Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??

So I still can't get into the game but I have been hearing that gathering is made much more difficult because of a global gathering respawn time? And you can speed up the respawn time with premium? This is some pretty shady BS and you are turning people off the game SEGA. When I first heard this I thought people were joking but I am pretty sure they were serious now.

The last time I saw a feature like this was in Blade and Soul and Allods online and guess what? IT WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA. Gathering was fine in PSO2. Why make an objectively inferior gathering system in NGS just to try to squeeze a few pennies out of players?

*since I haven't played the game PLEASE correct any factual mistakes.

edit: unknown if you can speed up gathering respawn with premium. maybe SEGA could communicate that a little better so we aren't left guessing?

@ENERSHA420 said in Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??:

And you can speed up the respawn time with premium?

Not to my knowledge.

@Miraglyth then there's no point to gathering respawns then. just blatantly bad design.

@ENERSHA420 said in Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??:

@Miraglyth then there's no point to gathering respawns then. just blatantly bad design.

While yes the resources are horrid. But suggesting to tie in faster respawn timers to premium accounts is just Villainous and foul.

@Viola-Lance said in Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??:

suggesting to tie in faster respawn timers to premium accounts is just Villainous and foul.

Agreed.

There's a theory going around that everything will respawn if you're online when dailies reset. So far this holds for the ones that have. Sucks for people like me who aren't home when daily reset hits.

@Miranda No wonder, my friend that leaves pso2ngs on and AFKs has no issue finishing dailies xD (this operation is most likely a server-wide operation), sometimes it hasn't respawned for me... I'm guessing if you need to, hard re-login into the game even though the timer for resource spawning is valid, so it reflects when you play (this operation is most likely client-cache operation), because I think the read values are stored in cache and only updated when you either re-login OR restart the game client... If anyone else knows, that would be nice!

JP NGS players complained hard enough to where Sega is openly looking at changes to it. Go figure they ignore Global and only listen when JP complains.

@Zeke gathering nodes was a complaint during the 2 JP CBTs also... still not fixed.

implementing dynamic gathering nodes per players, especially in an open-world game is hard to do right, so I understand why it's a bit wonky. It would be an expensive server-side operation if each node had to uniquely check if it should be gatherable for every single player.

For Sega: I think the best way is to just let resources respawn or be gatherable again in 2hr, 3hr, 4hr, or X-hr intervals and be server-time dependant, if that's not the case already... Otherwise it's probably the game instances are just failing to sync with the player. So the player has to just keep on trying to re-enter and hope their instance actually loads data correctly.

@Viola-Lance I tried to make it clear from the start that my information is not reliable and asked for corrections. Maybe if I could play the damn game I could tell you for certain but its some broken garbage right now. I can't believe this game made it past QA and I have experience as a QA developer myself. This is launch is completely unprofessional. I'd say this is just as bad as cyberpunk from a functionality perspective.

I'm just surprised you are still here after the whole no free outfit update from PSO2 to NGS debacle.

@Xaiyeon said in Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??:

implementing dynamic gathering nodes per players, especially in an open-world game is hard to do right, so I understand why it's a bit wonky. It would be an expensive server-side operation if each node had to uniquely check if it should be gatherable for every single player.

It can be done, but as you stated it is a task and can lead to very wonky situations and issues. The most common is compete for resource node by first come first serve and greatly reduce the spawn timer to 15 to 35mins.

Which, I feel the node currently are seemingly one (not the main, but one) of the issues causing the lag. Since it appears multiple players an use a singular node at once - which causes server side checks. Including Boxes seem to have a similar theme.

Just a hunch. Roll back nodes and boxes to the standard first come first serve short CD period- it would say it be very safe to assume about 25% of the lag issues would probably drop.

Since it appears multiple players an use a singular node at once - which causes server side checks. Including Boxes seem to have a similar theme.

Considering everything from movement, combat, chatting and inventory & money changes does as well, resources are probably a drop in the ocean of congestion.

@Miraglyth said in Gathering respawns? Really Sega? Really??:

Since it appears multiple players an use a singular node at once - which causes server side checks. Including Boxes seem to have a similar theme.

Considering everything from movement, combat, chatting and inventory & money changes does as well, resources are probably a drop in the ocean of congestion.

Given that most players I have seen in game at a node dont just approach and gather, it is a barrage of abilities and arts spammed onto it be for they get with in 30 yards of it, when it takes barely a few normal attacks to break the "minerals."

Seen people try nuking the hell out of beets and onions in Mt.Magnus as they approach and no mobs near by, and veggies are snatch and grab easy.