Advice for Urgent Quests that require accumulating points!

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but, I found that a lot of people I was playing with kept clumping together and hardly moving around the map. I found that spreading out to try and trigger Emergency Quests to be the most effective. Then you gravitate to those events and spread evenly between however many there are. Also people who give up make it harder for the ones who stay. With 5 minutes remaining, I was left to fend for myself and I made it with 20 seconds to spare.

TL;DR: Divide and Conquer!

I personally like to stay in a group, and trigger Emergencies together, that way we can take it out faster together and move onto another together. Spreading out means more running around, plus it means less EXP since everyone has their own little groups to fight against as they move around the map.. But that's how I feel on it

Divide and Conquer works fine for players who are partied together, but multi-parties don't share that benefit.

Yea I can see where that is a problem, and I'll try my best to comply to what the group is doing. I guess I was in a multiparty that spent too much time farming the little yellow triangles on the map in one corner instead of exploring for EQs.

When it comes to these sorts of Urgent Quests, it is more efficient to stick with the entire MPA and farm off of the enemies, as clearing the quest merely means you have to restart the quest, since enemies will no longer spawn for you. Any sort of reward for clearing the Urgent Quest in these types of missions is peanuts compared to sticking around and grinding on the oodles of monsters that spawn. Pop a tri-boost, RDR boost, and an Exp boost, and get to killing. The more people in a condensed group means more spawns in a small area. More spawns in a small area means more shots at PSE Triggers. More shots at PSE triggers means a greater chance at a PSE Burst. And when a PSE Burst happens in a large group of players, there is a FLOOD of enemies. Chain your PBs, and watch the exp roll in. The aim for these quests are to get exp, which typically comes from the monsters, who give a lot more exp than normal, compared to exploration quests. Yes, you want to trigger E-trials as they happen, and clear them, though clearing them will make all the remaining nearby monsters retreat and despawn, though if your MPA is efficient enough, they'll all get killed before they can.

All in all, focus on killing mobs in these UQs. That's where the exp is.

@Pun said in Advice for Urgent Quests that require accumulating points!:

When it comes to these sorts of Urgent Quests, it is more efficient to stick with the entire MPA and farm off of the enemies, as clearing the quest merely means you have to restart the quest, since enemies will no longer spawn for you. Any sort of reward for clearing the Urgent Quest in these types of missions is peanuts compared to sticking around and grinding on the oodles of monsters that spawn. Pop a tri-boost, RDR boost, and an Exp boost, and get to killing. The more people in a condensed group means more spawns in a small area. More spawns in a small area means more shots at PSE Triggers. More shots at PSE triggers means a greater chance at a PSE Burst. And when a PSE Burst happens in a large group of players, there is a FLOOD of enemies. Chain your PBs, and watch the exp roll in. The aim for these quests are to get exp, which typically comes from the monsters, who give a lot more exp than normal, compared to exploration quests. Yes, you want to trigger E-trials as they happen, and clear them, though clearing them will make all the remaining nearby monsters retreat and despawn, though if your MPA is efficient enough, they'll all get killed before they can.

I think I catch your overall meaning and it sounds like a good strategy.
So basically, when you have your points, just sticking around and killing more makes more sense than leaving and restarting the UQ.

@Natty-Boh-man said in Advice for Urgent Quests that require accumulating points!:

I think I catch your overall meaning and it sounds like a good strategy.
So basically, when you have your points, just sticking around and killing more makes more sense than leaving and restarting the UQ.

You could theoretically do that, but the problem that lies within is that they won't count you or your party for monster spawns, therefore making them smaller. It's best to quickly head back and restart the quest, so you can be counted for monster spawns, again.

You could theoretically do that, but the problem that lies within is that they won't count you or your party for monster spawns, therefore making them smaller. It's best to quickly head back and restart the quest, so you can be counted for monster spawns, again.

This is the best advice. Since when you complete the objectives, monsters will no longer spawn based on you. (This includes Emergency Codes.)