gear also was mostly pso2 stuff, I think some of the people i seen used klauz weapons.

Force is really fun to play, but with low technique dps, and extremely questionable design choices (common, sega, fix the photon flare short charge lowering barta dps...) I think it really needs some tweaking. It feels like the thing they cared the most about when making force was just pushing as much pp regen into the class as possible.

Don't forget in order to achieve that, you rely on photon flare plus pp conversion, both skills have long cooldowns of 3 minutes, so the up time is only 14%.

@Cakewalk said in Foibles for force:

@Kamil118 said in Foibles for force:

@TEN-SQUARE-3

Gz on sub 1 time.

But that's about what I would expect if other classes had 20% higher dps. If you can run it in a minute, somebody who has 20% higher dps should be able to finish it in 49 seconds, which is about what I seen on screenshots people posted. Their gear also was mostly pso2 stuff, I think some of the people i seen used klauz weapons.

Force is really fun to play, but with low technique dps, and extremely questionable design choices (common, sega, fix the photon flare short charge lowering barta dps...) I think it really needs some tweaking. It feels like the thing they cared the most about when making force was just pushing as much pp regen into the class as possible.

Don't forget in order to achieve that, you rely on photon flare plus pp conversion, both skills have long cooldowns of 3 minutes, so the up time is only 14%.

Don’t forget I only got about 10 seconds of photon flare before the boss died, I also probably could have gotten away without using pp conversion, when I used it I still had over half my pp left, I just used it to make it easier. Plus you get 2 stocks of pp conversion so it’s more like every 90 seconds and you only really need to use it when you’re using talis.

@FoolsArcana said in Foibles for force:

I use a Talis/Rod Multiweapon Te/Fo. Someone mentioned Talis costing alot of PP, would just like to make it aware that while the Talis WA is deployed, you fire normals faster and regenerate pp at a much higher rate than rod does.(I'm fairly sure of this after some testing last night but if anyone can confirm/debunk this, by all means please do). I use Talis to cast most of my techs because techer main class boost and I deploy Convergence for down phases most of the time. I also used Rod mostly until recently, so getting used to the slower movement of talis during casting is taking some getting used to, but having access to rod guard and following up with the proper element to get 3 elemental hits and extra damage more frequently is nice.

With the Rod bullet parry skill and the skill that makes you invicible after a successful sidestep or Technique cast after successful parry(the short animation where you dissapear), there are alot of quick attacks you can actually guard in success and cast between them(it's possible to block and cast for all 3 of Daityl Sword/Axe eye lasers, albeit funky to catch that first one with proper timing because of how quick the attack comes out.)

I typically use Talis Wa, tech spam, Talis Wa, Talis normals to refill and move back into tech spam. Additionally, Talis PB is better for bosses because it attacks vertically on the lock on point(Ideally the weak point) and Rod PB is susceptible to hitting other parts even if you are locked onto the weak point...(great for clearing trash mobs out on pse burst or climax's though)

Taking the Tricky Capacitor skill also is like having an oGCD for extra damage every time the bar fills. If you are using a Talis/Rod MW and using the talis portion more specifically, you should have more than enough points to stick a skill point in it.

Only unfortunate thing about Techer/Force combo is that entering UQs and cocoons, you cannot use Shifta/Deband for the first 30 seconds. Has anyone tried using Ranger main for a weak bullet build with force? or Fighter main for overload with force? Would love to hear some feedback on class combos.

The Talis weapon action does regenerate pp something like 1 or 2 pp for every hit, if you hold the run button down while it’s active it will halt your natural pp regen, so you can see exactly how much you get from it. It still doesn’t regen has much pp has rod though, the pp you get from counters and maintain pp gain is far higher, plus if you multi rod/talis you can have the talis wa going while using rod for even more pp regen. The Talis burns through pp a lot faster too when you use the pa’s for it has they fire off at a very rapid pace.

I’m not sure about using rod all that much has a techter/force, You have two tech weapons that benefit from main class bonus wand and talis, so it seems a bit of a waste to use the rod has that’s the only tech weapon that doesn’t benefit from the main class bonus.