PSA: Updates likely this week

JP have an out-of-cycle maintenance this week that'll provide updates to both the PC and PS4 versions of the game.

JP players site announcements: PC, PS4.

Both versions of the game will update to Ver.7.0001.2. There aren't any details yet about what it contains but since it's out of cycle we can hope it's adjustments to any client-side involvement with the lag and meseta loss issues.

No announcement for Global yet, but if it's fixes like that, we can expect it'll happen shortly.

Not really out of cycle. JP maint EVERY week except on special occasion like Golden Week and stuff where they announce like a week or two before hand that they are skipping a maint.

EDIT: Though most maint don't come with patch download, this one do though.

With all the issues both sides are experiencing it really does need a maintenance.

We now have weekly maintenances on global now too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/490931886877835266/854069562857619476/Screenshot_20210614-204706.png

(I don't think that it actually lasts 30h, pretty sure hours are converted but days of the week aren't)

As long they can fix the problem, I wouldn't even mind more emergency maints.

People losing their currency when teleporting/changing region/leveling up would be enough to shut the servers down imo.

@Kamil118 Yeah, it looks like the "Every Tuesday" and "until Wednesday" are static text that doesn't change with the timezone.

But yeah, now Global is on the exact same maintenance schedule as JP; makes me wonder if people complaining about it is going to get them to change it again, like when the times were closer to JP maintenance when NA first launched, or if they are going to stick to their guns for the sake of parity.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSA: Maintenance & Updates likely this week:

Not really out of cycle. JP maint EVERY week

Oh yeah, and we'll have weekly maintenance going forward as well. That was a silly inclusion on my part. Crossed out now!

@AndrlCh said in PSA: Maintenance & Updates likely this week:

@Kamil118 Yeah, it looks like the "Every Tuesday" and "until Wednesday" are static text that doesn't change with the timezone.

But yeah, now Global is on the exact same maintenance schedule as JPN (just like it initially was, at least time-wise); makes me wonder if people complaining about it is going to get them to change it again, or if they are going to stick to their guns for the sake of parity.

People will always complain about maintenance. Be it scheduled to emergency. As well the same will do the same when there is lack there of. To the point of taking it as a personal attack against them, so much they will convince themselves that the company is out against solely, to where some will threaten with legality claims.

I say stick to their guns keep a primary focus scheduled out and stick with it to ensure timely maintenance is kept.

I finally got my cattleya Knuckles! :'D Thank goodness it's just before this maintenance

Maint this week is for SG scratch

6/23 will be the wedding AC scratch

6/30 will be Oracle Renew Collection "Revival" - well revival for JP

Damn, every-week maint that happens during primetime US hours is pretty rough. Feel especially bad for the west coasters.

@Akonyl said in PSA: Maintenance & Updates likely this week:

Damn, every-week maint that happens during primetime US hours is pretty rough. Feel especially bad for the west coasters.

No matter the time, it will be someone's prime time. Yes it sucks, more so as the west cost has many jobs that end between 5-to7pm so many may and will miss out on dailies unless they wake up early enough (some will, many wont), but nothing world ending. Especially if they have played other online games before they'll just shrug it off and find other entertainment fairly easily, and jump in the next day.

As well as many who shrug it off, many will take it as a personal attack against them, so at least there will be entertaining threads to read.

@HarmlessSyan said in PSA: Maintenance & Updates likely this week:

Maint this week is for SG scratch

Do we know that NGS needs maintenances to launch scratches now? PSO2 didn't.

Please don't post the maintenance announcement at the bottom of the featured headlines!

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/maintenance/maintenance20210616

So I failed to notice it and heard the "1 minute before maintenance" call in the mid of Nex Aelio story battle of my alt char 😆