SEGA, let us gather as much as we damn well please.

Frustrated with the limited gathering in both the Global and JP beta, I was hoping that it would change for the full release. After playing since June 9th, I see that it hasn't and that there are a TON of other players having the same problem. SEGA, just let us gather as much fruit/ore/vegetables/seafood as we want. These aren't salable to other players anyhow and lock a form of progression that needs no such limits. In addition to that problem, some players aren't able to complete the gathering dailies due to lack of resources! I almost had this problem myself on the 13th where I couldn't find fruit in Central Aelio. I realize that a part of the NGS team is already looking into this issue but this is a situation that should've been fixed pre-launch.

Gathering is pretty tough, but you would think this has nothing to do with lag, but an algorithm.

When we did the survey after CBT they even asked if for us there was enough ores/fruits etc and I answered that they weren't. While the majority said the same, SEGA answer to that was that they think there was plenty and nothing would be changed. I wonder ...why ask that question if no matter what you aren't interested in changing it/are not going to do anything about it anyway ? There was simply no point in asking that question.

@ShinoKoba are fruits important

AF8C4978-BDB2-4685-8A15-72BF73A306E1.png

Sega doesn’t care about our opinion unless it cuts into their bottom dollar. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in SEGA, let us gather as much as we damn well please.:

AF8C4978-BDB2-4685-8A15-72BF73A306E1.png

Sega doesn’t care about our opinion unless it cuts into their bottom dollar. 😕

See ? once again I wonder ...if you already thought that ...why ask us if you don't actually care about our answers and think is fine anyway ?.

That’s the big question. It feels so disingenuous to ask a poll that doesn’t matter to what they were gonna do anyway. >:/

Hopefully the guy who responded like that to the question about materials is getting crucified. There is no way that made it through play testing unless their guinea pig looked at it for two minutes, then decided it was good enough.

I'm fine with the resources being spread out and respawning every 24 hours on the daily reset time.

But ah..Yeah, whatever's going on right now with their respawns? Not ah...not really ideal

I agree with everyone in this thread. It's exactly the kind of stuff Sega's also doing with their other IPS such as Sonic.

Oh, you don't like the wisps, or the deadly six? Too bad, they're here to stay. Quite a shame honestly.. But hey... At least it gives you some time to rest, so I'm not complaining too much. And it isn't as bad as having what you thought would be one-time gimmicks appearing in literally every game onward.

Though I do feel bad for the more hardcore players. Especially when us as beta players tried to give Sega the criticism they asked us to provide. It's basically saying

We know you all didn't like this feature, but regardless to what you say we're gonna keep it as is because WE think we know better than you as the players. The same players who play the game continously, purchase or even support our fanchises.

Sega does this a lot. They ask for our opinion on things, but when we give an opinion they don't like to hear, they brush us off. The only thing they are interested in is people that will kiss up to them.

Look how long it takes them to respond to any issue we report. It's like they take it as some sort of insult when players mention something is broken or not working. I don't know about anybody else, but their replies always come across so vague, like they don't really want to communicate with us.

@HermitST While yes, this whole situation is frustrating, when the only people who can help us don't want to... I will have to correct you, Sega of America is not responsible for updating the game, they have to relly and translate all the incoming reports to the Japanese team, which fixes those problems. It's why the PSO2 JP gets the latest updates first before they come to us. The American division however translates everything and does a few minor tweaks before pushing it out for us.

@HermitST said in SEGA, let us gather as much as we damn well please.:

Sega does this a lot. They ask for our opinion on things, but when we give an opinion they don't like to hear, they brush us off. The only thing they are interested in is people that will kiss up to them.

You say "Sega does this" i say "it's just the norm in the gaming industry". It's probably why most exclusively put things on twitter for that echo chamber feel.