Xbox client series s and x optimizations in the future?

I realize the client was just released for NGS recently on Xbox but I am curious if SEGA plans to update the client to be xbox series s and x optimized in the future? It would definitely help this game look and perform even better on current gen consoles.

I don't have a Series X, but, i've read that others with Series X have bumped up all the graphics options to max settings. That's basically the same as if SEGA made it series X optimized. SEGA gave console players access to the all the same options PC players have for graphics.

so turn up all the graphics settings high as they will go, turn on 60 FPS, and enjoy those amazing next gen NGS graphics

Actually you can't even crank all the graphics settings up to max without problems. Sure it runs and looks great on series s and x, but there's still the fact that as I've reported over in the bugs forum here, the screen can still go randomly black.

Also when the client is not series s and x optimized, that means NGS is currently running in xbox one backwards compatibility mode, and is not optimized to FULLY take advantage of series s and x hardware and not run in backwards compatibility mode.

How does one get NGS out of backwards compatibility mode @MrPellaeon ?

@Pariah-Chan said in Xbox client series s and x optimizations in the future?:

How does one get NGS out of backwards compatibility mode @MrPellaeon ?

Sega has to specifically do some programming with the client to make it xbox series s and x optimized and approved by Microsoft.

My girlfriends Series S is clearly using an Xbox One profile for PSO2 NGS. The game looks almost the same but runs far smoother obviously due to the better hardware.

However, I am running the Series X and it looks beautiful in comparison to hers, its so crisp/sharp and clear.
This is a common issue running games that are not X|S optimized. Monster Hunter is another perfect example. That said, I wish game devs would optimize more of their games for the Series X|S consoles. At least my Series X uses One X profiles so for the most part I'm happy, but my girlfriend is actually looking to buy an Series X now just for unoptimized games (backwards compatibility).

It's sad too really because her Series S runs Optimized games (Fenyx, Valhalla, etc) and they perform and look pretty similar to my Series X at 1080p.

Far as I know there's no such thing as just xbox one x profiles on the series x, and only xbox one profiles only on the series s there's only just xbox one backwards compatibility mode.

NGS is just running in xbox one backwards compatibility mode on both series s and x, and as a result, both you and your girlfriend can crank up all the graphics settings to max and the series s and x will handle it just fine and it'll look great.

It sounds to me also like she's running NGS on balanced graphics settings, and you tweaked yours to max and she doesn't realize she can do the same.

However, there appears to be a bug currently in NGS on series s and x where at times the screen will flicker to black whether you are on default graphics settings, maxed out graphics settings, etc. Seems to happen in central city as well as other places in aelio at random.

@MrPellaeon said in Xbox client series s and x optimizations in the future?:

Far as I know there's no such thing as just xbox one x profiles on the series x, and only xbox one profiles only on the series s there's only just xbox one backwards compatibility mode.

NGS is just running in xbox one backwards compatibility mode on both series s and x, and as a result, both you and your girlfriend can crank up all the graphics settings to max and the series s and x will handle it just fine and it'll look great.

It sounds to me also like she's running NGS on balanced graphics settings, and you tweaked yours to max and she doesn't realize she can do the same.

However, there appears to be a bug currently in NGS on series s and x where at times the screen will flicker to black whether you are on default graphics settings, maxed out graphics settings, etc. Seems to happen in central city as well as other places in aelio at random.

We both have all graphic settings maxed out. We live together, I've looked at all the settings etc. I've even gone to the extent of connecting her Series S to my TV.

The GPU in the One X is slightly more powerful than the Series S. Games that are "Enhanced for One X" use a One X profile on the Series X. However the Series S remains with the standard One profile due the fact that the Series S is not designed for 4K (while the One X and obviously Series X are).

Many backwards compatible games that we play which indicate "Enhanced for One X" (which PSO2 is) have different graphical settings/options which are missing completely on the Series S. Monster Hunter World for example even indicates its using a One X profile on my SX but not her SS.

Just bumping this because I was wondering about it as well. Even though the game has all the graphics settings from PC, they don't all seem to actually work. For example, the terrain draw distance seems to cap at 3 even if you turn it up to 5. I know this because I have to set it to 3 on my laptop and stuff like mining nodes and other objects are popping in at the same distance on my Series X even though I have set to 5. The cloud quality is obviously set to 1 or 2, even if you set it to 3. I imagine some other settings have the same kind of invisible cap.

I can't afford to build a new PC right now because of the shortage on graphics cards, so I really hope the team is working on an Optimized for S/X version of the game. It looks fine as-is, but the Series X should be able to run the game with all settings at/near max at 60fps.